5A: Highlands/Johnson Central predictions

Who Wins This Game?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweep, I agree with BGBird. Jude is the best RB we will have faced this year and I don't think it's close. He's fast, runs with much more power than his size would indicate, and is elusive but doesn't dance in the hole. He has great vision, goes into the hole, plants a foot and cuts at full speed. We better have a lot of guys flying to him but not forget about their QB. JC loves to have him fake the ball to Jude, have the QB keep the ball and run either a naked bootleg to the backside or keep the ball and run around the frontside end, which as you'll recall, they did with some success in first half last year. The QB, Hall, can flat out fly. If they sneak him out to a receiver position, you can almost count on them throwing the ball to him deep.

What colleges are showing interest in him. Sometimes that will tell you a lot.

Sweep, I agree with BGBird. Jude is the best RB we will have faced this year and I don't think it's close. He's fast, runs with much more power than his size would indicate, and is elusive but doesn't dance in the hole. He has great vision, goes into the hole, plants a foot and cuts at full speed. We better have a lot of guys flying to him but not forget about their QB. JC loves to have him fake the ball to Jude, have the QB keep the ball and run either a naked bootleg to the backside or keep the ball and run around the frontside end, which as you'll recall, they did with some success in first half last year. The QB, Hall, can flat out fly. If they sneak him out to a receiver position, you can almost count on them throwing the ball to him deep.

All Noted. Sounds like this is going to be a good one. Go Birds 20n10

Good memory my friend. In 08 they ran away from the overbalance against us; in 09 they ran to the overbalance against us. I don't recall them running any overbalance against Ashland or CovCath this year, but they may have. My guess is that Weinrich is preparing for it nonetheless.

In 08 if they do not try to throw the ball they might have won. That game both defenses struggled.

Not often. But the film shows they do like to split the QB Hall out wide. When the QB is in that formation, JC likes to throw him the ball.

IMHO - Because JC thinks HHS is expecting Jude, and more Jude, they will try to throw some to the Parker kid (I think #1) to keep HHS honest. I know one thing for sure, if Jude gets 8 yards past the line of scrimmage he'll be gone. Outside Elliott from Ryle, it'll be their biggest challenge this year.

That would be bad for JC imo. Go Birds 20n10

In 08 if they do not try to throw the ball they might have won. That game both defenses struggled.

Maybe Matney got on here and read all the hype on being "one dimensional" and "can't win with smash-mouth football only". I only remember one pass...it opened the game and was completed to Bardo(?).

Maybe Matney got on here and read all the hype on being "one dimensional" and "can't win with smash-mouth football only". I only remember one pass...it opened the game and was completed to Bardo(?).

I do not remember if it opened the game or was the opening drive but it was a completion to HHS.

Should be tough game for the Birds.If they keep the Super Star under 300,The Birds will prevail.I look for JC two way starters with their hands on the waists towards the end of third.That being said,if the Birds can match points until then.Stamina will take over.Birds by two sores.....

And there it is, Smashmouth Football. Ok now I'm ready for Friday. Then again, it was brought up by a Highlands fan. Just not the same .:irked:

Good luck Birds!