Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

I can't believe I am going to agree with you TOG...There should not be two different standards for two different sports at HHS. If the seniors want to take a trip have them take it in June..The problem is that it's not only the seniors it's all grades...If you are really a baseball player than you would rather stay and play baseball..I applaud Jeremy for trying to break the cycle. The spring break garbage needs to end..

 

Agreed. The whole Spring Break thing in Ft. Thomas cracks me up. Been there and done that and had a great time doing it but if my kid loves to play baseball and has to make a decision like that then I am going to encourage him to stay back and play ball. Im not going to say "How dare that coach try to ruin my son's Spring Break". Pleeeeeaaaase. Spring Break is so overrated and unless you go to a tropical island its hit or miss whether or not you will get legit weather to make it worth even going. I thought the SR trips were after graduation anyway?

 

I know there are a few SR's at Highlands already mentioned that arent playing because of this as well as a couple more. I also heard that they had 28 players show for tryouts. That seems kind of low for JV/Varsity but maybe not. Maybe someone else can give me their take on those numbers for a school like Highlands.

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never would have gone on a spring break trip instead of baseball. That makes no sense to me....

C'mon RB, re-think this, I can name 20 reasons. These comparisons of the two sports at Highlands are like comparing FB teams in Kenton Cty to Highlands, just not fair, right guys? DF5

 

Was asked this morning why am I in this thread anyway! Cause my son wanted to play baseball this yr and is going on a trip with his church group and had to decied church or baseball now is that right???

 

Also i hate to see any sport at HHS suffer. i am a tiger by birth and moved here so my kids could be part of the great education system and the winning sports programs.

i just want to know who is going to protect those 7-9th graders when they are playing against 18-19 year old men. who is going to take the wrap when a J Whitford takes a fastball off his arm at 90 from a Cov cath pitcher and he never wants to play BBall again? Then were will the program be?

I can't believe I am going to agree with you TOG...There should not be two different standards for two different sports at HHS. If the seniors want to take a trip have them take it in June..The problem is that it's not only the seniors it's all grades...If you are really a baseball player than you would rather stay and play baseball..I applaud Jeremy for trying to break the cycle. The spring break garbage needs to end..

 

June ehh.....

 

Probably during the Dead Period right!!!! Isn't that right in the heart of Summer baseball? When should you take a vacation again.....

 

Really have no dog in this fight and I highly doubt I ever will. My girls play Softball!!!!

 

 

I really can't support or not support this Spring Break rule. Yeah on one hand it's about team Unity and Commitment, a kid should make that choice and truly be with his Baseball decision. Butttttttttt....... on the other hand...

No other quality baseball team in NKY has to deal with this spring break stuff. Until Highlands figures it out they will be on the outside looking in on the diamond.

 

And how many other schools are allowed to take their Baseball teams to Florida to play games. Highlands isn't.....This was the first question asked to Jeremy when he applied for the job. Heck, Jeremy had an add in a Florida(Sarasota) paper trying to schedule games during Spring Break before he even had the job. Probably shouldn't have said that but who cares at this point....It's his Baseball program....No one else's!!!

Please tell me that a kid isn't passing up his senior year of baseball because of spring break.

 

Why is this just an issue with Highlands? Every other team in NKY knows that you don't take spring break if you're on the baseball team.

 

You absolutely crack me up sometimes with your (Is this really a problem at Highlands)....You always seem to say the right things at the right times....You do love your Ft Thomas connection don't you....LOL!!!

I'm outta of this thread.....

 

Really is a Lose-Lose situation for me....

Does the Softball team let them go on spring break ? And if a kid was going on a church or School trip I bet the coach would work with him. Spring Break is just one big party and someone always gets into trouble or hurt.

I do not understand this at all. If your kid chooses to play sports, then the commitment is to the team for the season. In smaller schools where kids play multiple sports there is often no time for family or other youth group trips year round. These are the choices we all make as families when kids are part of teams like this.

 

 

Even in Fort Thomas, it appears you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Does the Softball team let them go on spring break ? And if a kid was going on a church or School trip I bet the coach would work with him. Spring Break is just one big party and someone always gets into trouble or hurt.

 

Yes the older girls do take spring break! the coaches are smart enought to know that they would only get a game or two in anyway. So what do they do,they schedule a JV tournement and the younger girls get a chance to play and get better against the other JV teams.

 

This thread is now way off track talking about spring break or not to spring break. Lets get back to the 9th region and the winner will not be decieded durning a rain filled spring break for sure!!!!!

You absolutely crack me up sometimes with your (Is this really a problem at Highlands)....You always seem to say the right things at the right times....You do love your Ft Thomas connection don't you....LOL!!!

 

Don't undersell me. I've got tons of Ft T connections.

Those that use the argument that not many games would be played during spring break fail to understand that being part of a team is more than just showing up on game day.

 

"Hey, Dale. Don't worry if I miss practice. I'll be there for the game."

 

"Hey, Krumps. Don't worry about me not learning how to run various defenses on the sac bunt. I'll figure it out when I get back."

Those that use the argument that not many games would be played during spring break fail to understand that being part of a team is more than just showing up on game day.

 

"Hey, Dale. Don't worry if I miss practice. I'll be there for the game."

 

"Hey, Krumps. Don't worry about me not learning how to run various defenses on the sac bunt. I'll figure it out when I get back."

 

Are you kiddn us??? two different sports. Again get on the line and see what they tell you to say next since you have so many friends in the program! lets face it no one will naswer the question of what happens when one of these KIDS get hurt playing men!!!! Thats why Dale has a Fresh and JV teams so the kids don't play against men.

Clyde you know so much tell us why Dale doesnt play the 7/8 graders in the middle school league. The first reason is he doesnt ever want anyone to think they can beat him. So by playing the 7-10th graders who arent ready to play VR baseball is showing everyone we play look we can beat the birds ion something (because they arent allowed to play there best)

Get a grip Clyde while every other team is NKY is in Fla playing baseball on spring break

I think the HHS B team is a great idea!!!!! The old Hitmen and a few fill in kids and lets get it on sure they could compete for reg title..

I guess I have just lived a sheltered life. I have never heard of a baseball player going on a spring break trip and missing baseball. How do you justify playing time for the players that make the choice to leave their team and go party for a week. Do they come back and walk right back into their starting spots if they are starters. What about the players that fore go their trip to stay and play. Do they get benched for their dedication. As far as taking a trip in June, and conflicting with summer ball. How many players continue to play baseball after they graduate if they are not planning on playing college ball. I guess I thought most tried to get jobs and earn some money for college and fit baseball in where they can if they want to continue to play. Many will be to old to play with their old teams anyway. I do have a soft spot for the young man that is wanting to go on a mission trip to Haiti. However, committing to play baseball and wanting to go on the mission trip. This needed to be discussed with the coach as soon as the possibility, of a mission trip came up. Mission work will always be there and be needed. High school and all that goes with it, is a very fleeting thing. It's a hard call.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.