Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A: Highlands/Johnson Central predictions

Who Wins This Game? 209 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm confused... what happened in the game last year that has caused the JC players/fans and/or coaches to have hard feelings? It certainly wasn't a running up the score issue, as the game was only decided by three scores, I believe.

  • Replies 303
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VOA not even close! While Seidl is a very good player, he isn't on the same level as Jude, Jude is indeed on a different level and I honestly am not trying to downplay Seidls play at all but Jude is just that good!

 

HHS fans trust me on this one, it isn't going to be fun being a Bluebird supporter next week in the Eagle Nest. The JC fans have some hard feeling (and that is putting it mildly) about how they felt the HHS Coaching staff treated them last year at HHS and feel it is payback time. Just a heads up gentlemen, it isn't going be pretty and I am not even talking about the game! Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

 

Two years ago the HHS fans were treated awful there. Last season the JC fans I was around in the stands were very, well, uninformed. They weren't gracious host and they traveled with little class. Wouldn't expect anything different this time around. I'm sure someone on here will try and put rose colored goggles on this, but it sound like the Old Guy knows what I'm talking about.

Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

Well, they want 'em, they got 'em! Go 'Birds! Take state!

 

Seriously though, from a practical standpoint JC would have an easier time against Dixie than they will against Highlands. JC may in fact beat HHS Friday, but I feel pretty sure that JC's chances of winning would have been quite a bit better against Dixie than they are against HHS.

Two years ago the HHS fans were treated awful there. Last season the JC fans I was around in the stands were very, well, uninformed. They weren't gracious host and they traveled with little class. Wouldn't expect anything different this time around. I'm sure someone on here will try and put rose colored goggles on this, but it sound like the Old Guy knows what I'm talking about.

 

 

What happened two years ago? I was there and they seemed to be very hospitable.

Maybe we can introduce mr. Jude to Mr. Sullivan next week......talk about different levels......I assure you, he hasn't see a LB like him this year. If he can go that is. Besides, there are a few other guys Mr. Jude will be introduced to before he gets to meet Mr. Seidl on most plays. They are ok ball players also. One dimensional teams traditionally do not do well against the Birds.

Im sorry TOG but if you think that is going to intimidate the Birds you are mistaken. They are focused and prepared to travel to JC and come back with a victory. The buses will be loaded with fans and even though Barney Fiffe might be checking coolers and pockets Im sure the fan base has nothing to worry about.

 

Clyde....I think you really had to be there last night to watch how well McCoy played with that first unit to understand that even though if Towles doesnt play it will be a blow it wont mean that JC wins the game. McCoy is just as good a runner as Towles and probably more elusive. He is a fearless kid who plays like a Sr and is tough as nails.

 

I am not going to comment on any injuries but will say that the Birds will be very very very prepared for the Jude Show.

 

Just a friendly head ups "Q" and I am not at all trying to be smart, funny or even trying to intimidate HHS, just a friendly heads up to a local rival heading to the mountains next week.

Maybe we can introduce mr. Jude to Mr. Sullivan next week......talk about different levels......I assure you, he hasn't see a LB like him this year. If he can go that is. Besides, there are a few other guys Mr. Jude will be introduced to before he gets to meet Mr. Seidl on most plays. They are ok ball players also. One dimensional teams traditionally do not do well against the Birds.

 

I would like to remind you that JC played Boyle this year. I was at the game and I can say that if there is a better LBer in the state then the one from Boyle then I've not heard about him. That kid was great. There were a few head to head encounters with him and JJ and lets just say that both players left the game with much respect for the other player.

Just a friendly head ups "Q" and I am not at all trying to be smart, funny or even trying to intimidate HHS, just a friendly heads up to a local rival heading to the mountains next week.

 

Oh I got ya buddy. I know what is expected when the bus pulls in. I expect to hear the dueling banjos from "Deliverance" playing on the loudspeaker and for the county mounties to be out in full force with their billy clubs. LOL

 

I can see what TOG means--just a heads up--would have made me more prepared for that encounter. Being a newbie wasn't ready for that environment. N KY schools way more classy. I realize you Bird fans have been there already so that being said.....GO BIRDS!!!!!!! BEAT the Eagles!! My avatar may be taken away for that one. :-)

I would like to remind you that JC played Boyle this year. I was at the game and I can say that if there is a better LBer in the state then the one from Boyle then I've not heard about him. That kid was great. There were a few head to head encounters with him and JJ and lets just say that both players left the game with much respect for the other player.

 

I was about to say the same. It's great to have confidence in your team, Highlands has earned that confidence ever year, but to make the statement that cricket91 did is arrogance combined with no research as to who JC has played.

VOA not even close! While Seidl is a very good player, he isn't on the same level as Jude, Jude is indeed on a different level and I honestly am not trying to downplay Seidls play at all but Jude is just that good!

 

HHS fans trust me on this one, it isn't going to be fun being a Bluebird supporter next week in the Eagle Nest. The JC fans have some hard feeling (and that is putting it mildly) about how they felt the HHS Coaching staff treated them last year at HHS and feel it is payback time. Just a heads up gentlemen, it isn't going be pretty and I am not even talking about the game!

 

Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

 

Get what you are saying and I agree. Although I don't know what you are talking about how the HHS coaching staff treated them, but I'm sure Mateney is painting the scene as "the Big ole city boys think they are going to come to JC and show us mountain boys what football is all about. Now let's get out there and show those NKY boys some smashmouth football"

 

Get it and I know this will not be an easy game. Highlands will have to be on their A game because JC has a HUGE homefield advantage.

Get what you are saying and I agree. Although I don't know what you are talking about how the HHS coaching staff treated them, but I'm sure Mateney is painting the scene as "the Big ole city boys think they are going to come to JC and show us mountain boys what football is all about. Now let's get out there and show those NKY boys some smashmouth football"

 

Get it and I know this will not be an easy game. Highlands will have to be on their A game because JC has a HUGE homefield advantage.

 

I believe ThdOldGuy is referring to the way the JC radio team had to move from behind the HHS bench to the library 5 minutes before the game after they had been on the air for quite some time and even completed their pre-game show already. These are the nicest most trust worthy guys I've met in the business. It has nothing to do with the fans and how they were treated. You know what they say about paybacks.

Incorrect Hatz, I did know who they played, and I did not say that the Sullivan kid was the best LB they have played. I simply stated they haven't run into anybody like him.......HHS fans know what I mean. Besides, HHS has earned a certain amount of Bravado over the years, but they know how to temper that with hard work, dedication and confidence. You just believe it's arrogance, when it is actually just confidence in your program, kids, and coaches.

I believe ThdOldGuy is referring to the way the JC radio team had to move from behind the HHS bench to the library 5 minutes before the game after they had been on the air for quite some time and even completed their pre-game show already. These are the nicest most trust worthy guys I've met in the business. It has nothing to do with the fans and how they were treated. You know what they say about paybacks.

 

And under the library is where most radio crews set up. Sound like there wasn't much communication from the radio crew and Highlands.................

I'm a radio guy and don't know much. What I hear from people that know the game they say the way to beat HHS is double tights and run it down their throats. Well guess what, you're going to see that for 4 quarters by the best back I've seen in 5 years.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.