9th Region 2011

Nothing hard about this one at all. Highlands wins state football championships because everyone is comitted to the same cause. Coaches, players and parents. Apparently that is not the case in baseball (but hopefully will be soon). When is the last time Highlands won the region in baseball? I know they haven't won state...

Really? Just how many have won State in NKY? CovCath and ? I ask because I'm not sure of others

Tic Toc!!!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine that...another thread turned into a Highlands thread. So old!

Rather than making these type posts, why don't you post something about a 9th region baseball team.

What gets old is reading posts about thread jacking when the poster never adds anything to the thread themself.

I talked to an NCC guy over the weekend and he is very excited about their team. I believe they will have 8 Sr's in the starting lineup and the lone JR will likely be Hightchew who came on strong at the end of last season. A lot of depth at on the mound as well with Jake Cain 1, Vance Sullivan 2. He said they have a ton of JR pitchers as well.

Really? Just how many have won State in NKY? CovCath and ? I ask because I'm not sure of others

Tic Toc!!!

Too easy tdyballgame:

Newport 1940-41

Newport Catholic 1946-1950-1954 & 1981

Covington Catholic 2002

Winning the KHSAA Baseball Title is much tougher than winning a KHSAA Football Title. Only one State Champion in Baseball, unlike the six in Football.

Too easy tdyballgame:

Newport 1940-41

Covington Catholic 2002

Winning the KHSAA Baseball Title is much tougher than winning a KHSAA Football Title. Only one State Champion in Baseball, unlike the six in Football.

:isurrender::isurrender::isurrender: now what tdyballgame??? i guess you dont know as much as you think you do. hahahahahaha DF5

Too easy tdyballgame:

Newport 1940-41

Covington Catholic 2002

That a boy TOG. I knew if anybody knew, you would know.

Oh, and the Tic Toc wasn't meant for the question.:sssh:

This is like a New Years Eve Count Down!!!! All this anticipation is killing me.

Whoa! TOG missed something. Are you sure Holmes won in 1963? Man, ask a question you don't have all the info to and the people of BGP come to the rescue.

Whammmmm!

Shouldn't have forgotten that as Gary Sargent pitched a ton of innings to win the title for Holmes that year! I think he won 14/15 games for Holmes in 63!

Too easy tdyballgame:

Newport 1940-41

Covington Catholic 2002

NewCath's last title was in 1956, not 1981. 1981 title went to St. X

Clyde, if you find out who "Mark" is, please wake him from his fantasy dream. I know there have been kids over the last few years like Elliot, Sexton, Isler, etc... who have touched upper 80's for a few pitches or maybe an inning. That's flat bringing it. The last 2 I remember who could do it over 5 or more innings are Harmon and Glazer ( hope that spelling is correct ). I'm sure others will bring up other names I may have forgotten or those who THINK someone threw that hard but I'm not sure if anyone around here right now will throw upper 80's all game long.

Adams from Scott was throwing low 90's in his first start of his junior year before getting hurt.

Adams from Scott was throwing low 90's in his first start of his junior year before getting hurt.

Ok now we have a winner Clyde give us the number so everyone on BGP can give you a call!!! :banana::banana::banana: