KY All Stars 28 Jefferson County All Stars 12 (Best of the Bluegrass)

Sweeperboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of offense did the KY stars use? Did they have Lawrence playing out of the shotgun or under center?

KY team ran from under center for probably the 1st qtr and then went into the shotgun. Ryan Hahn from Highlands was on the money with his snaps in such horrible weather and Lawrence looked very comfortable and was obviously very dangerous from that formation as well.

Keeping a very elusive and athletic Lawrence under center during a game would be like asking for Spaghetti and Meatballs at a Mexican restaurant. :thumb:

BTW - When KY changed to this formation, Game Over. Great job by Coach Black and staff.

I don't think domination from start to finish is a gook discription of the game. The turnovers hurt the GL team a little more because one was returned for a touchdown, and the others put them in pretty poor field position. The big difference to me was the mere size difference on the O and D lines. The Kentucky team took better care of the ball and ran the ball more effetivley once they got the lead, but the score was 8 to 6 at half time.

I don't think domination from start to finish is a gook discription of the game. The turnovers hurt the GL team a little more because one was returned for a touchdown, and the others put them in pretty poor field position. The big difference to me was the mere size difference on the O and D lines. The Kentucky team took better care of the ball and ran the ball more effetivley once they got the lead, but the score was 8 to 6 at half time.

We will agree to disagree since KY fumbled on GL 31 driving to score I think on 2nd possesion. . The 1st half td for GL came on a razzle dazzle flea flicker on the first play of game and KY got fried. Really no threat at all the rest of the half.

Lawrence gets stripped on the 1 after taking off on a 50 plus yd romp only to fumble it into the endzone for a touchback.

I think GL had one called back for holding and so did KY.

KY takes a knee on GL 3 yd line with less than a minute to play or if they stick that one in its 34 or 36 to 12 instead of 28 to 12

Either way, you are correct, KY was certainly bigger and more physical than the GL team.

A point I made in the earlier thread, or somewhere.There was a significant and easily noticeable difference in the size of the lines.

BB, it was nice meeting and talking with you on Thurs. Good luck to your son and hope to see that big ole boy playing on Sats next yr.