Boone County 57 Newport Catholic Central 55

Not sure whay they aren't reported but players and parents have access. I can tell you that Trevan Brown is averaging a double/double - 21pts./ 11 rebounds per game, McQueary - 15pts. a game, Downs - 6 assists per game and Crabtree - 7 rebounds a game. I'm surprised Ryan Ernst doesn't have Trevan Brown in the "Big Man" discussion with Geisler and Thelan based off stats, Boone beating New Cath last week (Brown - 17pts. and Geisler - 16 pts.) and Trevan's proven ability against top state teams. Against, Eastern, the #1 team in the state, Trevan had 31 pts. and 15 rebounds, a team with (3) D1 signee's.

Thanks, I haven't noticed the stats being posted for any teams in the paper this year either.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I haven't noticed the stats being posted for any teams in the paper this year either.

Think they were in Enquirer last week on Friday. Can also be found with the schools that take the time to enter them in at http://preps.cincinnati.com/leaders.aspx?cid=110&b=1&y=2010&ic=1&sp=100

Not all schools are current but usually a good place to check.

Not sure whay they aren't reported but players and parents have access. I can tell you that Trevan Brown is averaging a double/double - 21pts./ 11 rebounds per game, McQueary - 15pts. a game, Downs - 6 assists per game and Crabtree - 7 rebounds a game. I'm surprised Ryan Ernst doesn't have Trevan Brown in the "Big Man" discussion with Geisler and Thelan based off stats, Boone beating New Cath last week (Brown - 17pts. and Geisler - 16 pts.) and Trevan's proven ability against top state teams. Against, Eastern, the #1 team in the state, Trevan had 31 pts. and 15 rebounds, a team with (3) D1 signee's.

Interesting that perhaps the two best big men in N. Ky. are also excellent football players. Brown has a D1 scholarship and Giesler would likely have one if he were open to playing football in college. I guess you don't need to be one sport focused after all, do you? Food for thought for all the youngsters who may be online, and maybe for some parents too.

Coach M is an awhful coach. This is only my opinion though. Like it was said above look at his record before these last 3 years. What has he done? Nothing. With the talent he has been given these past 3 seasons a district championship shouldn't be his goal. Going to the sweet 16 should. Which Boone has failed to do.

Coach M is an awhful coach. This is only my opinion though. Like it was said above look at his record before these last 3 years. What has he done? Nothing. With the talent he has been given these past 3 seasons a district championship shouldn't be his goal. Going to the sweet 16 should. Which Boone has failed to do.

The last two years he lost to the #1 seed in the region-the Holmes Bulldogs. Two years ago in the finals they lost by 3 to the team that won the state championship. Highly acclaimed players McFarland and Gabbard combined to shoot 2 for 14 in that game. (I know it is the coaches fault.) Last year they lost in the region semifinals to Holmes, which again was rated at the time near the top in the state. I think some here are overrating the talent at Boone. Nobody in their right mind would say Boone had more talent than Holmes the last couple of seasons. When it is all said and done, Holmes will have had two players with much playing time at the d-1 level, including one that some project to play professionally, either overseas, or in the NBA, and Boone will have had one play at the d-1 level in Gabbard.

Think they were in Enquirer last week on Friday. Can also be found with the schools that take the time to enter them in at http://preps.cincinnati.com/leaders.aspx?cid=110&b=1&y=2010&ic=1&sp=100

Not all schools are current but usually a good place to check.

Thanks. I see Boone's out there now. Good to see kids get individual recognition too.

The last two years he lost to the #1 seed in the region-the Holmes Bulldogs. Two years ago in the finals they lost by 3 to the team that won the state championship. Highly acclaimed players McFarland and Gabbard combined to shoot 2 for 14 in that game. (I know it is the coaches fault.) Last year they lost in the region semifinals to Holmes, which again was rated at the time near the top in the state. I think some here are overrating the talent at Boone. Nobody in their right mind would say Boone had more talent than Holmes the last couple of seasons. When it is all said and done, Holmes will have had two players with much playing time at the d-1 level, including one that some project to play professionally, either overseas, or in the NBA, and Boone will have had one play at the d-1 level in Gabbard.

I don't think Boone had more talent than Holmes, but they could have beaten them a couple of the times. They did once, and they had two other close games in the last couple of years. I do think Boone was better than Conner and Ryle who upset them in the districts 3 of the last 4 years.

I think we can throw out his first 3 years considering that school has had maybe 2 -3 winning seasons in the last 15. Lets stick to what he has done at Boone to be fair. Sometimes Coaches have to get a start where you can and sometimes the talent isnt there to produce the wins. Not saying Coach M is good or bad because I don't have enough info to form that opinion.

Bottom line. After the loss to Conner in the 2008 33rd, a group of parents tried to get Coach M relieved of his duties and their witch hunt failed. There are some who chose to transfer and some who just continue to bash away at the man. Sadly, I think some use this forum to try and discredit a man who gives his heart and soul to his team, asst. coaches and his players. He is a tremendous person, great game planner and a great teacher of the game. He is a dedicated, tireless worker who puts his everything into preparing his teams for their battles that lie ahead. I have a very good friend who is a former high school coach. We talk often and I asked him if he missed coaching. His terse reply was that he misses coaching tremendously, but the parents are what drove him out of something he truly loved. That is sad. IMHO, it's the disgruntled parents of players that cause ALL of the problems. Just let coaches coach and become spectators. Let your kids enjoy playing ball and being a teammate. You are the problem, realize it. Sidenote: would love to know how many of Coach M's detractors actually played high school varsity basketball.

Bottom line. After the loss to Conner in the 2008 33rd, a group of parents tried to get Coach M relieved of his duties and their witch hunt failed. There are some who chose to transfer and some who just continue to bash away at the man. Sadly, I think some use this forum to try and discredit a man who gives his heart and soul to his team, asst. coaches and his players. He is a tremendous person, great game planner and a great teacher of the game. He is a dedicated, tireless worker who puts his everything into preparing his teams for their battles that lie ahead. I have a very good friend who is a former high school coach. We talk often and I asked him if he missed coaching. His terse reply was that he misses coaching tremendously, but the parents are what drove him out of something he truly loved. That is sad. IMHO, it's the disgruntled parents of players that cause ALL of the problems. Just let coaches coach and become spectators. Let your kids enjoy playing ball and being a teammate. You are the problem, realize it. Sidenote: would love to know how many of Coach M's detractors actually played high school varsity basketball.

Well said! and I agree with everything you've said about Coach McQueary. Last season (2) of his main players quit on him and did their teammates dirty by QUITTI NG on everyone and then people have the nerve to get on here and dog the coach because they can't keep their own kids in line. Amazing! But the really enjoyable thing was Boone still made it to the final four game of the region after that distraction. Everyone at Boone has moved on and people in that group should also.

Kudos to the Rebels and Coach McQueary for having his team ready to play. I think Coach McQueary should get tons of credit here for this win after losing one of his horses (Montgomery). Takes a talented coach to get his team to continue to play at a high level when you lose one of your key components. Great coach imo.

It is fine for you to express your opinion. Why bash others who disagree with your opinion?

Coach M seems like a good guy. Again, not questioning his character. This year, he is starting to make adjustments that he has not made in the past, and he seems to be adapting his game plan to the

strengths of his players as a coach should. I truly hope he keeps it up. Boone will lose a lot after this year. If Boone has another good season next year and are one of the top teams in the 9th again, that will be impressive.

Getting back to the game, the win over New Cath was a good win, considering the loss of Montgomery.

Edited by wildcatfan
spelling

It is fine for you to express your opinion. Why bash others who disagree with your opinion?

Coach M seems like a good guy. Again, not questioning his character. This year, he is starting to make adjustments that he has not made in the past, and he seems to be adapting his game plan to the

strengths of his players as a coach should. I truly hope he keeps it up. Boone will lose a lot after this year. If Boone has another good season next year and are one of the top teams in the 9th again, that will be impressive.

Getting back to the game, the win over New Cath was a good win, considering the loss of Montgomery.

Well said and I agree. I think this all stems from the fact he is adjusting this year and people are making the assumptions as to why. No coach knows everything and is conintually growing throughout the years. Coaches who are stubborn and refuse to adapt are the ones that will never be succesful. I do however wish Coach M had a presence in the feeder schools to help motiviate our up and coming players.

Well said and I agree. I think this all stems from the fact he is adjusting this year and people are making the assumptions as to why. No coach knows everything and is conintually growing throughout the years. Coaches who are stubborn and refuse to adapt are the ones that will never be succesful. I do however wish Coach M had a presence in the feeder schools to help motiviate our up and coming players.

JV Coach Downs coaches the middle school kids that are coming to Boone during the summer and has coached most of the current Varsity players since they've been in either elementary and middle school. That's what Coach McQueary has in place for upcoming players. I've usually see him at 2-3 middle school games each year. He actually communicates with most of the middle school coaches weekly.

JV Coach Downs coaches the middle school kids that are coming to Boone during the summer and has coached most of the current Varsity players since they've been in either elementary and middle school. That's what Coach McQueary has in place for upcoming players. I've usually see him at 2-3 middle school games each year. He actually communicates with most of the middle school coaches weekly.

Backdoor- I think you may have some false information. I do not recall seeing eithier coach at any RA Jones games over the past 3 -4 years. Additionally, the kids at this school are not coached in the summer by Coach Downs the coaches at RA put them in a summer league. I cannot speak for whether or not they are involved in the Ockerman program but as far as the other feeder school RA Jones i have seen no evidence to support this, thus my comment "I do however wish Coach M had a presence in the feeder schools to help motiviate our up and coming players"