5A: Highlands/Johnson Central predictions

Who Wins This Game?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

You are kiddin right. If he has Kramer speed, quickness and elusivness and the bulk and power of Elliot then we may be looking at the next Heisman Trophy winner. This is a bold statement and a serious formula for an SEC big time running back. Is this kid this good? What is is 40 time, what is his size? I remember Couch was advertised as the next coming with like 37,000 yds passing and we all know how that worked out when he visited Ft Thomas. Just sayin,Go Birds 20n10

I wasn't kidding, I was just trying to describe the type of runner Mr. Jude reminds me of. He definitely isn't as big or as powerful as Elliot, but if you don't square up and wrap up, he'll break the tackle. He may not be as elusive as Kramer, but he is every bit as quick and fast carrying the ball. I will say his balance is what impressed me the most.

I am real curious to see what colleges think of Mr. Jude. As someone mentioned he is the #1 rated wrestler at 160 lb's in the state. My guess is that if Mr. Jude focused on football, and put on about 20 lbs ( which he could easily do), he would garner some serious D1 interest, if he hasn't already. My guess is that he weighs somewhere around 170 -175. He might not have some of the "metrics" that D1 colleges look for, but I can guarantee that he is an outstanding High school football player.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question: No. Their QB, Hall, is a very dangerous runner made even more dangerous when Defenses focus too much on Jude. Bratton is a very tough inside runner. Ousley is a big old boy that can pound the ball between the tackles when he's not blocking for the others.

Thanks LN . :thumb: Does JC ever pass the ball , if so , how often ?

Thanks LN . :thumb: Does JC ever pass the ball , if so , how often ?

Not often. But the film shows they do like to split the QB Hall out wide. When the QB is in that formation, JC likes to throw him the ball.

IMHO - Because JC thinks HHS is expecting Jude, and more Jude, they will try to throw some to the Parker kid (I think #1) to keep HHS honest. I know one thing for sure, if Jude gets 8 yards past the line of scrimmage he'll be gone. Outside Elliott from Ryle, it'll be their biggest challenge this year.

LN...Does JC run any overbalanced line sets? I seem to remember them running overbalance line right, and then coming left out of a full house backfield. It sufficiently outmanned us at the point of attack and really put pessure on the OLB/CB. It gave us fits in '08.

LN...Does JC run any overbalanced line sets? I seem to remember them running overbalance line right, and then coming left out of a full house backfield. It sufficiently outmanned us at the point of attack and really put pessure on the OLB/CB. It gave us fits in '08.

Good memory my friend. In 08 they ran away from the overbalance against us; in 09 they ran to the overbalance against us. I don't recall them running any overbalance against Ashland or CovCath this year, but they may have. My guess is that Weinrich is preparing for it nonetheless.

If someone could give me the info, so I could pass it on to my family, I'd really appreciate it. :thumb:

I don't have much. I know that they were trying to fill 3 buses and it was $35 per person. I'm not in the know w/ the boosters so I don't know who to call directly. I know that that is vague, but it's all I have right now.

Someone asked me if there were any fan busses going down. Anyone know anything about that?

I just got an email sent to FTJFL parents that they were trying to fill up bus #3

Here is the email if anyone want to go:

The organizers have asked us to forward the following E-mail to any FTJFL Parents that may be interested as they are trying to fill a 3rd bus.

---------------------

It's time, ROAD TRIP! Bluebirds travel to Paintsville, KY on Friday, Nov 19th to take on the Johnson Central Golden Eagles. The Golden Eagles will no doubt have lots of fans to cheer on their team; however no fan is more supportive than a Highlands Bluebird Fan! Some will choose to drive separately, however if you would like to join the Bluebird FAN BUS here is the info:

When: Friday, Nov 19th at 1:30 pm (departing at 1:50 pm)

Where: Highlands High School

Who: Any Bluebird fan that doesn't want to drive?

What: transportation provided by Executive Transportation

How much: $35 per person

What to bring: Highlands spirit wear (available in the Highlands Bookstore), snacks for the 3.5 hr bus ride, drinks of your choice/coolers & your favorite tailgate food

You may want to bring a small cooler on the bus (there will also be plenty of space for a larger cooler & blankets/coats etc. underneath)

There will be 1 "pit stop" made about halfway down at a rest area (and also on the return trip). Tailgating will begin upon arrival until game time. All are invited to join our tailgate party as well, so if you have friends that drive down separately, please pass that along. We will leave the stadium approx 15-30 minutes after the game to return home so please plan accordingly. There will be a restroom on the bus as well.

Please forward this info to anyone that would be interested in joining the bus. Your seat will be "reserved" upon payment. Please contact Anissa Hollingsworth at 916-4158, ASAP to make payment arrangements. Checks can be made out to "HHS Football Club." We have 2 full buses already and 1 bus partially full, if this is not filled, we will have to cancel the 3rd bus. We are hoping to be able to reserve the 3rd bus by Thursday morning at the latest. Again, reservations will be made upon payment, so please come out and support the Birds!

Go Birds, Beat Golden Eagles!!!

I don't have much. I know that they were trying to fill 3 buses and it was $35 per person. I'm not in the know w/ the boosters so I don't know who to call directly. I know that that is vague, but it's all I have right now.
Thanks Mex..., Emperor..., and those who PM'd me. :thumb:

5"10 - 175 lbs. and he is the #1 ranked 160 pound junior wrestler in the state. Which weight is correct?

Last year I remember a bruising fullback in the JC rushing attack, did he graduate?

Wrestlers cut weight, he'd have no problem wrestling at 160 if he walks around at 175.