Boone County 57 Newport Catholic Central 55

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was the Brown v Geisler match up?

Good match up down low, Brown with 17 pts, Geisler with 16, not sure on the rebounds, Geisler may have won that battle. Neither one in foul trouble. McQueary was on tonight, 4 3's in the first half and finished with 16. Boone had a 13 point lead at one point and let it slip to a tie and pulled out the win at the end of the game. Lots and lots of turn overs in this game.

Box scores:

1/12/2011

Boone Co. 57 Newport Central Catholic 55
Boone Co. 17 11 18 11 57
Newport Central Catholic 12 8 17 18 55
Boone Co. (10-5) -- Stanley 7, Downs 6, McQueary 17, Crabtree 10, Brown 17. Newport Central Catholic (8-4) -- Bueter 9, Highchew 11, Ryan 10, Giesler 16, Doyle 9.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=156195382487359&RecordID=8209&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1AsufA1ov

Great game best I have witnessed Boone play this year.

Boone played really well until the last 3 minutes of the game, but probably their best played game of the year was against the #1 team in the state, Eastern. Boone lost by 7, but had to foul at the end. If you can hang with that team and had a very good chance to win it, you can hang with anyone.

Last night proved to the players themselves that they are still a good team without Montgomery and can beat top teams. They are beginning to get readjusted without Montgomery. Great confidence booster.

I've watched New Cath play about 3-4 times this year and it's absolutely amazing that the 9th region refs will not call fouls on him like they do on other big guys in the 9th. I don't know why but I guess good for Jake. He's a very good player and Trevan Brown played just as well last night.

I've watched New Cath play about 3-4 times this year and it's absolutely amazing that the 9th region refs will not call fouls on him like they do on other big guys in the 9th. I don't know why but I guess good for Jake. He's a very good player and Trevan Brown played just as well last night.

I think it's because he brings them cookies before the game.

Boone played really well until the last 3 minutes of the game, but probably their best played game of the year was against the #1 team in the state, Eastern. Boone lost by 7, but had to foul at the end. If you can hang with that team and had a very good chance to win it, you can hang with anyone.

Last night proved to the players themselves that they are still a good team without Montgomery and can beat top teams. They are beginning to get readjusted without Montgomery. Great confidence booster.

I agree. Geisler gets away with a lot down low, considering how physical he is with the ball and on defense. It amazes me that he is never in foul trouble.

I think it's because he brings them cookies before the game.

I agree. Geisler gets away with a lot down low, considering how physical he is with the ball and on defense. It amazes me that he is never in foul trouble.

That right there is hilarious Clyde... :laugh:

To Walter and Backdoor: It might just be because Giesler is an extremely smart ball player with great body control for a big man. He's not just bouncing around out there like a big clod, he's extremely focused with every move he makes the entire game. Fantastic B-Ball IQ with great execution. Just 'cause he's big... don't let that deceive you to assume that's he automatically going to be a big guy in foul trouble.

No one plays more physically than Trevan Brown. How many fouls did he end up with?

Brown and Geisler both ended with 1 foul each I believe. Brown, Geisler, Stauffer and Pike play pretty equal in the department of being physical. Each player has his own style of using his ability to be physical, and some get away with more than others, and some take a beating on the block more than others. Being at the game, I agree that more fouls could have been called, but they weren't for whatever reason. It amazes me what a three man crew can miss. There's nothing you can do about that, but keep playing.