Citizens Think Cincy Police Officer Murdered Their Friend

Clyde

The suspect was using deadly force as well. Also the first thing you should do is NOT underestimate the guy that's coming at you with a knife, the officer doesn't know what kind of fighting/training the guy he's going up against. Do you have a problem with police authority?

I have a problem with all authority.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not see me ask about a billy club? Surely that could be used to dislodge the knife?

Not only are police officers trained to use deadly force if they are threatened, they are taught to make sure the suspect is immobile. I haven't seen the report but I would guess there was more than one shot also. And yes, if the suspect had a billy club and came at an officer, they would shoot him also if need be.

Did you not see me ask about a billy club? Surely that could be used to dislodge the knife?

That simply would be a horrible decision. Why get that close to a person with a knife? Too many officers murdered as it is. The job is dangerous enough, but what you are suggesting is absolutely horrible tactics. A taser would be an option but only in the situation I already described.

Not only are police officers trained to use deadly force if they are threatened, they are taught to make sure the suspect is immobile. I haven't seen the report but I would guess there was more than one shot also. And yes, if the suspect had a billy club and came at an officer, they would shoot him also if need be.

:thumb:

The blame is clearly on the man with the knife. He is responsible for his own death.

The police responded with the proper force. They are to protect the public and theirselves.

Some want to place the blame on others, rather than blaming the person responsilbe.

That is a major problem in the country today, not accepting responsibilty for the consequences of one's actions.

K-9's can be stabbed too. And they may not have had one available.

Your statement fits your argument. Of course a dog can be stabbed, but I would love to see the K-9 released on this guy in his state of intoxication. This guy would have have freaked and been subdued with some nice dog bites, but maybe not dead. Available?? Did they ask if one was available? These animals are very intimidating and scary. I am willing to lay a very large wager that this would have been successful in saving a life.

Your statement fits your argument. Of course a dog can be stabbed, but I would love to see the K-9 released on this guy in his state of intoxication. This guy would have have freaked and been subdued with some nice dog bites, but maybe not dead. Available?? Did they ask if one was available? These animals are very intimidating and scary. I am willing to lay a very large wager that this would have been successful in saving a life.

I'm pretty sure the police officers didn't know his blood alcohol level from 10 feet away.

I don't know if they asked or not, but if the guy lunges at them with a knife are they supposed to run until a k-9 shows up?

I don't know if they asked or not, but if the guy lunges at them with a knife are they supposed to run until a k-9 shows up?

Still missing my point. Show up with the dog when you have a situation. They work. I watched a program on TLC and those dogs are amazing and people are afraid of them, even when they're intoxicated. No need to argue, your mind is made up. G'nite.

Irrelevant. Bring the dog on the call.

You keep saying things like dogs are constantly available. This is a pretty important call, and if a dog isn't available they probably didn't have time to sit around and wait while this guy possibly robbed, or hurt someone.

Still missing my point. Show up with the dog when you have a situation. They work. I watched a program on TLC and those dogs are amazing and people are afraid of them, even when they're intoxicated. No need to argue, your mind is made up. G'nite.

So because you watch a TV show it works every time, right? These guys are professionals, I think they know when they can/should call out a k-9.

Like I said, we don't even know if one was available. And most likely, they didn't have time to wait on one.