Children of illegal immigrants cost LA 600 million in welfare in 2010

HT721

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What level of English is "ordinary". I see so many American citizens that are not immigrants who can't properly put a sentence together, spell, or even use a word correctly. To me, that eliminates them meeting that requirement. Couple that with the millions of kids who make it through both primary and secondary education levels without ever learning to read, or having a very low level of reading competence, and I think I'd rather interact with an immigrant speaking a foreign language who at least knows how to speak correctly in that language.

Yes but even though they don't use the proper sentence structure or pronounce words correctly, you can still understand them, for the most part.

Yes but even though they don't use the proper sentence structure or pronounce words correctly, you can still understand them, for the most part.

A pronounced accent doesn't mean that one isn't speaking ordinary English, or that they don't understand it.

Sorry but not everyone speaks CITY language, but don't worry we country people sure make fun of the way you talk too. I mean how can you say words so proper and sound Ohioish. Jeff Foxworthy needs to be an immigrants English teacher.

I don't understand. My comment was about using proper sentence structure and the proper words. I have already stated that having an accent doesn't mean one doesn't speak or understand ordinary English. :confused:

I guess we can add Ohioan's and "city folk" to the list....

That brings us to....

Muslims

Mexicans

Catholics

Non-English Speakers

Northern Kentuckians

People from Louisville

Ohioans

City Folk

Outside of country people, who don't you hate Crazy Horse?

Well I absolutely hate child pedophilers and sex offenders. No punishment bad enough for them.

But I do not hate anyone, I just dont like these groups crying poitical correctness or hate crime if something happens to their illegal butts in AMERICA. I also do not like how homosexuals try to make it seem like it is ok to be gay or try to force you to accept that homosexuality is ok. I will never watch another Jack Black movie after the commercial he did portraying Jesus for a gay rights group.

Well I absolutely hate child pedophilers and sex offenders. No punishment bad enough for them.

But I do not hate anyone, I just dont like these groups crying poitical correctness or hate crime if something happens to their illegal butts in AMERICA. I also do not like how homosexuals try to make it seem like it is ok to be gay or try to force you to accept that homosexuality is ok. I will never watch another Jack Black movie after the commercial he did portraying Jesus for a gay rights group.

What is it that scares you about these people? Why are you afraid of those who are different than you?

Since when are Catholics, homosexuals, Northern Kentuckians, etc. "illegal"?

What is it that scares you about these people? Why are you afraid of those who are different than you?

Since when are Catholics, homosexuals, Northern Kentuckians, etc. "illegal"?

Obviously you have never met a gay Mexican from Florence :rolleyes:

j/k of course.

Why is it not ok to be gay?

Updated list:

Muslims

Mexicans

Catholics

Non-English Speakers

Northern Kentuckians

People from Louisville

Ohioans

City Folk

Child Pedophilers

Sex Offenders

Homosexuals

Jack Black

I am getting dangerously close to being on this list. I live in Louisville now so options 6 and 8 ALMOST apply to me. I'm sure if we keep this up I'll end up on the list somehow...but maybe my southern twang will save me. :D