Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

I think its a good time to talk about this stuff because the season is right around the corner. So, Who will be the favorites? Who will be the early Player of the Year candidates?

 

Thoughts.

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexton will come in as POY favorite. When you are a top hitter and a top pitcher you are a POY candidate.

I will go with Sexton as POY, But watch out for Larimore the kid is a stud.

I will go with Sexton as POY, But watch out for Larimore the kid is a stud.

 

The unknown since he didn't play last year. Good call.

I would also have to say Larimore as long as he stays healthy and keeps the grades up excellent baseball player. JD

I'm a homer, but I really like the team Holy Cross will throw out there this year. I think Boone, Beechwood, and Dixie will all be very good too.

Don't forget Teegarden from Boone. He beat Dixie in the Region finals and I think was District and Region MVP. He will be a strong candidate anyway.

The other kid I would say has a chance at POY is Conner Hempel.

Jackson Lauman, Boone County. Absolutely in the picture for POY.

  • Author

Heres some kids on my list not in any order that will be in the POY run:

 

Tyler Sexton- Dixie Heights

Connor Hempel- Ryle

Jackson Laumann- Boone County

Doug Teegarden- Boone County

Zach Larimore- Beechwood

Josh Bertke- Beechwood

Laumann is the best hitter in the region and Sexton is the best pitcher. I would say they are the favorites

Heres some kids on my list not in any order that will be in the POY run:

 

Tyler Sexton- Dixie Heights

Connor Hempel- Ryle

Jackson Laumann- Boone County

Doug Teegarden- Boone County

Zach Larimore- Beechwood

Josh Bertke- Beechwood

 

Pretty good list, I agree, any of these players have a chance.

Last year (2010) was suppose to be a down year for CovCath and it was the year where Coach Krumps wasn't going to get his 20 wins but they got those 20 wins and made it to the semi-finals of the Ninth Region Tournament before being beat by Ninth Region Champion Boone County. I told you last year they were very good but nobody wanted to listen.....

 

This year the local baseball experts have seem to have forgotten CovCath again and have put the tag on 35th rivals Beechwood and Holy Cross. Big mistake, Big, Huge mistake!

Laumann is the best hitter in the region and Sexton is the best pitcher. I would say they are the favorites

 

How did you arrive at this? While he will be one of the top hitters, he doesn't wear the crown of the best hittter in the region.

 

Hempel had a much higher batting ave. and Sexton was ahead of him in just about every category.

Last year (2010) was suppose to be a down year for CovCath and it was the year where Coach Krumps wasn't going to get his 20 wins but they got those 20 wins and made it to the semi-finals of the Ninth Region Tournament before being beat by Ninth Region Champion Boone County. I told you last year they were very good but nobody wanted to listen.....

 

This year the local baseball experts have seem to have forgotten CovCath again and have put the tag on 35th rivals Beechwood and Holy Cross. Big mistake, Big, Huge mistake!

 

Did you just go shopping or something? WOW!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.