KY All Stars 28 Jefferson County All Stars 12 (Best of the Bluegrass)

Sweeperboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmerman played great 2 touchdowns.. Chad Lawrence played good as well.. J.Opp ran the ball most out of anybody ran hard but left the game on a stretcher heard he was at hospital in Louisville for tonight keep home in your prayers..Ryan and Austin both represented Highlands great!!

Timmerman played great 2 touchdowns.. Chad Lawrence played good as well.. J.Opp ran the ball most out of anybody ran hard but left the game on a stretcher heard he was at hospital in Louisville for tonight keep home in your prayers..Ryan and Austin both represented Highlands great!!

Actually Troy didnt get the last one in. He played great though, congrats to him on D Player of Game. Chad is a stud. J. Opp, I hope he is ok, he played a very hardnose game and was hurt late in the game, ankle I believe.

NKY was well represented this afternoon in Lou.

Actually a pretty nice crowd on hand regardless of the weather. White out at times.

Actually Troy didnt get the last one in. He played great though, congrats to him on D Player of Game. Chad is a stud. J. Opp, I hope he is ok, he played a very hardnose game and was hurt late in the game, ankle I believe.

NKY was well represented this afternoon in Lou.

Actually a pretty nice crowd on hand regardless of the weather. White out at times.

I just heard it was his hip. Keep him in your prayers tonight.

I copied this from my post in the other thread.

Good job By John Dudley Hilton to show what mountain football is all about. If am not mistaken that last 2 MVP's have been from Bell Co. ?

Tyler Harbin in the 09 game and Hilton in 10.

Both of Timmerman's interceptions were the result of the ball being batted in the air by on-rushing linemen who did an excellent job of getting their hands up. One of the balls bounced off a player's helmet after being batted and Timmerman alertly snagged it before it hit the ground.

I thought the most impressive little known player for the Kentucky All-Stars was Darrell Cross (#84) of Rowan County, who was listed as a WR, but spent a lot of time running the ball. In the program he is listed as only 175 pounds, but he had some superb runs where he demonstrated speed, quick feet, and a lot of toughness in running through and over defensive players who were strewn on the ground behind him.

Considering the cold, snowy weather, I was generally pleased with the attendance. As a member of the St. X. community, we were proud to serve as host for this game and hope that the players, coaches and fans had a good time at our beautiful new facility. :thumb:

I thought the most impressive little known player for the Kentucky All-Stars was Darrell Cross (#84) of Rowan County, who was listed as a WR, but spent a lot of time running the ball. In the program he is listed as only 175 pounds, but he had some superb runs where he demonstrated speed, quick feet, and a lot of toughness in running through and over defensive players who were strewn on the ground behind him.

Cross didn't surprise me. Mason County spent the last two seasons chasing him. Fortunately, MC caught him enough to win but I consider Cross the best running back Mason played against the last 2-4 seasons. I happened to sit behind his father, great guy.

It was an awesome experience. Although my side lost, it was a great game, the 600 that did show got to watch a bunch of really good football players , many of whom will be playing at a very high level next year. I think our state should be very proud of the young men we turned out this year.