Stanford 40 Virginia Tech 12

swamprat

These stats just scream Andrew Luck to me :lol:. And for the record USC did not finish at #2 in Palmer's senior year they were 5.

1999: 39/53 (73.6%) for 490 yards, 3 Passing TDs and 1 Rushing TD; with 3 Interceptions

2000: 228/415 (54.9%) for 2914 yards, 16 Passing TDs and 2 Rushing TDs; with 18 Interceptions

2001: 221/377 (58.6%) for 2717 yards, 13 Passing TDs and 1 Rushing TD; with 12 Interceptions

2002: 309/489 (63.2%) for 3942 yards, 33 Passing TDs and 4 Rushing TDs; with 10 Interceptions

Once again ignoring things people have said, you are really good at that. Please tell me where I have said that Palmer's college career was as good as Luck? Good luck finding that...I remember even saying a few times now, that the main difference is it took Palmer until his senior year to do that, and Luck is able to do that as a Sophomore which shows how good Luck is. So you act like your presenting things that I dont already know, see I know these facts. However your the one who likes to ignore other facts. Once again there is really no reason to be having this argument. All I said was that Palmer (his senior year), and Luck now look very similar with how they play. Both in pro style offenses, both throw over the top, both were very good throwing on the run. Yes Palmer was much more mobile back then, than he is now obviously. When looking at tapes from Palmer his senior year, to Luck this year they do look very similar. That is just what I was trying to joke with you about, however someones obsession with hating Palmer did not let you see that. If it was not for that, then you obviously would be able to tell if I am saying Luck looks like Palmer in his senior year, that I am saying that Luck looks like he will be better since he is doing this as a sophmore.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Jim Harbaugh's fourth year correct? This is also Lucks second year starting right? So Luck didn't take over a team with 3 wins. Luck took over after Harbaugh had two years to build the program up from that horrible team of 3 wins. Not to mention the year before Luck even started to start, Stanford had finished second in the PAC 10 in rushing offense. Stanford was already working their way up some. So when he was starting, he got to go to an offense that had a good running game. Which we all know could be a QB's best friend. While Palmer at USC was not playing for a QB building a program up, he was playing for a coach who was a .500 coach and on his way to getting fired. What happened once Palmer got a good coach? Lets not keep ignoring that fact.

Stanford won 4 games the year Luck committed (1 year after only winning 1 game) and 5 his redshirt year. That's 10 games in 3 years.

Stanford won 4 games the year Luck committed (1 year after only winning 1 game) and 5 his redshirt year. That's 10 games in 3 years.

Yes once again telling me facts I already know. So they went from a one win team before Harbaugh to a 4 win team the next year, and then to a 5 win team who had a very good rushing team. So when he was starting to play he was playing for a team that was definitely improving, and already had a really good running game to help him out. Yeah man that is just a horrible situation to start in. A program which was already improving before he played, and had a good running game. Thats a tough spot for a QB, especially having a running game that nearly produced a Heisman winner in his first year.

Yes once again telling me facts I already know. So they went from a one win team before Harbaugh to a 4 win team the next year, and then to a 5 win team who had a very good rushing team. So when he was starting to play he was playing for a team that was definitely improving, and already had a really good running game to help him out. Yeah man that is just a horrible situation to start in. A program which was already improving before he played, and had a good running game. Thats a tough spot for a QB, especially having a running game that nearly produced a Heisman winner in his first year.

Except fo the fact that this is Stanford we're talking about. Carson played with Troy Polomalu but having Toby Gerhart is infinitely better, you're right.