Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A: Highlands/Johnson Central predictions

Who Wins This Game? 209 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I believe ThdOldGuy is referring to the way the JC radio team had to move from behind the HHS bench to the library 5 minutes before the game after they had been on the air for quite some time and even completed their pre-game show already. These are the nicest most trust worthy guys I've met in the business. It has nothing to do with the fans and how they were treated. You know what they say about paybacks.

 

:thumb: Now I remember that. Although, they moved them from a horrible place to a nice indoor, plenty of room place. Sure someone just sent them to the wrong place and they corrected it later. Highlands web cast guys are in the library and it is the place to be.

  • Replies 303
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumb: Now I remember that. Although, they moved them from a horrible place to a nice indoor, plenty of room place. Sure someone just sent them to the wrong place and they corrected it later. Highlands web cast guys are in the library and it is the place to be.
I'm happy in the library, heck I'm happy anywhere. What you don't want is to have do move during the broadcast. Internet radio is a little different as there is not money involved like there is with regular radio. To have them move during their broadcast because coaches did not trust them behind them is unheard of. Not while I've been doing this.
I

Clyde....I think you really had to be there last night to watch how well McCoy played with that first unit to understand that even though if Towles doesnt play it will be a blow it wont mean that JC wins the game. McCoy is just as good a runner as Towles and probably more elusive. He is a fearless kid who plays like a Sr and is tough as nails.

 

.

 

I've watched the kid. Great athlete and I think I mentioned in a previous thread he reminds me of the last running left qb HHS had. However, if he's in instead of Towles HHS becomes very one-dimensional. Towles is the x-factor due to his combo of running and passing.

Oh I got ya buddy. I know what is expected when the bus pulls in. I expect to hear the dueling banjos from "Deliverance" playing on the loudspeaker and for the county mounties to be out in full force with their billy clubs. LOL

 

 

That was played last night.

I'm a radio guy and don't know much. What I hear from people that know the game they say the way to beat HHS is double tights and run it down their throats. Well guess what, you're going to see that for 4 quarters by the best back I've seen in 5 years.

 

Safe to assume you are saying this kid is better than Miles Simpson? Is UK recruiting this kid? Who would you compare him to that we have seen locally?

Highlands will have to score to cap off their drives. JC is going to run so much time off of the clock. Birds passing game will have to be ready to go, if they can get it going it will be tough for JC to defend. Highlands has done very well this year making big plays when the play breaks down, mostly from the QB position, hopefully, this happens a few times in this game and the Birds come home with a W.

Towles or no Towles Highlands will score a lot of points against JC. Their defense is by far their glaring weakness. They are bad against the pass, but not much better against the run.

Unless Highlands turns it over 3 or 4 times, they will put up 35 -40 on JC.

 

As for the offense, when I hear a team called one dimensional, I think of run only or pass only. JC is Jude only! I don't mean to slight the line, FB and Slot back who are the reason for Jude's success, because they are very good. JC's power running game is better than Ryle's, NewCath or La Salle. However when a DC like Weinrich knows what the opponent is going to do 90% of the time I believe he can find a way to keep them from scoring at least 1 out of 4 possessions. If Highlands can do that, they will win the game.

Incorrect Hatz, I did know who they played, and I did not say that the Sullivan kid was the best LB they have played. I simply stated they haven't run into anybody like him.......HHS fans know what I mean. Besides, HHS has earned a certain amount of Bravado over the years, but they know how to temper that with hard work, dedication and confidence. You just believe it's arrogance, when it is actually just confidence in your program, kids, and coaches.

 

 

Ahhh, coded language. :rolleyes:

 

When someone usually says: "You've never seen anyone like him . . ." that almost always infers "better than him."

 

Trust me. Unless the recruiters from Oregon to USC to Florida to UK are wrong, and the summer camps at Ohio State are for fun only - Jude and JC have already seen the best LB they will face this year. :thumb: Now if you want to describe what you mean by "different" maybe we can talk some more about it.

I'm a radio guy and don't know much. What I hear from people that know the game they say the way to beat HHS is double tights and run it down their throats. Well guess what, you're going to see that for 4 quarters by the best back I've seen in 5 years.

 

I agree with this. You have to run right at Highlands. If you run wide, you will get nothing. Their team speed will run down anyone and everyone and Seidl is the man behind it all. He can absolutely fly.

 

How big is Jude? What is his style? Elusive? Tackle breaker? How does he compare to Elliott at Ryle? How big is JC up front?

Highlands will hopefully continue to play with a 4-3 defensive set. That shut down Dixie in the second half last night. If they do this then it shouldn't be close.

Oh I got ya buddy. I know what is expected when the bus pulls in. I expect to hear the dueling banjos from "Deliverance" playing on the loudspeaker and for the county mounties to be out in full force with their billy clubs. LOL

 

That was played last night.

 

It very well may be played again. :)

 

Y'all come back now, ya hear? We'll try to keep the shoes on the young'uns with y'all comin' to visit, but you'ns gotta watch out for them kids playin' in the creek in back of them visitor bleachers, they like to spit in your soda pop when you ain't lookin'.

 

In all seriousness, I think the JC fans echo the sentiment of noted scholar Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, who once opined, "To be The Man, you've got to BEAT The Man." Which is why we welcome the opportunity to play HHS in our beloved Nest. We look forward to trying to match the state championship-level effort and skill we know HHS will bring. Obviously I can't speak for every single local who may show up for this game (every school's got a couple of fans they don't want the world to meet), but the great majority of Eagle Nation will treat our visitors with courtesy and respect. Been waiting for this game ever since about this time last year. The coaches, staff, and fans know what we're up against, and we're going to be as ready as we can be!

WOW! Sounds like the Birds have no chance in this game since the JC Internet Radio Guys are going to "show them" and will JC to victory. This is really, really good stuff here. And thanks TOG for your gracious and sincere concern for The Team from Ft Thomas. We just couldnt get to 20n10 without ya. Who is this game played for anyway? Last time I checked its for the kids and the little kids need to stay out of it, Grow UP. Like TDYBallgame always says "Please make it stop" LOL. Go Birds 20n10

VOA not even close! While Seidl is a very good player, he isn't on the same level as Jude, Jude is indeed on a different level and I honestly am not trying to downplay Seidls play at all but Jude is just that good!

 

HHS fans trust me on this one, it isn't going to be fun being a Bluebird supporter next week in the Eagle Nest. The JC fans have some hard feeling (and that is putting it mildly) about how they felt the HHS Coaching staff treated them last year at HHS and feel it is payback time. Just a heads up gentlemen, it isn't going be pretty and I am not even talking about the game!

Funny but from my spot, it seemed that when Dixie took the lead in the HHS vs. Dixie game, the JC folks were visibly upset that Dixie was leading. They didn't want to play Dixie, they wanted HHS.

 

Are you really for Real?

I believe ThdOldGuy is referring to the way the JC radio team had to move from behind the HHS bench to the library 5 minutes before the game after they had been on the air for quite some time and even completed their pre-game show already.
That was a mix-up, but the move (as I understand it) was for a very good reason.

 

:thumb: Now I remember that. Although, they moved them from a horrible place to a nice indoor, plenty of room place. Sure someone just sent them to the wrong place and they corrected it later. Highlands web cast guys are in the library and it is the place to be.
Very true. :thumb:
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.