Who Wins This Game?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you guys even have a bag...:p
Wow, I almost forgot. JC faithful, we brought our "bag" to Ft. Thomas this year and the Bluebirds had not scouted us very well and they kicked off to Paul Ritter and then no one for Highlands could not catch him. You remember that game, the one where a tipped ball at the end was just a few inches from our receiver's hands that would have tied the score?

I know peple freak out about numbers, but some can be significant. Highlands defense really matches up well with both the teams that beat JC.

Boyle has given up roughly 850 yards rushing this year.

Bell has given up 1104 yards rushing this year not counting their last game.

Highlands has given up 1087 yards rushing this year.

I can only back 12 years, but I couldn't find a game where Highlands lost to a Kentucky team that as a team had less than a 1000 yards passing on the year. Though JC's stats are hard to find, based on the 7 games I found KHSAA stats for indicate they have about 420 yards in passing offense.

I think Covington Catholic had given up over 2500 yards rushing prior to the JC game.

Wow, I almost forgot. JC faithful, we brought our "bag" to Ft. Thomas this year and the Bluebirds had not scouted us very well and they kicked off to Paul Ritter and then no one for Highlands could not catch him. You remember that game, the one where a tipped ball at the end was just a few inches from our receiver's hands that would have tied the score?

You're bragging about your team almost winning a game? You do realize that when this pass fell incomplete they did lose the game, correct? I guess since you don't have a game to get ready to broadcast this week you have to be in this thread. Keep up the good work.

Edited by spindoc

Hey BF, hope you appreciated the scores brought to you by Grandma Baumgardner on Friday night? Greg and I were having some fun with it. Even got a few emails. Hoped you were listening. I'm not busting chops, I'm serious.
I really wanted to, but I was at our game. I was hoping you guys would say something! :lol:

If it's archived, I'll go listen to it now.

you're bragging about your team almost winning a game? You do realize that when this pass fell incomplete they did lose the game, correct? I guess since you don't have a game to get ready to broadcast this week you have to be in this thread. Keep up the good work.
Only one team ends with a win. Sure hope I don't have to remind you of that next week, but I'll keep a note.

It's out there, but it takes a little bit for us to bring it up. We do it a few times. Pretty funny. I'm still laughing at Flotsam's picture.
I've got it on now. They're singing "My Old Kentucky Home" and I still don't know how much time is remaining.

you're bragging about your team almost winning a game? You do realize that when this pass fell incomplete they did lose the game, correct? I guess since you don't have a game to get ready to broadcast this week you have to be in this thread. Keep up the good work.

Funny but I didn't see where you posted anything after the Ryle vs. HHS game a week or two ago! Why not?

There are a lot of non HHS fans out there who can appreciate their team when they give a great/total effort but still lose the game.

In the real world outside of Ft. Thomas, it's the effort that counts. You can't always win but you can give your team your best effort and to many of us, that is what counts the most towards building charterer and making a man out of a boy. To give your best even in losing says more about a player, as it is much easier to give your best on a wining team than on a losing team.

I just wonder how some of your "great HHS players" would have done playing for a school with a losing record. Could they have still pushed themselves to the same level of play? Could they have succeed or would they have just thrown their hands up and said, "It just not worth it"?

Funny but I didn't see where you posted anything after the Ryle vs. HHS game a week or two ago! Why not?

There are a lot of non HHS fans out there who can appreciate their team when they give a great/total effort but still lose the game.

In the real world outside of Ft. Thomas, it's the effort that counts. You can't always win but you can give your team your best effort and to many of us, that is what counts the most towards building charterer and making a man out of a boy. To give your best even in losing says more about a player, as it is much easier to give your best on a wining team than on a losing team.

I just wonder how some of your "great HHS players" would have done playing for a school with a losing record. Could they have still pushed themselves to the same level of play? Could they have succeed or would they have just thrown their hands up and said, "It just not worth it"?

Ok lets give everyone a trophy...

weak.

As far as the "great HHS players", we will never know, they played for a winning program and were winners.

What makes you think I am a Highlands fan?

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

Ok lets give everyone a trophy...

weak.

As far as the "great HHS players", we will never know, they played for a winning program and were winners.

Give everybody a trophy? I thought they already did that and that is why there are six divisions in the KHSAA for HS football!