Title Game Attendance figures

knnal

A lot depends on who else is playing besides a fan's favorite team.

For example, if Newport was in the 2A game and NCC in the 1A fans of both teams would have attended both games.

Whoever says the weather for the 1A game was okay is nuts or is an NCC fan buoyed by a 28-0 halftime edge. I'm guessing impartial or Mayfield fans will tell you it was awful.

A lot depends on who else is playing besides a fan's favorite team.

For example, if Newport was in the 2A game and NCC in the 1A fans of both teams would have attended both games.

Whoever says the weather for the 1A game was okay is nuts are an NCC fan buoyed by a 28-0 halftime edge. I'm guessing impartial or Mayfield fans will tell you it was awful.

Of course you are right on both counts!!! :ylsuper:

Goherd and I were talking about the number of teenage girls who apparently never found their seats. :lol: Seriously...the concourses were teeming all night, throughout the game.

I know...omigod...it was like, so cold, but then I saw Jenny and she said...and then I said, "Whatever!"

I thought a lot more people would have come out for the 3A game. Does that number include the people that left early for the gates??

Being the first game early and not many people besides LC fans really caring about Lexington Catholic, the number doesn't suprise me much. It didn't seem like Bowling Green had a large following either which did suprise me some.

Attendance figures for the past several years.

Year.........1A........2A.........3A.......4A...

2004*

2003......5145......????.....10057....26430

--------Site moved to PJCS-------------

*For some reason, 2004 figures are unavailable.

I would just like to show that Boyle Co. played in all the games that are in bold except for the 2005 game in which the attendance dropped tremendously in 3A. I just wanted to point out the fact that Boyle brings in the fans and without them it just wasnt the same this year.

Being the first game early and not many people besides LC fans really caring about Lexington Catholic, the number doesn't suprise me much. It didn't seem like Bowling Green had a large following either which did suprise me some.

From my vantage point, it looked like the two respective crowds were about even.

On another note: Is anyone else with me in thinking it would've made more sense for the 1A game to have been first, and the 3A game last?

From my vantage point, it looked like the two respective crowds were about even.

On another note: Is anyone else with me in thinking it would've made more sense for the 1A game to have been first, and the 3A game last?

From what I've heard the 4A game will always be Friday night and the other 3 classes will rotate on Saturday.

From what I've heard the 4A game will always be Friday night and the other 3 classes will rotate on Saturday.

That's not what I was getting at. The 4A game works for Friday night as a showcase, but IMO they should have played the 1A game first on Saturday, and built up to the 3A game as the Saturday nightcap. Nothing against NewCath or Mayfield, but having the small-school title last seemed sort of anticlimactic to me.