Stanford 40 Virginia Tech 12

swamprat

I'm obviously not qualified to have a real good opinion, but I agree with that. I don't remember Manning that much but I do think Luck is much farther ahead of other highly touted QBs the last 10 years. I think he would have been the first QB off the board in any draft the last 10 years. There really isn't much more you could ask for in a young QB IMO.

Stanford?...they did.

Give him about 5 years in the NFL, and then you will not be liking him. He looks very similar to this former #1 pick in college, with how they play and throw the ball. Especially both having been in pro style offenses. :D

Also Lucks Orange Bowl win looks very similar too this guys too.:D:p

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i'm obviously not qualified to make that judgement either. I do agree with your statement of the last 10 years. I watched Manning closely and the thing that stuck out to me was his failures in crunch time. It goes back to college and I still think he struggles with that.

:thumb:

Give him about 5 years in the NFL, and then you will not be liking him. He looks very similar to this former #1 pick in college, with how they play and throw the ball. Especially both having been in pro style offenses. :D

Also Lucks Orange Bowl win looks very similar too this guys too.:D:p

They look nothing alike to me on the field. Honestly Luck reminds me of Matt Ryan, but with better tools and size.

:thumb:

They look nothing alike to me on the field. Honestly Luck reminds me of Matt Ryan, but with better tools and size.

That actually look very alike to me back then in college when watching the old tapes on Carson. Carson was much more mobile then, than now. Obviously still not as much as Luck, but their throwing motion, their size and just the ball they throw were very similar in college. The big difference is that it took Carson to his senior year to look like that, Luck is doing this in what his sophomore year? So I admit much more ahead, but there game in college was very close when looking at Carson's senior and what made him the #1 pick, to what Luck looks like.

And FC there isn't a team that Luck could go to where I wouldn't like him. I've been on his bandwagon since early last year and fully expect him to become one of the best QBs in the league.

Would you still like him and think he is good say after 8 seasons if he has a few pro bowl seasons, 4 25 plus touchdown seasons, one of them being over 30 plus touchdowns, three seasons over 4000 yards passing, the rest over 3000 yards, a career QB rating of 86.3 and a completion percentage of 62.9. And doing all of this while going to a very bad football team to start with, and still getting them two division crowns in that time even though no playoff wins? Would you still then like him? Or would you think that is pretty bad, and is a below average QB then?

Would you still like him and think he is good say after 8 seasons if he has a few pro bowl seasons, 4 25 plus touchdown seasons, one of them being over 30 plus touchdowns, three seasons over 4000 yards passing, the rest over 3000 yards, a career QB rating of 86.3 and a completion percentage of 62.9. And doing all of this while going to a very bad football team to start with, and still getting them two division crowns in that time even though no playoff wins? Would you still then like him? Or would you think that is pretty bad, and is a below average QB then?

Luck is a winner, Carson is not and never has been. Carson certainly was not at USC. Stop with the comparisons.

Luck is a winner, Carson is not and never has been. Carson certainly was not at USC. Stop with the comparisons.

What has Luck won exactly? That is very interesting to hear you say that since Luck has done nothing to back up your statment. Both led their teams to Orange Bowl victories in convincing fashing, with them both having big games? I didn't realize Luck winning the Orange Bowl, was bigger than the Orange Bowl that Palmer won? Palmer won a Heisman, I don't believe Luck did...I mean I was just giving you a hard time about Luck, I think he is going to be great in the NFL. However your better than that to say Luck is a winner and Palmer is not. When Luck at the College level has only won the Orange Bowl, which is the same thing Palmer did. Which both teams are probably going to end the year #2 too. I mean you can say Luck will be a better pro, and he very well may be he has all the tools. Only time will tell on that, however the whole winner thing is off base since Luck hasn't really won anything either.

What has Luck won exactly? That is very interesting to hear you say that since Luck has done nothing to back up your statment. Both led their teams to Orange Bowl victories in convincing fashing, with them both having big games? I didn't realize Luck winning the Orange Bowl, was bigger than the Orange Bowl that Palmer won? Palmer won a Heisman, I don't believe Luck did...I mean I was just giving you a hard time about Luck, I think he is going to be great in the NFL. However your better than that to say Luck is a winner and Palmer is not. When Luck at the College level has only won the Orange Bowl, which is the same thing Palmer did. Which both teams are probably going to end the year #2 too. I mean you can say Luck will be a better pro, and he very well may be he has all the tools. Only time will tell on that, however the whole winner thing is off base since Luck hasn't really won anything either.

USC was awful during Palmer's tenure with the exception of his Senior year, in which they were still no where close to this Stanford team. Luck helped change the culture at a program who had won 3 games the year before he got there. Big difference in taking USC to an Orange BOwl and taking Stanford to one and let's not argue about that because that would just be stupid. Before Palmer's senior year he was considered a serious underachiever and a choke artist (sound familiar?), and in his first 3 years as a starter I think he was even in terms of wins and losses, some winner in deed.. Palmer's best season at USC was 10 wins? At USC. Once again, at USC. And Palmer only won the Heisman because Dorsey and MacGahee split the vote......

And besides you're comparing a Sophomore to Senior. That's a joke, go back and look at a sophomore Carson Palmer, and you'll see...... no, wait you still won't see because of your blind loyalty to Palmer, but the common person would see that they have nothing in common with the exception that Luck will go one in the draft and play for a horrible organization.

USC was awful during Palmer's tenure with the exception of his Senior year, in which they were still no where close to this Stanford team. Luck helped change the culture at a program who had won 3 games the year before he got there. Big difference in taking USC to an Orange BOwl and taking Stanford to one and let's not argue about that because that would just be stupid. Before Palmer's senior year he was considered a serious underachiever and a choke artist (sound familiar?), and in his first 3 years as a starter I think he was even in terms of wins and losses, some winner in deed.. Palmer's best season at USC was 10 wins? At USC. Once again, at USC. And Palmer only won the Heisman because Dorsey and MacGahee split the vote......

And besides you're comparing a Sophomore to Senior. That's a joke, go back and look at a sophomore Carson Palmer, and you'll see...... no, wait you still won't see because of your blind loyalty to Palmer, but the common person would see that they have nothing in common with the exception that Luck will go one in the draft and play for a horrible organization.

It started off as a joke, however since you want to make a big deal out of it then ok we can do that. Lets take a look at the big picture, which is something you always seem to ignore. Yes Palmer did nothing early on at USC. It was not until he got a pretty darn good coach in Pete Carroll his junior year that turned not only his career around, but also brought USC back. So don't forget that fact on how USC had been down actually for awhile, and definitely were not a National Power anymore when Palmer first went there. By the time he left they were finishing the year as the #2 team in the country. Do you honestly believe Luck would be as good as he is today, if he didn't have such a good coach in Harbaugh? If you say yes, then that tells me all I need to know about what you think on things. You always seem to fail to realize that coaching plays a big part in how well a player will do especially a QB.

Now if you really want to continue talking about people changing the culture of teams. Not only did USC become a National Power again by Palmers senior year, Palmer also helped at least make the Bengals a competitive team. You want to talk about Luck going to a 3 win team, how about Palmer going to a 2 win team that had not been to the playoffs in 12 years the time he got there and probably the worst ran franchise in football and maybe all of sports. So talk about going to a spot that is a losing culture, you can't get any worst than the Bengals especially when he got there. Now under him they have won two division titles, in arguably one of the toughest divisions in football and every year have two teams who are always in the top 5 in defense. Then besides the two playoff appearances, only two years when Palmer was playing were they not in contention for the playoffs in the last week of the year. Which I am sure this all goes past you, because you always like saying how I can't see things. When clearly you all blind to anything, because of your hate for him. However I am sure as always you will continue to ignore these things.

This really all is pointless because I was just trying to joke with you. They do look a lot of like though with how they played in college. Which if you actually noticed I did say the only difference was it took Palmer until his Senior year to do that, and Luck is doing that as a Sophomore. I had already said that in the previous post, which as always with you Im sure you ignored and for some reason felt like telling me that even though I already said that. Trust me I know Luck is great, however apparently you wanted to have this nice long discussion on this so here we go.

It started off as a joke, however since you want to make a big deal out of it then ok we can do that. Lets take a look at the big picture, which is something you always seem to ignore. Yes Palmer did nothing early on at USC. It was not until he got a pretty darn good coach in Pete Carroll his junior year that turned not only his career around, but also brought USC back. So don't forget that fact on how USC had been down actually for awhile, and definitely were not a National Power anymore when Palmer first went there. By the time he left they were finishing the year as the #2 team in the country. Do you honestly believe Luck would be as good as he is today, if he didn't have such a good coach in Harbaugh? If you say yes, then that tells me all I need to know about what you think on things. You always seem to fail to realize that coaching plays a big part in how well a player will do especially a QB.

Now if you really want to continue talking about people changing the culture of teams. Not only did USC become a National Power again by Palmers senior year, Palmer also helped at least make the Bengals a competitive team. You want to talk about Luck going to a 3 win team, how about Palmer going to a 2 win team that had not been to the playoffs in 12 years the time he got there and probably the worst ran franchise in football and maybe all of sports. So talk about going to a spot that is a losing culture, you can't get any worst than the Bengals especially when he got there. Now under him they have won two division titles, in arguably one of the toughest divisions in football and every year have two teams who are always in the top 5 in defense. Then besides the two playoff appearances, only two years when Palmer was playing were they not in contention for the playoffs in the last week of the year. Which I am sure this all goes past you, because you always like saying how I can't see things. When clearly you all blind to anything, because of your hate for him. However I am sure as always you will continue to ignore these things.

This really all is pointless because I was just trying to joke with you. They do look a lot of like though with how they played in college. Which if you actually noticed I did say the only difference was it took Palmer until his Senior year to do that, and Luck is doing that as a Sophomore. I had already said that in the previous post, which as always with you Im sure you ignored and for some reason felt like telling me that even though I already said that. Trust me I know Luck is great, however apparently you wanted to have this nice long discussion on this so here we go.

Correction Luck was extremely good last year. And even though USC was down I know you're not going to compare the situation Palmer came into to the one Luck came into. As for taking the Bengals to the playoffs, he's done that twice and without looking up the stats he probably has a losing or close to even record in the NFL. All things considered he has lost more than he has won in college and the NFL, hard for me to call him a winner even if he plays for the Bengals.

Correction Luck was extremely good last year. And even though USC was down I know you're not going to compare the situation Palmer came into to the one Luck came into. As for taking the Bengals to the playoffs, he's done that twice and without looking up the stats he probably has a losing or close to even record in the NFL. All things considered he has lost more than he has won in college and the NFL, hard for me to call him a winner even if he plays for the Bengals.

I am pretty sure Luck had a guy that finished what second in the Heisman trophy race his first year? Yeah man he came into a horrible team, and a bad coach. Go back and luck at USC they were a program that had turned into basically what Notre Dame had become, and program who was finishing basically .500. Did you know the coach before Carroll had a 37 and 35 record. Some great coach he had, while Luck has a guy who everyone wants right now to coach. What happened when Palmer got a good coach for his last two seasons, when he started playing in a pro style offense? Thats right great numbers, Heisman, #2 ranked team, and #1 draft pick. Also Palmers career record in the NFL is above .500 by the way. He is doing this while coming to the worst situation any person could have came too, so your whole thing about Luck going to a bad situation doesn't compare to what Palmer came to in Cincinnati, and Palmer came to a USC in college that at the time was not a top program anymore. So all things considered even while put in tough spots with program who was not winning, he still managed to have a winning record at both places. Got USC back to a National Power, and at least brought the Bengals into contention for the playoffs every season until the last game except for two of his seasons. So you can't talk about how one guy went into a bad situation and act like the other did not. So Palmer once again led USC back to being a National Power, and also brought division titles to the worst ran franchise in sports. Yet apparently that is pretty bad according to you. However I forgot when you don't like someone, you tend to ignore simple facts like that.

Which by the way I agree Luck is great, and will do great. So I don't know why we are talking about this.

I am pretty sure Luck had a guy that finished what second in the Heisman trophy race his first year? Yeah man he came into a horrible team, and a bad coach. Go back and luck at USC they were a program that had turned into basically what Notre Dame had become, and program who was finishing basically .500. Did you know the coach before Carroll had a 37 and 35 record. Some great coach he had, while Luck has a guy who everyone wants right now to coach. What happened when Palmer got a good coach for his last two seasons, when he started playing in a pro style offense? Thats right great numbers, Heisman, #2 ranked team, and #1 draft pick. Also Palmers career record in the NFL is above .500 by the way. He is doing this while coming to the worst situation any person could have came too, so your whole thing about Luck going to a bad situation doesn't compare to what Palmer came to in Cincinnati, and Palmer came to a USC in college that at the time was not a top program anymore. So all things considered even while put in tough spots with program who was not winning, he still managed to have a winning record at both places. Got USC back to a National Power, and at least brought the Bengals into contention for the playoffs every season until the last game except for two of his seasons. So you can't talk about how one guy went into a bad situation and act like the other did not. So Palmer once again led USC back to being a National Power, and also brought division titles to the worst ran franchise in sports. Yet apparently that is pretty bad according to you. However I forgot when you don't like someone, you tend to ignore simple facts like that.

Which by the way I agree Luck is great, and will do great. So I don't know why we are talking about this.

37-35 record would have been great at Stanford. Remember how bad they were before Harbaugh and even with Harbaugh for his first few years. How many pros played with Palmer? How many pros play with Luck?

These stats just scream Andrew Luck to me :lol:. And for the record USC did not finish at #2 in Palmer's senior year they were 5.

1999: 39/53 (73.6%) for 490 yards, 3 Passing TDs and 1 Rushing TD; with 3 Interceptions

2000: 228/415 (54.9%) for 2914 yards, 16 Passing TDs and 2 Rushing TDs; with 18 Interceptions

2001: 221/377 (58.6%) for 2717 yards, 13 Passing TDs and 1 Rushing TD; with 12 Interceptions

2002: 309/489 (63.2%) for 3942 yards, 33 Passing TDs and 4 Rushing TDs; with 10 Interceptions

37-35 record would have been great at Stanford. Remember how bad they were before Harbaugh and even with Harbaugh for his first few years. How many pros played with Palmer? How many pros play with Luck?

This is Jim Harbaugh's fourth year correct? This is also Lucks second year starting right? So Luck didn't take over a team with 3 wins. Luck took over after Harbaugh had two years to build the program up from that horrible team of 3 wins. Not to mention the year before Luck even started to start, Stanford had finished second in the PAC 10 in rushing offense. Stanford was already working their way up some. So when he was starting, he got to go to an offense that had a good running game. Which we all know could be a QB's best friend. While Palmer at USC was not playing for a QB building a program up, he was playing for a coach who was a .500 coach and on his way to getting fired. What happened once Palmer got a good coach? Lets not keep ignoring that fact.