209 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol:

Should have honked, they come out and sing O hail Highands.:banana:

Goodness. If they honk, I hope they do it before 8 PM. I'd hate to see my Dad come out on the porch in his boxers and start singing! Yikes. That would hurt your eyes and your ears.

I'll disagree with you on that one. It's no secret that Highlands doesn't have anything close to the rushing game of years past.

It is a different type of running game this year, I'll give you that. And you are right in that Highlands can't just line up and run the ball down the other team's throat like they did in the State game last year. But it can be effective enough to keep the Defense honest, and to pick up yards when needed.

I'll disagree with you on that one. It's no secret that Highlands doesn't have anything close to the rushing game of years past.

That's a lot different than saying they abandoned the run. They have effective runners who can make you pay if you forget about them.

That's a lot different than saying they abandoned the run. They have effective runners who can make you pay if you forget about them.

I guess it's all in the translation. The rushing game is not a vital part of the Bluebird offense this year.

Wow, I almost forgot. JC faithful, we brought our "bag" to Ft. Thomas this year and the Bluebirds had not scouted us very well and they kicked off to Paul Ritter and then no one for Highlands could not catch him. You remember that game, the one where a tipped ball at the end was just a few inches from our receiver's hands that would have tied the score?

Would have, could have, should have....didn't. Birds win!

I think some are forgetting how depth may come to play in this game.

Highlands will dress over 120 kids with 80 of them being soph through senior.

With JC playing so many kids both ways, I see it being the Golden Eagles that are worn down by mid third and early 4th quarter. It's been like that the past 3 years. I don't see it changing this year. Especially with all of Highlands speed.

I think some are forgetting how depth may come to play in this game.

Highlands will dress over 120 kids with 80 of them being soph through senior.

With JC playing so many kids both ways, I see it being the Golden Eagles that are worn down by mid third and early 4th quarter. It's been like that the past 3 years. I don't see it changing this year. Especially with all of Highlands speed.

Is that number correct? I don't ever remember 120 on the sidelines for the Bluebirds.