Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2011

Featured Replies

Cory Abeling should have a strong season. I look for Popham and Dematteo to be a huge part in Dixie's success too. I would say Barnhorst would be the #2 in the rotation, have you seen the kid pitch. Probably in the top 3 pitchers in the NKY velocity wise. He also throws many strikies with good off speed. He held a very good Conner team last year to 1 run through 6 innings.

 

Yes, I am quite familiar with Tim. Isn't he coming off of surgery?

  • Replies 374
  • Views 58.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Yes, I am quite familiar with Tim. Isn't he coming off of surgery?

 

Yes he is. But apparently after talking to Coach Maxwell at Dixie he has told me that Tim threw off the mound for the first time last Monday and was throwing VERY well. He could stress the word VERY enough. He also said Tim will be ready by opening day.

I think Boone will be tough again this year as they return a good group of players and they know how to win. NC will be tough, CCH, Beechwood, Dixie, HC, Ryle, Campbell, Brossart. Looks like it will be a good year to watch the games. Good luck to all.

I think more so than any of the past few years, there truly is not a big pre-season favorite heading into this season. At this point, there wouldn't appear to be much separation between NCC, Dixie, Beech, Ryle, Boone, Campbell, HC, CCH and probably even or two others. Most everyone has a solid #1 and a couple of other quality hurlers, but no one appears especially deep in pitching. It'll be interesting to see who will step it up. Ryle will have a solid starting lineup, but is going to need a few JV pitchers from last season to really step up right away - probably pretty much the same boat as most teams find themselves right now.

I think NCC is the team to beat. They are very solid all the way around. The Breds have the best pitching in the 9th..

I think more so than any of the past few years, there truly is not a big pre-season favorite heading into this season. At this point, there wouldn't appear to be much separation between NCC, Dixie, Beech, Ryle, Boone, Campbell, HC, CCH and probably even or two others. Most everyone has a solid #1 and a couple of other quality hurlers, but no one appears especially deep in pitching. It'll be interesting to see who will step it up. Ryle will have a solid starting lineup, but is going to need a few JV pitchers from last season to really step up right away - probably pretty much the same boat as most teams find themselves right now.

 

HC seems to have the most pitching depth.

 

NCC may have the best 1-2 combo.

1. Beechwood

2. NC

3. Holy Cross

4. CCH

5. Boone

6. Ryle

7. Dixie

8. Campbell

9. Brossart

10. Conner

 

Obviously this is a NKY vote and not a "9th region" vote.

 

No Highlands?

TOG - now that cuts have been made can you post the Colonels roster?

Let me take a minute to give a shout out to a kid who was cut from CCH. If there is a kid in NKY who loves baseball more than Sean Hamm I haven't met him. Unfortunately, Sean's high school career came to an end last week. NKY needs more Sean Hamms who truly love the game first and foremost. Great kid(despite his love for the Astros). I know he'll be rooting for his boys but I will admit that it takes a bit of the fun away for me not seeing him on the bench.

 

Big ups to Sean Hamm!

Baseball is by far the most difficult o fthe big 3 to predict a winner in High School. I also agree that this year there is no "clear Cut" favorite. However, I would have to give the edge to Boone based on their performance last year in the post season. In baseball one dominate pitcher, a team that makes consistent contact at the plate, and you can be a very tough team to beat in 1 game.

Typically and especially in HS baseball if a kid is a Sr and his spot is on the bench then he is taking away an opportunity for a younger kid to learn and develope. If a kid cant get on the field as a Sr then see ya later.

This is probably what happened at Highlands. No way would Baioni take 13 Srs on his team, not enough room on the roster just to be taking kids because they love the game and wanted to play.

Not sure about this Hamm kid from CovCath, is he sick or move out of town or something?

Typically and especially in HS baseball if a kid is a Sr and his spot is on the bench then he is taking away an opportunity for a younger kid to learn and develope. If a kid cant get on the field as a Sr then see ya later.

This is probably what happened at Highlands. No way would Baioni take 13 Srs on his team, not enough room on the roster just to be taking kids because they love the game and wanted to play.

Not sure about this Hamm kid from CovCath, is he sick or move out of town or something?

 

Heard Hamm was not alone 3 Seniors total suffered the same fate.

Heard Hamm was not alone 3 Seniors total suffered the same fate.

 

At a school the size of CovCath I would have thought ther would have been more. Tough to swim in that big pond.

TOG - now that cuts have been made can you post the Colonels roster?

 

Maybe on Saturday I will post the roster but while I think I know, I don't what to post without being positive.

 

Saturday is a big weekend for me and one of my favorite weekends of the year!

 

Always the weekend prior to St. Patrick day CovCath has a scrimmage game between the team and after the game, I go to Koch Sporting Goods in Cincinnati to get my two Koch Big Red enlarged Format ScoreBooks (BR554) and then I head on over to Fountain Square to have an adult Irish beverage! Even The Boss" loves this weekend!

Dixie will be stronger than most anticipate.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.