Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

Nothing hard about this one at all. Highlands wins state football championships because everyone is comitted to the same cause. Coaches, players and parents. Apparently that is not the case in baseball (but hopefully will be soon). When is the last time Highlands won the region in baseball? I know they haven't won state...

 

Really? Just how many have won State in NKY? CovCath and ? I ask because I'm not sure of others

 

Tic Toc!!!

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimate Highlands Jack...LOL

 

I can see the steam coming out of every other baseball fan in NKY.

 

Here is my take......Highlands wont be a favorite to win the Region this year. However, they have an excellent coach in Baioni.

Imagine that...another thread turned into a Highlands thread. So old!

 

Rather than making these type posts, why don't you post something about a 9th region baseball team.

 

What gets old is reading posts about thread jacking when the poster never adds anything to the thread themself.

I talked to an NCC guy over the weekend and he is very excited about their team. I believe they will have 8 Sr's in the starting lineup and the lone JR will likely be Hightchew who came on strong at the end of last season. A lot of depth at on the mound as well with Jake Cain 1, Vance Sullivan 2. He said they have a ton of JR pitchers as well.

Really? Just how many have won State in NKY? CovCath and ? I ask because I'm not sure of others

 

Tic Toc!!!

 

Too easy tdyballgame:

 

Newport 1940-41

Newport Catholic 1946-1950-1954 & 1981

Covington Catholic 2002

 

Winning the KHSAA Baseball Title is much tougher than winning a KHSAA Football Title. Only one State Champion in Baseball, unlike the six in Football.

Too easy tdyballgame:

 

Newport 1940-41

Newport Catholic 1946-1950-1954 & 1981

Covington Catholic 2002

 

 

 

 

Winning the KHSAA Baseball Title is much tougher than winning a KHSAA Football Title. Only one State Champion in Baseball, unlike the six in Football.

 

:isurrender::isurrender::isurrender: now what tdyballgame??? i guess you dont know as much as you think you do. hahahahahaha DF5

Too easy tdyballgame:

 

Newport 1940-41

Newport Catholic 1946-1950-1954 & 1981

Covington Catholic 2002

 

Winning the KHSAA Baseball Title is much tougher than winning a KHSAA Football Title. Only one State Champion in Baseball, unlike the six in Football.

 

That a boy TOG. I knew if anybody knew, you would know.

 

Oh, and the Tic Toc wasn't meant for the question.:sssh:

 

This is like a New Years Eve Count Down!!!! All this anticipation is killing me.

And Holmes won in 1963 . Kpowwww!!!

Whoa! TOG missed something. Are you sure Holmes won in 1963? Man, ask a question you don't have all the info to and the people of BGP come to the rescue.

 

Whammmmm!

Whoa! TOG missed something. Are you sure Holmes won in 1963? Man, ask a question you don't have all the info to and the people of BGP come to the rescue.

Whammmmm!

 

 

Shouldn't have forgotten that as Gary Sargent pitched a ton of innings to win the title for Holmes that year! I think he won 14/15 games for Holmes in 63!

I think Jon Draud was the coach of that Holmes team too.

The older NCC teams were coached by legendary Jim Connor.

Too easy tdyballgame:

 

Newport 1940-41

Newport Catholic 1946-1950-1954 & 1981

Covington Catholic 2002

 

Winning the KHSAA Baseball Title is much tougher than winning a KHSAA Football Title. Only one State Champion in Baseball, unlike the six in Football.

 

NewCath's last title was in 1956, not 1981. 1981 title went to St. X

Clyde, if you find out who "Mark" is, please wake him from his fantasy dream. I know there have been kids over the last few years like Elliot, Sexton, Isler, etc... who have touched upper 80's for a few pitches or maybe an inning. That's flat bringing it. The last 2 I remember who could do it over 5 or more innings are Harmon and Glazer ( hope that spelling is correct ). I'm sure others will bring up other names I may have forgotten or those who THINK someone threw that hard but I'm not sure if anyone around here right now will throw upper 80's all game long.

 

Adams from Scott was throwing low 90's in his first start of his junior year before getting hurt.

NewCath's last title was in 1956, not 1981. 1981 title went to St. X

 

Thanks Lb13 for the correction. Not second guessing anyone, but maybe it wasn't that easy of a question.

Adams from Scott was throwing low 90's in his first start of his junior year before getting hurt.

 

Ok now we have a winner Clyde give us the number so everyone on BGP can give you a call!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.