5A: Highlands/Johnson Central predictions

Who Wins This Game?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's funny about this statement. Dixie went up early in the game and a couple other times before halftime. So there must have a lot of visibly upset JC people. Didn't you guys start after the HHS/Dixie game? So it was early in your game probably with CCH very much in the game and maybe in the lead. So my question to you my friend, is "Whats that say about how JC felt about your beloved Colonels"? Apparently they knew they had it won all the way.

Strange but true about some of the HHS fans, as they try to deflect statements of fact that I brought back from games and take it as my opinion.

Statements such as the two I mention were more of reports from the games than my own comments. Both statements that I made about JC being upset at HHS from last years game, and the statements made by the JC fans about the Dixie vs HHS game were in fact truthful comments that I posted and not my opinion.

I understand you might not like what I post and I could care less if you do but the statements happened and I thought both might be of interest to those from Ft. Thomas.

Sorry for trying to bring the feel of many from Paintsville towards HHS back home.

As far as the HHS Internet Radio Team (who are indeed good guys) good luck Friday night! If what I heard they have in store for you is true, you guys will need it! :walk:

All tongue and cheek but I dont think you realize that you just described exactly many of a NKY perception of JC.

And for the record these two words did not exist in JC two yrs ago in JC when the City Folk came to town. LOL. Go Birds 20n10

Black Eagle: SB comments are indeed truthful for those who have not had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with the many gracious people from Johnson County.

Yes it is indeed true that we think you all talk funny, but then again you all think we talk funny too, but once you get past the my team, your team stuff, we are really not that much different than each other.

We all worry about our kids, our jobs, what's going to happen to our Commonwealth and Country and how it is going to affect not only us at the present but our children and their children.

Thanks again for being such gracious host!

BTW outoftouch the above was my opinion!

Black Eagle: SB comments are indeed truthful for those who have not had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with the many gracious people from Johnson County.

Yes it is indeed true that we think you all talk funny, but then again you all think we talk funny too, but once you get past the my team, your team stuff, we are really not that much different than each other.

We all worry about our kids, our jobs, what's going to happen to our Commonwealth and Country and how it is going to affect not only us at the present but our children and their children.

Well said TOG. But the problem is the common folk is not as connected as someone of your statue, therefore leaving all of us on the outside lookin in when it comes to meeting and greeting the decision makers. LOL, Go Birds 20n10

It very well may be played again. :)

Y'all come back now, ya hear? We'll try to keep the shoes on the young'uns with y'all comin' to visit, but you'ns gotta watch out for them kids playin' in the creek in back of them visitor bleachers, they like to spit in your soda pop when you ain't lookin'.

In all seriousness, I think the JC fans echo the sentiment of noted scholar Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, who once opined, "To be The Man, you've got to BEAT The Man." Which is why we welcome the opportunity to play HHS in our beloved Nest. We look forward to trying to match the state championship-level effort and skill we know HHS will bring. Obviously I can't speak for every single local who may show up for this game (every school's got a couple of fans they don't want the world to meet), but the great majority of Eagle Nation will treat our visitors with courtesy and respect. Been waiting for this game ever since about this time last year. The coaches, staff, and fans know what we're up against, and we're going to be as ready as we can be!

In all seriousness,You would be surprised how many of these Northern Kentucky posters originated from down in your neck of the woods. My Great Grand Pappy packed up his cherokee women and his arsenel of guns and headed North to the promised land.And here we be again ,coming home to visit our people that we only meet by chance and celebrating our beloved High School Football teams current and future sucess.Thanks Grand Pappy for all the memorable times.Should be a great night ! And F.Y.I.,Y'All is in my everyday vocabulary .:ylsuper:

And point is? And this stuff is laughable. Sorry but it really is. IMO!

In all seriousness,You would be surprised how many of these Northern Kentucky posters originated from down in your neck of the woods. My Great Grand Pappy packed up his Cherokee women and his arsenal of guns and headed North to the promised land.And here we be again ,coming home to visit our people that we only meet by chance and celebrating our beloved High School Football teams current and future success.Thanks Grand Pappy for all the memorable times.Should be a great night ! And F.Y.I.,Y'All is in my everyday vocabulary .:ylsuper:

Hmmmm. Interesting. Very interesting.

In all seriousness,You would be surprised how many of these Northern Kentucky posters originated from down in your neck of the woods. My Great Grand Pappy packed up his cherokee women and his arsenel of guns and headed North to the promised land.And here we be again ,coming home to visit our people that we only meet by chance and celebrating our beloved High School Football teams current and future sucess.Thanks Grand Pappy for all the memorable times.Should be a great night ! And F.Y.I.,Y'All is in my everyday vocabulary .:ylsuper:

You got summer teeth too? LOL

I think this will be a closer game than years past but only because Highlands isn't completely healthy. Who knows though? Maybe a few players will be healthy enough to suit up.

AS in the past though...JC is too one dimensional to beat the Birds and that will be the difference. Highlands coaching is far superior to JC's and they will make the proper adjustments if JC is able to jump out to an early lead.

I'm going to go with the following:

Highlands: 38

Johnson Central 28

FWIW, if either coach had the chance to run the score up, I don't think they would stop. Dale knows what lack of class Matney has shown this year.