9th Region 2011

Last year (2010) was suppose to be a down year for CovCath and it was the year where Coach Krumps wasn't going to get his 20 wins but they got those 20 wins and made it to the semi-finals of the Ninth Region Tournament before being beat by Ninth Region Champion Boone County. I told you last year they were very good but nobody wanted to listen.....

This year the local baseball experts have seem to have forgotten CovCath again and have put the tag on 35th rivals Beechwood and Holy Cross. Big mistake, Big, Huge mistake!

Do Holy Cross and Beechwood not deserve to be the favorite? I believe HC won the district last year, beating CCH. They hardly lose anyone and CCH lost almost everyone, so why would CCH deserve so much respect? Or is it just because their CCH?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Holy Cross and Beechwood not deserve to be the favorite? I believe HC won the district last year, beating CCH. They hardly lose anyone and CCH lost almost everyone, so why would CCH deserve so much respect? Or is it just because their CCH?

The 35th is going to be a bigger battle this year than last. HC returns almost everyone. CCH returns good talent. BW returns a lot plus a really good player that didn't play last year.

A strong team is not going to make the 9th region tourney.

How is Doug Teegarden I met him this past summer and what a nice young man and fun to talk to him. I wish him the best this season and from what I read about him last season was wonderful. JD

Doug is doing good and working very hard this winter to get ready for hopefully another good season for him and Boone County which I believe both will have. Thank you for your comments about Doug (my grandson), he is a good kid who works hard at anything he does. THANK YOU!

The 35th is going to be a bigger battle this year than last. HC returns almost everyone. CCH returns good talent. BW returns a lot plus a really good player that didn't play last year.

A strong team is not going to make the 9th region tourney.

Lets just hope they dont play Holy Cross in the first round of districts again.

Holy Cross, year after year, fails to get the respect that they deserve. Last year's team was the winningest in HC history. Won the Region and the Conner Classic, taking down some good programs along the way. With the losses of Roenker and Egan the Indians may be still show great strength as they lost to Ryle (one of the preseason top teams) at their place by 1 run last year without their seniors. It should be an intersting year for baseball in NKY.

Hilarious. As you know he meant district. Boone County won he Region. 35th will be stacked with CCH, HC, and BW all very, very good.

Actually, I wasn't sure what he meant. They had a great season and we all agree they will have to be considered for the top of the region.

So why should CovCath get so much respect you ask?

Lets see 24 straight years of 20 or more wins in a season and CovCath has never played a cupcake schedule to get those 20 wins.

District Champions

1948, 1954, 1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1975, 1982, 1985, 1986, 19871989, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

9th Region Champions

1967, 1970, 1985, 1987, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005

Semi-State Champions

1985, 2002

State Champions

Oh and I didn't realize that CovCath lost just about everybody from last years (2010) team but then again I only attended every game but two!

Maybe you were thinking of 09 when indeed they lost everybody sans Logan Siemer and Neil Martin but still made it to the semi-finals in the Ninth Region.

I arrive at this by watching the games! He has the most power in the region by far. Saw him play this summer with a wood bat as well. He's the best hitter in the region. Hempel is a good hitter, but can't come close to Laumann's power. If anything Teegarden is probably a close second. You're going to go by High School stats? Those are ALWAYS correct right?

I arrive at this by watching the games! He has the most power in the region by far. Saw him play this summer with a wood bat as well. He's the best hitter in the region. Hempel is a good hitter, but can't come close to Laumann's power. If anything Teegarden is probably a close second. You're going to go by High School stats? Those are ALWAYS correct right?

Well usually I would say the best hitters find ways to get there stats up. Look at Sexton's stats from last year and look at Laumanns or Teegarden. Sexton beat them in every category: average, doubles, hits, homeruns, rbi's, and homeruns. Dont get me wrong I think Jackson is a tremendous player and could very well get POY but how can you hand it over to him already when there is a player that had better stats than him in every category last year?