Who Wins This Game?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really for Real?

I feel honored to have a person who has been a member of the BGP's community since 2007 spending their valuable time to post only their 51st post and it's about me. :thumb:

You know, if there were more folks like you, there wouldn't be a BGP's, since there would never be anything to read!

Thanks for your input......

Edited by Theoldguy

I feel honored to have a person who has been a member of the BGP's community since 2007 spending their valuable time to post only their 51st post and it's about me. :thumb:

You know, if there were more folks like you, there wouldn't be a BGP's, since there would never be anything to read!

Thanks for your input......

Are you testing his fanhood?

Towles or no Towles Highlands will score a lot of points against JC. Their defense is by far their glaring weakness. They are bad against the pass, but not much better against the run.

Unless Highlands turns it over 3 or 4 times, they will put up 35 -40 on JC.

As for the offense, when I hear a team called one dimensional, I think of run only or pass only. JC is Jude only! I don't mean to slight the line, FB and Slot back who are the reason for Jude's success, because they are very good. JC's power running game is better than Ryle's, NewCath or La Salle. However when a DC like Weinrich knows what the opponent is going to do 90% of the time I believe he can find a way to keep them from scoring at least 1 out of 4 possessions. If Highlands can do that, they will win the game.

Wrong. JC is not Jude only. This thinking will come back and bite you. Hall, Ousley, and Bratton can all gain quality yards.

It very well may be played again. :)

Y'all come back now, ya hear? We'll try to keep the shoes on the young'uns with y'all comin' to visit, but you'ns gotta watch out for them kids playin' in the creek in back of them visitor bleachers, they like to spit in your soda pop when you ain't lookin'.

In all seriousness, I think the JC fans echo the sentiment of noted scholar Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, who once opined, "To be The Man, you've got to BEAT The Man." Which is why we welcome the opportunity to play HHS in our beloved Nest. We look forward to trying to match the state championship-level effort and skill we know HHS will bring. Obviously I can't speak for every single local who may show up for this game (every school's got a couple of fans they don't want the world to meet), but the great majority of Eagle Nation will treat our visitors with courtesy and respect. Been waiting for this game ever since about this time last year. The coaches, staff, and fans know what we're up against, and we're going to be as ready as we can be!

And so will the Birds.

That was a mix-up, but the move (as I understand it) was for a very good reason.

Very true. :thumb:

Good reason or not you don't move a radio crew five minutes before kickoff. They were on the air for an hour and half before anyone moved them!!! That is where they make their money on advertising!! Heck, half of EKY was listening and missed the first five minutes of the game because of this courteous move. I don't think anyone would have been upset if it happened an hour before. However, I have never seen any fans except for maybe the ones across the creek( or is it crik):D:eek: treated with disrespect(not saying we don't have a few headaches that run their mouth) while at the nest!!!!

Y'all come back now, ya hear? We'll try to keep the shoes on the young'uns with y'all comin' to visit, but you'ns gotta watch out for them kids playin' in the creek in back of them visitor bleachers, they like to spit in your soda pop when you ain't lookin'.

In all seriousness, I think the JC fans echo the sentiment of noted scholar Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, who once opined, "To be The Man, you've got to BEAT The Man." Which is why we welcome the opportunity to play HHS in our beloved Nest. We look forward to trying to match the state championship-level effort and skill we know HHS will bring. Obviously I can't speak for every single local who may show up for this game (every school's got a couple of fans they don't want the world to meet), but the great majority of Eagle Nation will treat our visitors with courtesy and respect. Been waiting for this game ever since about this time last year. The coaches, staff, and fans know what we're up against, and we're going to be as ready as we can be!

My only trip to Johnson Central was in 2006, which was the game Cov. Cath. won in route to the state title. The fans at Johnson Central could not have been nicer before, during and even after the game. In fact, that game at Johnson Central was one of my all time favorite sporting events. I particularly liked the huge grill, the student glee club rendition of "My Old Kentucky Home", the enormous lineman who sang the National Anthem and the fans. For what it's worth, the folks at Highlands have always been very hospitable as well. Next Friday should be a great game and great game experience. With Highlands dinged up, Towles coming out of the game last night, J.J. Jude running like Herschel Walker and the game being played at J.C. logic would suggest going with the Eagles, but...Highlands is Highlands. Have to go with the Birds.

VOA not even close! While Seidl is a very good player, he isn't on the same level as Jude, Jude is indeed on a different level and I honestly am not trying to downplay Seidls play at all but Jude is just that good!

HHS fans trust me on this one, it isn't going to be fun being a Bluebird supporter next week in the Eagle Nest. The JC fans have some hard feeling (and that is putting it mildly) about how they felt the HHS Coaching staff treated them last year at HHS and feel it is payback time. Just a heads up gentlemen, it isn't going be pretty and I am not even talking about the game!

Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

There was a loud moan from Bluebird fans last night everytime the JC/CC score was announced and JC had the lead.....

Y'all come back now, ya hear? We'll try to keep the shoes on the young'uns with y'all comin' to visit, but you'ns gotta watch out for them kids playin' in the creek in back of them visitor bleachers, they like to spit in your soda pop when you ain't lookin'.In all seriousness, I think the JC fans echo the sentiment of noted scholar Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, who once opined, "To be The Man, you've got to BEAT The Man." Which is why we welcome the opportunity to play HHS in our beloved Nest. We look forward to trying to match the state championship-level effort and skill we know HHS will bring. Obviously I can't speak for every single local who may show up for this game (every school's got a couple of fans they don't want the world to meet), but the great majority of Eagle Nation will treat our visitors with courtesy and respect. Been waiting for this game ever since about this time last year. The coaches, staff, and fans know what we're up against, and we're going to be as ready as we can be!

All tongue and cheek but I dont think you realize that you just described exactly many of a NKY perception of JC.

And for the record these two words did not exist in JC two yrs ago in JC when the City Folk came to town. LOL. Go Birds 20n10

VOA not even close! While Seidl is a very good player, he isn't on the same level as Jude, Jude is indeed on a different level and I honestly am not trying to downplay Seidls play at all but Jude is just that good!

HHS fans trust me on this one, it isn't going to be fun being a Bluebird supporter next week in the Eagle Nest. The JC fans have some hard feeling (and that is putting it mildly) about how they felt the HHS Coaching staff treated them last year at HHS and feel it is payback time. Just a heads up gentlemen, it isn't going be pretty and I am not even talking about the game!

Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

You know what's funny about this statement. Dixie went up early in the game and a couple other times before halftime. So there must have a lot of visibly upset JC people. Didn't you guys start after the HHS/Dixie game? So it was early in your game probably with CCH very much in the game and maybe in the lead. So my question to you my friend, is "Whats that say about how JC felt about your beloved Colonels"? Apparently they knew they had it won all the way.