Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

  • Author
Think a left hand pitcher with a nasty, nasty curve ball!

 

Are you thinking of Brian Fagel?

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is WV's Vance Sullivan now at NCC?

 

Confirmed and eligible for baseball is what the rumor is these days.

Confirmed and eligible for baseball is what the rumor is these days.

 

Did he sit out one year or did he change addresses?

Think a left hand pitcher with a nasty, nasty curve ball!

 

Ah, yes, the young Sevvy. He's the left-handed version of HC's Rob Broering.

Did he sit out one year or did he change addresses?

 

I would love to hear the answer to this question as well since dad is still coaching at Walton and I would assume that younger brother is still there as well. Love how these occur for some schools and never get press, but yet we heard the Mike Mitchell stuff for how many years.

I arrive at this by watching the games! He has the most power in the region by far. Saw him play this summer with a wood bat as well. He's the best hitter in the region. Hempel is a good hitter, but can't come close to Laumann's power. If anything Teegarden is probably a close second. You're going to go by High School stats? Those are ALWAYS correct right?

 

So what? Even assuming you're right - and I'm not sure you are - the person with the most power doesn't automatically wear the crown of the "best hitter." Hempel led the 9th in hitting last season with an average over .500 against top-flight competition (and no, I'm not implying that Boone or Dixie's schedule wasn't also very strong). Any discussion of the best hitter in the 9th that does not include Hempel is off base. He may not end up the top hitter in 2011, but he darn sure is one of - if not the top - contender at this point.

So what? Even assuming you're right - and I'm not sure you are - the person with the most power doesn't automatically wear the crown of the "best hitter." Hempel led the 9th in hitting last season with an average over .500 against top-flight competition (and no, I'm not implying that Boone or Dixie's schedule wasn't also very strong). Any discussion of the best hitter in the 9th that does not include Hempel is off base. He may not end up the top hitter in 2011, but he darn sure is one of - if not the top - contender at this point.

 

High school power is overrated. Often times power comes much later to good hitters.

High school power is overrated. Often times power comes much later to good hitters.

 

"Power" can also be somewhat deceptive when playing at a field like Boone's. To be fair, I do think Laumann has a very strong stick. But I've seen some reasonably-well-hit-but-nothing-special fly balls sail out at Boone's place. (Not just for Laumann, for all players).

"Power" can also be somewhat deceptive when playing at a field like Boone's. To be fair, I do think Laumann has a very strong stick. But I've seen some reasonably-well-hit-but-nothing-special fly balls sail out at Boone's place. (Not just for Laumann, for all players).

 

I'll defer to you since you've seen him much more than I. However, if he's a better overall hitter than Hempel then the kid can rake.

I would love to hear the answer to this question as well since dad is still coaching at Walton and I would assume that younger brother is still there as well. Love how these occur for some schools and never get press, but yet we heard the Mike Mitchell stuff for how many years.

 

So did you find out the answer to this? Is that Dan kids?

Is WV's Vance Sullivan now at NCC?

 

Wasn't he playing basketball for WV this season? Seems like I saw his name in some boxscores.

"Power" can also be somewhat deceptive when playing at a field like Boone's. To be fair, I do think Laumann has a very strong stick. But I've seen some reasonably-well-hit-but-nothing-special fly balls sail out at Boone's place. (Not just for Laumann, for all players).

 

I agree. He has power but routine fly balls at most places are in the trees at Boone. Laumann and Hempel are both candidates for sure.

Any power numbers at Boone County's field should be thrown right out the window. There is no way the dimensions are even close to being accurate. No postseason games should ever be played there.

Wasn't he playing basketball for WV this season? Seems like I saw his name in some boxscores.

 

 

Walton Basketball 2010-2011 roster from the KHSAA web site.

 

 

Coach: Dan Trame

Region: 8

District: 32

Roster: Click here

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
James Rice Guard Sr. 22 Zach McNeil Guard Fr.
1 Samuel Schmitt Guard Sr. 24 Derrick Lynn Forward Sr.
2 Chad Lucas Guard So. 25 Brandon Brockman Guard Sr.
3 Tanner Moeves Guard Fr. 32 Clay Cuzick Forward Sr.
4 Ryan Hill Forward Sr. 33 Cole McCubbin Forward Fr.
5 Vance Sullivan Guard Sr. 40 Cole Mosier Center So.
10 Drew Lucas Guard Sr. 42 Matt Hargett Guard Jr.
13 Matt Monday Forward Sr. 42 Daniel Tilley Center Fr.

Obviously his power was enough to sign with UC

 

High school power is overrated. Often times power comes much later to good hitters.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.