Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

I was listening to WLW today and they were discussing a kid with two prosthetic legs getting cut from a team in Florida. It was stated that he could throw 80 MPH. A guy named "Mark" from Hebron called in and said that 80 wasn't anything special and that his son is a junior and is going through baseball tryouts now and he throws right now in the upper 80s.

 

Anyone know of this kid? High 80s isn't hit very often in NKY.

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I wonder why bin Laden sent planes into the Twin Towers.

 

He switched for personnel issues.

Apparently no one wants to respond to the question of how Vance Sullivan is eligible to play baseball this spring at Newport Central Catholic? Seems to be a lot of posturing around the question and no answer given as to how this can be.

 

Special dispensation from the Vatican.

Clyde, if you find out who "Mark" is, please wake him from his fantasy dream. I know there have been kids over the last few years like Elliot, Sexton, Isler, etc... who have touched upper 80's for a few pitches or maybe an inning. That's flat bringing it. The last 2 I remember who could do it over 5 or more innings are Harmon and Glazer ( hope that spelling is correct ). I'm sure others will bring up other names I may have forgotten or those who THINK someone threw that hard but I'm not sure if anyone around here right now will throw upper 80's all game long.

I was listening to WLW today and they were discussing a kid with two prosthetic legs getting cut from a team in Florida. It was stated that he could throw 80 MPH. A guy named "Mark" from Hebron called in and said that 80 wasn't anything special and that his son is a junior and is going through baseball tryouts now and he throws right now in the upper 80s.

 

Anyone know of this kid? High 80s isn't hit very often in NKY.

 

I am cannot put "Mark" with anyone, whether they play in Hebron or one of the close privates.

Clyde, if you find out who "Mark" is, please wake him from his fantasy dream. I know there have been kids over the last few years like Elliot, Sexton, Isler, etc... who have touched upper 80's for a few pitches or maybe an inning. That's flat bringing it. The last 2 I remember who could do it over 5 or more innings are Harmon and Glazer ( hope that spelling is correct ). I'm sure others will bring up other names I may have forgotten or those who THINK someone threw that hard but I'm not sure if anyone around here right now will throw upper 80's all game long.

 

Smallwood and Nichols from Dixie both hit upper 80's.

 

Most dads tend to add on anywhere from 5-10 mph to their son's actual velocity. I'm not sure I've ever heard any pitcher's dad claim his kid threw less than 80. :sssh:

Can you play a high school sport for two schools, in the same school year, even if you move?

 

If I read the KHSAA Handbook correctly, you can if your transfer to the second school meets one of the transfer exceptions - of which a "bonafide change in residence" is one.

Smallwood and Nichols from Dixie both hit upper 80's.

 

Most dads tend to add on anywhere from 5-10 mph to their son's actual velocity. I'm not sure I've ever heard any pitcher's dad claim his kid threw less than 80. :sssh:

 

I find it hard to believe that dads give anything but an accurate portrayal of their kids abilities.......................:D

I think Sexton is the hardest thrower in NKY, he was throwin upper 80's and hit 88 MPH at Champion Showcase on Sunday and Cottingham top out at 85 MPH. I know two Schools who are intrested in Cottingham as a pitcher more so then a catcher.

Remember it's pre season. Every team has at least one kid in NKY that throws 90. We hear it every year.

  • Author
I think Sexton is the hardest thrower in NKY, he was throwin upper 80's and hit 88 MPH at Champion Showcase on Sunday and Cottingham top out at 85 MPH. I know two Schools who are intrested in Cottingham as a pitcher more so then a catcher.

 

I actually believe this. Cottingham has an arm on him and I bet he can sling it from the hill. I would be willing to bet Sexton and Cain will hold the crown for fireballers in NKY this year.

Great point!

 

Remember it's pre season. Every team has at least one kid in NKY that throws 90. We hear it every year.

Nice response

I wonder why bin Laden sent planes into the Twin Towers.
Is WV's Vance Sullivan now at NCC?

 

Confirmed and eligible for baseball is what the rumor is these days.

 

Also heard tried to get in at Highlands and was told "NO"

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.