[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10.[/TD]

[TD]Holy Cross[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Others: Holmes 6, Campbell County 3, Cooper 3

Not sure I agree. What would be your supporting evidence?

1A Beechwood beat 5A Conner up and down the field in a scrimmage, thumped 6A Simon Kenton and beat 4A Holmes even when their performance was sloppy-at-best. They're undefeated. 4A Cov Cath was about even with 6A Ryle when teams pulled starters in their scrimmage, thumped 6A Campbell County, beat 6A Dixie in a high scoring game for both teams, and then they got THUMPED by a GCL team in half a game's time. They're 2-1.

Looking at who and how the teams have played, I'd put them about equal with each other. I'd give rank to the undefeated team :idunno:

1A Beechwood beat 5A Conner up and down the field in a scrimmage, thumped 6A Simon Kenton and beat 4A Holmes even when their performance was sloppy-at-best. They're undefeated. 4A Cov Cath was about even with 6A Ryle when teams pulled starters in their scrimmage, thumped 6A Campbell County, beat 6A Dixie in a high scoring game for both teams, and then they got THUMPED by a GCL team in half a game's time. They're 2-1.

Looking at who and how the teams have played, I'd put them about equal with each other. I'd give rank to the undefeated team :idunno:

I would argue using any scrimmage results is a mistake. Class size is also irrelevant IMO.

If voters expected CCH to be ahead of Beechwood to start the season there is nothing that has happened since the regular season started to make you think otherwise. SK and Holmes are two struggling programs. BW did what was expected. They beat two down teams.

BW may be better than CCH and we'll know next Saturday but nothing so far warrants any change in rankings IF you had CCH ahead of BW to start the season. The W/L record is also irrelevant.

I would argue using any scrimmage results is a mistake. Class size is also irrelevant IMO.

If voters expected CCH to be ahead of Beechwood to start the season there is nothing that has happened since the regular season started to make you think otherwise. SK and Holmes are two struggling programs. BW did what was expected. They beat two down teams.

BW may be better than CCH and we'll know next Saturday but nothing so far warrants any change in rankings IF you had CCH ahead of BW to start the season. The W/L record is also irrelevant.

Big thumbs up on these two points Clyde. Scrimmages mean nothing especially when teams are not healthy and are not at full strength. Way to much is made of class size on here as well. Many other determining factors as to why a team is good other than class size.

Well I say, all in all, I would have put Cov Cath and Beechwood on pretty equal playing fields from the get-go this season. Beechwood is also showing major strengths on both sides of the ball, and they've been 50/50 on their ability to play to their potential in the regular season. Cov Cath is struggling on defense and has played close to their potential for maybe a game and a half of their 3 games. I like to see Cov Cath ranked over Beechwood, I just don't personally see it being completely justified.

Well I say, all in all, I would have put Cov Cath and Beechwood on pretty equal playing fields from the get-go this season. Beechwood is also showing major strengths on both sides of the ball, and they've been 50/50 on their ability to play to their potential in the regular season. Cov Cath is struggling on defense and has played close to their potential for maybe a game and a half of their 3 games. I like to see Cov Cath ranked over Beechwood, I just don't personally see it being completely justified.

CCH has gone up against two good offenses.

BW has played SK and Holmes ie not good offenses.

If you felt they were equal at the beginning of the year then I'd say they're still equal. I'm not big into moving teams up that haven't played anyone tough yet. Again, they may ultimately be better but we just have no evidence to go on YET other than we know they are really good.

I concur that they're really, really close.

Would not be surprised to see SK struggle against Holmes.

I think that will be a low scoring battle. I see both teams having issues getting their offense going and having aggressive fast defenses. Turnovers and big plays will decide who wins that one.

As to the poll, I was surprised to see Ryle drop to where they are. I guess that is due to the Elliott injury.