Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

I was listening to WLW today and they were discussing a kid with two prosthetic legs getting cut from a team in Florida. It was stated that he could throw 80 MPH. A guy named "Mark" from Hebron called in and said that 80 wasn't anything special and that his son is a junior and is going through baseball tryouts now and he throws right now in the upper 80s.

 

Anyone know of this kid? High 80s isn't hit very often in NKY.

I find it disturbing that "Mark" would highlight his childs performance in comparison with a kid that can reach 80 with prosthetic legs. Out of the entire quote this impresses me the most.

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands said no, if he was a stud football player they would have said yes.

Highlands said no, if he was a stud football player they would have said yes.

 

They don't need any more the have plenty..

Highlands said no, if he was a stud football player they would have said yes.

 

These kind of post just make me shake my head. Did you read what you wrote before you posted. I'm pretty sure HHS could use some "stud" baseball player. Maybe, just maybe, there is something else to it. From your location, pretty much sums it up.:thumb:

Dad is a Highlands grad isn't he?

 

That's a big 10-4.

Highlands has more than their share of stud baseball player, just most of them are even better football player. I could name a few who could start for any team in NKY, but they picked football, WOW What were they thinking 4 state championships. GO BIRDS

Yes they do but they better not play. 4 State Championships thats great but the other sports are going down.

Highlands has more than their share of stud baseball player, just most of them are even better football player. I could name a few who could start for any team in NKY, but they picked football, WOW What were they thinking 4 state championships. GO BIRDS

 

Let the naming begin...........

I guess I was wrong if you can't name any. for one Abner was a stud when he did play but you would know.

Abner, Towles, Gold etc..

Abner, Towles, Gold etc..

 

Didn't Gold play last year? Why wouldn't he be out this season?

Didn't Gold play last year? Why wouldn't he be out this season?

 

I have been waiting!! Why is the greatest question ever asked. The best baseball players in the school are not allowed to play baseball this year if they go on spring break. So the so called baseball gods think they can win with out the upper class man.

This could be a thread in its self. Senior year for kids who cant play baseball and the rest of the distric and region is now given a chance in baseball and NOT because of football.

Highlands said no, if he was a stud football player they would have said yes.

 

If he moved into HHS district, I do not think they have a choice.

I guess I was wrong if you can't name any. for one Abner was a stud when he did play but you would know.

 

Didn't say you were wrong, as a matter of fact, you are probably right. However, I didn't pop off and say I could name a few who could start for any team in NKY. I was making a simple comment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.