Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

It's Louisville ST.X.. Two of the 80s kids pitched and beat cov cath two years ago, TOG should remember. Spalding is the 90s kid. Padres had a scout there with a stalker gun and I was not in a blimp, I stood right beside him. Just google matt spalding and you will see that perfect game had him throwing 91 to 95 in jupiter this fall.

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Unless he falls off for some reason this year, I'd say Sexton certainly throws consistently in the 80's. Not as high in the 80's as Cain, but he's consistently in the low 80's.

 

Sexton has been to a few showcases this offseason and according to the Dixie coaching staff he is averaging around 84-86. He has topped out at 89 Or 90 Great live arm. I would be willing to bet Cain is averaging around 85-88 topping out around 90 also. He also has a very live arm. Both great ball players and I wish them the best.

  • Author
It's Louisville ST.X.. Two of the 80s kids pitched and beat cov cath two years ago, TOG should remember. Spalding is the 90s kid. Padres had a scout there with a stalker gun and I was not in a blimp, I stood right beside him. Just google matt spalding and you will see that perfect game had him throwing 91 to 95 in jupiter this fall.

Okay sorry for doubting you. I completely forgot about St. X. They have 1 WKU signee and 2 UK signees. going to have a great pitching staff with Spalding being the anchor. I have watched that kid play ball since he was about 10 playing with the Louisville Lightning. Great great great ball player and an even better kid.

Please. There is noone in the state of Kentucky that is throwing like that. Chandler Sheppard has the best arm and I know he is not throwing like that right now. Only Alex Meyer from UK is throwing 95 and he is going to be a first round pick. Whoever had that gun for the hs kid that was throwing 95 needs to get it calibrated for the new season.[\

 

http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=116572

 

Walrus, since you said "please" I posted the perfect game link about Spalding.

Sportsfan, apology accepted. Leonhnert is the only UK signee. Spalding and LHP Tompkins are both WKU signees.

TOG, you're usually pretty knowledgeable so I'll forgive you too.

My point in posting was not to toot St.X's horn (that's why I didn't mention the school or player names until TOG suggested I was low down dirty liar) but to defend the poster who said a couple 9th region kids were throwing in the 80's after it was suggested that "not many kids throw eighty."

Please. There is noone in the state of Kentucky that is throwing like that. Chandler Sheppard has the best arm and I know he is not throwing like that right now. Only Alex Meyer from UK is throwing 95 and he is going to be a first round pick. Whoever had that gun for the hs kid that was throwing 95 needs to get it calibrated for the new season.[\

 

http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=116572

 

Walrus, since you said "please" I posted the perfect game link about Spalding.

Sportsfan, apology accepted. Leonhnert is the only UK signee. Spalding and LHP Tompkins are both WKU signees.

TOG, you're usually pretty knowledgeable so I'll forgive you too.

My point in posting was not to toot St.X's horn (that's why I didn't mention the school or player names until TOG suggested I was low down dirty liar) but to defend the poster who said a couple 9th region kids were throwing in the 80's after it was suggested that "not many kids throw eighty."

 

I knew when you posted you could of only been talking about St.X. I know they are LOADED with pitching this year..

I found another kid in the state of KY, he's only a soph from Woodford Co.. High school. Throws a 92mph fastball, already committed to UK

 

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=282234

 

 

 

 

Please. . Only Alex Meyer from UK is throwing 95 and he is going to be a first round pick. Whoever had that gun for the hs kid that was throwing 95 needs to get it calibrated for the new season.[\

 

http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=116572

 

Walrus, since you said "please" I posted the perfect game link about Spalding.

Sportsfan, apology accepted. Leonhnert is the only UK signee. Spalding and LHP Tompkins are both WKU signees.

TOG, you're usually pretty knowledgeable so I'll forgive you too.

My point in posting was not to toot St.X's horn (that's why I didn't mention the school or player names until TOG suggested I was low down dirty liar) but to defend the poster who said a couple 9th region kids were throwing in the 80's after it was suggested that "not many kids throw eighty."

Like I have said before very few player are throwing in the eighty. Two weeks ago at a showcase at Champions, and out fifty pitcher's only five or six were hitting in the eighty and three were from NKY, Shumate, Sexton and Cottingham.

 

The Ohio Valley Showcase did not publish a cumulative public report that I am aware of for all the pitchers. Champions did send each participant a report individually. The pitchers threw in groups of about 5. The second to last group included Clinton Hollon (was at Lafayette, I believe, but now at Woodford County), Spencer Drake from Eastern, Tyler Arthur from Lexington Catholic, Matt Spalding from St. X, and Logan Shaftner from Lexington Lafayette. There were multiple radar guns there, including the guns that representatives from Champions used as well as about 20 major league scouts that were there. I saw numbers from a gun with Hollon that were 90-93. I saw numbers from Spalding that were 92-95. I had heard that Drake was 90 or above. I heard that Arthur and Shaftner were consistently upper 80’s and may have touched 90.

Please. There is noone in the state of Kentucky that is throwing like that. Chandler Sheppard has the best arm and I know he is not throwing like that right now. Only Alex Meyer from UK is throwing 95 and he is going to be a first round pick. Whoever had that gun for the hs kid that was throwing 95 needs to get it calibrated for the new season.

 

Impact Players from the WWBA World Championship

Friday, October 29, 2010

David Rawnsley

 

 

"RHP Matt Spalding (Kentucky Baseball Club): We’d heard rumblings that the 6-0, 190 lb Spalding had been as high as 96 mph this fall. He didn’t disappoint, throwing 91-94 mph from a loose over-the-top release point that makes him appear much taller to hitters than his listed height."

 

See link: http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5086

Good reminder TOG. Sounds like a mythical group of minor leaguers...

 

“The Kentucky Baseball Club sent a couple interesting arms to the mound in their game against the Texas Scout Team Yankees, with more than 50 scouts behind home plate to see Yankees righthander Dylan Davis. Righthander Tyler Arthur from Lexington Catholic High started the game and was 88-89 with his fastball. He mixed in a 75-77 mph curveball and a 78-80 mph changeup with good movement. The 6-foot-3, 190 pounder showed a good delivery and threw a lot of strikes. His teammate, righthander Matt Spalding from St. Xavier High in Louisville isn't as tall at 6-feet, 190 pounds, but opened some eyes with his fastball that was 91-94 mph and a curveball anywhere from 73-77 mph.”

 

From “World Wood Bat Final Thoughts” by Conor Glassey, Baseball America.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=3012

Please. There is noone in the state of Kentucky that is throwing like that. Chandler Sheppard has the best arm and I know he is not throwing like that right now. Only Alex Meyer from UK is throwing 95 and he is going to be a first round pick. Whoever had that gun for the hs kid that was throwing 95 needs to get it calibrated for the new season.

 

There are a number of Kids throwing that hard from all over the state, I can think of two just off the top of my head from Central Ky and neither are seniors. C. Hollan a soph from Woodford Co. And R Combs a Jr lefty from Bryan Station, both throw in the low 90s.

The 35th district looks to be tough this year. Whos the favorite?

 

Why not start with HC? They are the defending 35th champs and return almost everyone, but I also don't want to disrespect CCH and TOG because they did win state in 02 and have a ton of district and regional titles in the past and therefor should be the favorite every year.

 

I think Beechwood will also be right there, as they bring back everyone and have some quality, experienced pitchers.

 

Defiantly a very tough district as always.

The 35th is probably a toss-up with HC getting the slight nod to start the season.

There are a number of Kids throwing that hard from all over the state, I can think of two just off the top of my head from Central Ky and neither are seniors. C. Hollan a soph from Woodford Co. And R Combs a Jr lefty from Bryan Station, both throw in the low 90s.

 

When did Bryan Station and Woodford Co. join the 9th region?

The Ohio Valley Showcase did not publish a cumulative public report that I am aware of for all the pitchers. Champions did send each participant a report individually. The pitchers threw in groups of about 5. The second to last group included Clinton Hollon (was at Lafayette, I believe, but now at Woodford County), Spencer Drake from Eastern, Tyler Arthur from Lexington Catholic, Matt Spalding from St. X, and Logan Shaftner from Lexington Lafayette. There were multiple radar guns there, including the guns that representatives from Champions used as well as about 20 major league scouts that were there. I saw numbers from a gun with Hollon that were 90-93. I saw numbers from Spalding that were 92-95. I had heard that Drake was 90 or above. I heard that Arthur and Shaftner were consistently upper 80’s and may have touched 90.
Which Champions are you talking about, the one in Cincinnati only had 15 Schools and 2 major league scouts. And it was not called the Ohio Valley Showcase so try again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.