Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

Wow! I didn't realize that CovCath had won the district 6 years in a row from 1998 to 2003. That is quite the accomplishment, because even with all these great programs up here. You hardly see any team win a district 6 years in a row. That must have been some team, whoever that small little school was (Ludlow) that ended their run as District Champions, by beating them in the 1st round of the district.:D

 

Sorry I couldn't resist. However that is amazing what they have done over all these years under their Coach. He is an amazing coach, and what they have done should automatically give them respect. Every year they really should be a team, that people talk about as a team that could do something in 9th region. :thumb:

 

Remember, it was a different district then, than it is now.

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely won't be shumate. I'm guessing Arnzen or Hellman.

I think not having a "stud" pitcher is the coaches biggest concern. Shumate has the potential and they love Arnzen's mental makeup. What they do have is a lot depth with Hellman, Severson, Fagel, Maile, Tomlin and IMO 2 real sleepers in Best and Ward. They will have a really nice defensive team for sure, above average offense and the best team speed they've had in a long time.

 

I'm curious as to HC's pitching depth. Can someone answer please. I know Beechwood has pitching. They should be the favorite but I can see either of the other two winning this district also.

HC has great depth at pitching, in fact it's one of thier strong points. The ace I'd say will be Ritter followed by Tiberi, Broering, and Johnson round out the rotation. I may be missing somone though.

HC has great depth at pitching, in fact it's one of thier strong points. The ace I'd say will be Ritter followed by Tiberi, Broering, and Johnson round out the rotation. I may be missing somone though.

 

I think you left out Jehn as well as Fuller. They have a lot of depth.

It definitely won't be shumate. I'm guessing Arnzen or Hellman.

 

Think a left hand pitcher with a nasty, nasty curve ball!

I think you left out Jehn as well as Fuller. They have a lot of depth.

 

Yeah Fuller and Jehn will for sure be in there. I hope they use Broering as a closer. With Ritter, Tiberi, and Fuller all being hard throwers I think Broering would be a good change of pace. Tyler Johnson is also a really good pitcher. He threw some great games last year. If I remember correctly he beat both Dixie and CCH. The Dixie game he out dueled Sexton I believe.

 

Regardless HC might be one of the most deep pitching staffs in the region.

Marley, Beechwood winning 20 games and Cov. Cath winning 20 games are two different stories. Go back and look at both school's schedules.
Go back and and look at the size different in Schools, that does make a different in who you play. All right you win CovCath is the best in NKY, Beechwood and HC will not even show up for the game when they play CovCath it make no sense to. I don't know why they would waste CovCath's time.
Go back and and look at the size different in Schools, that does make a different in who you play. All right you win CovCath is the best in NKY, Beechwood and HC will not even show up for the game when they play CovCath it make no sense to. I don't know why they would waste CovCath's time.

 

Geeeez Marley. You are starting to sound like one of those Highlands Football fans or alumns that tried to defend their chances 2 yrs ago against the Big Bad Wolf in OH names ST X, when all of the TriState said not a chance. This is why we play the games boys. LOL.

Go back and and look at the size different in Schools, that does make a different in who you play. All right you win CovCath is the best in NKY, Beechwood and HC will not even show up for the game when they play CovCath it make no sense to. I don't know why they would waste CovCath's time.

 

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

Nobody is talking about Dixie and I think they like it that way. Last year all the talk was about Dixie and look what ended up happening. Well since everybody on here isnt talking about them I'll say something about them. Believe it or not they will be very good still. They have senior leadership out of Popham, Sexton, Dematteo, Abeling and Barnhorst. They have a very, very good group of juniors coming up who finished the JV season last year with an impressive 20-5 record. Sexton will lead the hitting and be at the top of the pitching staff while Dematteo and Abeling are locking up the middle. And Popham like always will be securing the leadoff spot and be solid behind the plate. The Juniors that I think will have a huge impact on Dixies season are Corey Garrett and Clayton McKinney. They are both outfielders who can hit with anyone at the varsity level. They are both also very sound pitchers. Dixie will surprise alot of people this season and will have just as good as a chance to win the region as anyone this season.

 

Your right nobody is giving Dixie any thought. Probably because there to busy arguing about CCH vs HC and Beechwood.

 

Anyways, I think Dixie will have a good year. Returning Sexton and Popham along with Abeling and Barnhorst will make them contenders in the 9th.

 

Another thing to say is that Sexton will be a contender in POY. I got to see him pitch a shutout against Scott last year and the kid was an all around stud.

Heard all about the Kenton Cty schools, this is the 9th Region which will include a little ole Catholic school up on the Hill that has been known to sneak up on teams and win a game or two win it counts. Dont know what NewCath has this yr but you can be sure they will win more then lose and be in the mix at the end.

Heard all about the Kenton Cty schools, this is the 9th Region which will include a little ole Catholic school up on the Hill that has been known to sneak up on teams and win a game or two win it counts. Dont know what NewCath has this yr but you can be sure they will win more then lose and be in the mix at the end.

 

They've got Jake Cain which is always a nice place to start.

Heard all about the Kenton Cty schools, this is the 9th Region which will include a little ole Catholic school up on the Hill that has been known to sneak up on teams and win a game or two win it counts. Dont know what NewCath has this yr but you can be sure they will win more then lose and be in the mix at the end.

 

They've got Jake Cain which is always a nice place to start.

 

 

Is WV's Vance Sullivan now at NCC?

Is WV's Vance Sullivan now at NCC?

 

As far as I know, yes.

Heard all about the Kenton Cty schools, this is the 9th Region which will include a little ole Catholic school up on the Hill that has been known to sneak up on teams and win a game or two win it counts. Dont know what NewCath has this yr but you can be sure they will win more then lose and be in the mix at the end.
NewCath is alway strong, they should never be counted out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.