Boone County 57 Newport Catholic Central 55

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He loses one of top players in NKY and takes his team on the road and gets a huge win. I think his greatest talent is adjustments and game planning. Just look at his resume for the last few seasons. If he has a player make a layup, he is keeping the state champs from even participating in the Sweet 16. Great basketball I.Q. imo. Just go to some of his games and watch and listen to him, then you will see it for yourself.

Like I said didn't say he was a bad coach just trying to see the justification for one of the best statement. He has had a ton of talents come thru the boone program the past few years with no state tourney trip. I agree the win at NCC and the gameplanning this year has been good. I do think he could utilize his bench a little better this year as i think there is some talent not being used.

Like I said didn't say he was a bad coach just trying to see the justification for one of the best statement. He has had a ton of talents come thru the boone program the past few years with no state tourney trip. I agree the win at NCC and the gameplanning this year has been good. I do think he could utilize his bench a little better this year as i think there is some talent not being used.

First of all, show me a great coach that had bad talent. ALL great coaches at any level and any sport have had great players. They go hand in hand. Please tell me what talent is not being utilized. Are you at practice everyday? I have heard he is a great practice coach.

First of all, show me a great coach that had bad talent. ALL great coaches at any level and any sport have had great players. They go hand in hand. Please tell me what talent is not being utilized. Are you at practice everyday? I have heard he is a great practice coach.

wow... apparently you have taken my comments as offensive...I am not sure what practice has to do with my statements above. I am not at practice and apparently you aren't there eithier. IMO the best PG on the team is sitting on the bench. He is quicker, more atheltic, and goes 110% all the time and makes the other teams d work. Not takeing away from the other PG's i just feel he is a better PG choice. I am not at practice and not the coach so its not my call but my opinion. As far as great talent at every level, its what you do with it and the results obtained. I am simply saying IMO i think that talent that has come thru should have resulted in a couple of state tourney trips.

wow... apparently you have taken my comments as offensive...I am not sure what practice has to do with my statements above. I am not at practice and apparently you aren't there eithier. IMO the best PG on the team is sitting on the bench. He is quicker, more atheltic, and goes 110% all the time and makes the other teams d work. Not takeing away from the other PG's i just feel he is a better PG choice. I am not at practice and not the coach so its not my call but my opinion. As far as great talent at every level, its what you do with it and the results obtained. I am simply saying IMO i think that talent that has come thru should have resulted in a couple of state tourney trips.

I would say that if you have been at the BCHS games you would know that the guards on the court are the best Boone has right now, without question.

I would say that if you have been at the BCHS games you would know that the guards on the court are the best Boone has right now, without question.

Have been and disagree but again I am not at practice so that may sway my opinion being at practice. We haven't seen enough of the others to make that determination based on games alone. Practice may tell another story but I have seen one of them in game situations and IMO feel needs more PT.

Have been and disagree but again I am not at practice so that may sway my opinion being at practice. We haven't seen enough of the others to make that determination based on games alone. Practice may tell another story but I have seen one of them in game situations and IMO feel needs more PT.

let me rephrase that, needs more PT based on opponent.

I honestly think Coach Q is playing the best he has at this time. Give me a name. Who is the PG you are referring to? I really think Coach Q did the best he could do the past few seasons. The Holmes team was dominant and unfortunately they coexisted with his teams. You talk about all of the talent he has had. How many played beyond high school? Not many.

let me rephrase that, needs more PT based on opponent.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, IMO the guards on the floor are the best Boone has. I do like to see subs get worked in to the rotation with the other starters when possible though, I think it helps the subs be more successful having playing time with the starters instead of subbing everyone at once, especially the boys who will need to pick it up for Boone next year.

I honestly think Coach Q is playing the best he has at this time. Give me a name. Who is the PG you are referring to? I really think Coach Q did the best he could do the past few seasons. The Holmes team was dominant and unfortunately they coexisted with his teams. You talk about all of the talent he has had. How many played beyond high school? Not many.

Very good point! No argument there. But this is a team sport. Just playing devils advocate here for debate purposes. I have no issues with coach M.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, IMO the guards on the floor are the best Boone has. I do like to see subs get worked in to the rotation with the other starters when possible though, I think it helps the subs be more successful having playing time with the starters instead of subbing everyone at once, especially the boys who will need to pick it up for Boone next year.

:thumb:

Agreed!

Earls, Gabbard, Popp, and Cotton all got college offers off last year's team. Flannery was also on that team until his sophomore year and transferred. He is playing on a full ride at an NAIA school I believe. McFarland the year before that. Spaulding from that team played football in college. Krohman the year before that. Story got offers too. D. McFarland and Travis Rasso in 2004. Also, Joel Fox got an offer from that team. Cory Farris was also on the team until his senior year but did not play his senior year because he did not care for Coach M. From this year's team, Montgomery and Brown would have the opportunity to play at the next level. Also possibly Crabtree, especially because of his height. I think Holmes had 3 from their last year's team (maybe 4?), and a couple the year before that, and Henderson the year before that, and a couple (Rice and Avery?) the year before that.

There were a couple seasons where Boone would beat Conner three times handily in the regular season and then get upset in the district tournament. Or have a great record early on and a mediocre to losing record the last half/third of the season. They choked in several games that counted.

Earls, Gabbard, Popp, and Cotton all got college offers off last year's team. Flannery was also on that team until his sophomore year and transferred. He is playing on a full ride at an NAIA school I believe. McFarland the year before that. Spaulding from that team played football in college. Krohman the year before that. Story got offers too. D. McFarland and Travis Rasso in 2004. Also, Joel Fox got an offer from that team. Cory Farris was also on the team until his senior year but did not play his senior year because he did not care for Coach M. From this year's team, Montgomery and Brown would have the opportunity to play at the next level. Also possibly Crabtree, especially because of his height. I think Holmes had 3 from their last year's team (maybe 4?), and a couple the year before that, and Henderson the year before that, and a couple (Rice and Avery?) the year before that.

There were a couple seasons where Boone would beat Conner three times handily in the regular season and then get upset in the district tournament. Or have a great record early on and a mediocre to losing record the last half/third of the season. They choked in several games that counted.

My question was…………how many PLAYED beyond high school. Over the last few years, I only know of Gabbard, McFarland and Krohman. I am going to exclude Flannery because he transferred early on and did not graduate from BC. They got upset by Conner because only one player on that team could score and Jim Hicks from Conner put a blanket on Krohman and took him completely out of the game. You can talk about all the offers you want, but the bottom line is that there is an ocean of difference between talk and getting your college uniform. Also, I do not believe that Crabtree has college level talent regardless of his size. Lastly, I believe that of all the "ton" of talent that you claim how many play/played D1? I think you are being totally unfair to Coach Q and I'm not sure why.