Who Wins This Game?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to pick Highlands but.....

If Towles doesn't play (and I have no clue as to his injury) I think the Birds are in trouble. HHS' D is clearly better than CCH so I don't expect another 400 yard performance out of Jude. However, he's going to get his yards. If HHS can force JC to pass the game is over. JC simply doesn't pass nor try to fake you into thinking they will. Ryle's success with the power running game should concern HHS fans.

On a side note I did see that JC , in anticipation of Highlands coming to town, set up a unique-looking broadcast booth for the Birds broadcasters. Of course, I also saw a bunch of people waiting in line to get into it so I'm not sure how well it will work.

This game figures to be just one of many interesting pairings. Should be a great night of high school footbal next Friday. IF JC truly cannot pass at all, then that could be a major problem against what I assume will be a good scheme by HHS' coaches to stop the run.

Both teams will probably think they have a lot to "prove" in this game... JC and Jude will want to show that their running game can excel against a first-rate opponent, while I'm sure HHS will want to quiet some of the talk about the 'Birds being "mediocre" this year.

Here's a question for the JC fans... to date, what has been the JC football program's biggest win? Not knowing too much about the history of JC football, I'm thinking if JC knocks off the three-time defending state champion 'Birds this Friday, this win will be the biggest ever for JC!

Go 'Birds! Play to win!

Highlands is the favorite and has earned that title with great play this year. However the injury bug may really hurt them. I don't think anyone expects JJ to have 400+ against Highlands but he doesn't have to. They need long sustained drives and try to wear down a defense that's got some key injuries. This is how I think JC can win against Highlands. If JC wins time of posession they win the game. And before you even say it I know it sounds crazy that a two-way playing team can wear down a one way playing team but if JC wants to win that's exactly what I think they need to do.

JC 28 - HHS 21. That's just my opinion

Some of you Birds fans could help clarify the injury situation if possible. Do I understand correctly that they lost one LBer for the year earlier in the year and another is banged up?

Some of you Birds fans could help clarify the injury situation if possible. Do I understand correctly that they lost one LBer for the year earlier in the year and another is banged up?

Good luck with this one! You'd have an easier time determining the exact whereabouts of bin Laden than finding specific injury information about HHS this week!

I will give you a hint... their injury situation is somewhere in between having absolutely no injuries whatsoever (not even a hangnail to be found on the team) and having every single player out due to injury for Friday night's game... hope this clears it up.

Seriously though, congrats to both JC and HHS for solid seasons to-date and I expect nothing less than a hard-fought, well-played game by both teams.

Earlier this year Coach Mueller was interviewed and mentioned that JC was becoming a major rival of Highlands in football... it seems this game will only fuel this brewing rivalry.

Highlands is the favorite and has earned that title with great play this year. However the injury bug may really hurt them. I don't think anyone expects JJ to have 400+ against Highlands but he doesn't have to. They need long sustained drives and try to wear down a defense that's got some key injuries. This is how I think JC can win against Highlands. If JC wins time of posession they win the game. And before you even say it I know it sounds crazy that a two-way playing team can wear down a one way playing team but if JC wants to win that's exactly what I think they need to do.

JC 28 - HHS 21. That's just my opinion

There are a lot more than 2 kids hurt..Like I said in another thread the Birds are a MASH Unit..

Jude will get a lot of carries. :D

On a serious note, Jude vs. Seidl will be a great battle to watch.

VOA not even close! While Seidl is a very good player, he isn't on the same level as Jude, Jude is indeed on a different level and I honestly am not trying to downplay Seidls play at all but Jude is just that good!

HHS fans trust me on this one, it isn't going to be fun being a Bluebird supporter next week in the Eagle Nest. The JC fans have some hard feeling (and that is putting it mildly) about how they felt the HHS Coaching staff treated them last year at HHS and feel it is payback time. Just a heads up gentlemen, it isn't going be pretty and I am not even talking about the game!

Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

VOA not even close! While Seidl is a very good player, he isn't on the same level as Jude, Jude is indeed on a different level and I honestly am not trying to downplay Seidls play at all but Jude is just that good!

HHS fans trust me on this one, it isn't going to be fun being a Bluebird supporter next week in the Eagle Nest. The JC fans have some hard feeling (and that is putting it mildly) about how they felt the HHS Coaching staff treated them last year at HHS and feel it is payback time. Just a heads up gentlemen, it isn't going be pretty and I am not even talking about the game!

Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

Im sorry TOG but if you think that is going to intimidate the Birds you are mistaken. They are focused and prepared to travel to JC and come back with a victory. The buses will be loaded with fans and even though Barney Fiffe might be checking coolers and pockets Im sure the fan base has nothing to worry about.

Clyde....I think you really had to be there last night to watch how well McCoy played with that first unit to understand that even though if Towles doesnt play it will be a blow it wont mean that JC wins the game. McCoy is just as good a runner as Towles and probably more elusive. He is a fearless kid who plays like a Sr and is tough as nails.

I am not going to comment on any injuries but will say that the Birds will be very very very prepared for the Jude Show.