Johnson Central 47 Scott 13

swamprat

Well to be honest, I believe they have had only 1 winning season in their entire program history and I wasn't there to see that. They have always struggled as a program since the school opened in 1982 (I believe thats the right date), so as them going three seasons without a win isn't entirely surprising. I just can't believe that a team could be stuck in such a rut since since the school opened and not come out of it for a short period of time. Lloyd, for example, used to be very strong despite their struggles in recent memory. Cooper, despite being an entirely new school, is much farther along than Scott has ever come close to. Bishop Brossart and Walton Verona are also examples (but then again they are in 1A so it might not be a fair comparison at that).

Scott is 27-108 since 1998. I didn't realize how bad they had been until I did some research on the KHSAA site. There were a few years (2007/2008 maybe?) where they went 4-7 in back to back years but other than that it's been 1-9 or 2-8 in every other year, with a couple 0-10 seasons sprinkled in.

Forgot to mention in this in my last post, but is it just a lack of talent at this point? Is the talent lacking in Scott's district as compared to SK, Dixie, as well as other NKY public school programs?

I don't think it's a lack of talent...I say this because the basketball (boys and girls) programs, baseball program, soccer program, and even smaller sports like tennis, swimming and diving, and girls softball are generally one of the better teams in their region and district year in and year out. I think it's simply a lack of support amongst the community which leads to lack of interest in the football program. Nobody wants to play for a team that doesn't get support. I think the move to the new district could help though. As stated before, no Highlands and no Covcath could bring out more kids. Look what it did for Holmes' program the past two seasons.

Don't let this score fool you. JC's offense is state title worthy. They're defense is their achilles. No team in 5a will STOP central. Opponents only chance is to contain the bleeding and hope that their offense matches score for score in a shootout with time of possession being a critical factor. CCH will be a respectable opponent this year' date=' but they won't be able to stop the JJ-Hall-Bratton machine that is JC. Their past several games have been offensive blowouts. Their is no lulling into a false sense of reality in this camp post lowly Scott. JC is the real deal and will give NKY everything and then some.[/quote']

I think Highlands, Dixie, AND Covcath would all three beat JC this year. We'll wait and find out.

Also Walter' date=' keep in mind it's in their neck of the woods this year....know whut I mean, Vern?[/quote']

I'm pickin' up what you're throwin' down...but as I said a few weeks ago.

When Covcath beat a Pike and Dematteo-less team, JC got lucky because they'd see the Blue Colonels or Ashland in round two and not the Red Colonels.

If not for that, we'd see an all nky region finals in Ft. Thomas...IMO of course.

Scott is 27-108 since 1998. I didn't realize how bad they had been until I did some research on the KHSAA site. There were a few years (2007/2008 maybe?) where they went 4-7 in back to back years but other than that it's been 1-9 or 2-8 in every other year, with a couple 0-10 seasons sprinkled in.

I don't think it's a lack of talent...I say this because the basketball (boys and girls) programs, baseball program, soccer program, and even smaller sports like tennis, swimming and diving, and girls softball are generally one of the better teams in their region and district year in and year out. I think it's simply a lack of support amongst the community which leads to lack of interest in the football program. Nobody wants to play for a team that doesn't get support. I think the move to the new district could help though. As stated before, no Highlands and no Covcath could bring out more kids. Look what it did for Holmes' program the past two seasons.

I was a senior at Scott the year they went 4-7 and while it was one of their more successful seasons, the wins they came against were all 1A opponents and an extremely weak 3A opponent. That doesn't gain respectability from the other schools in the area for Scott.

While I agree that the move down to 4A will more than likely be a beneficial one where they should be able to have a higher chance at success, I am inclined to agree with you that there is an overall lack of interest in the program from the community as a whole. There have been attempts to bring that support up as of recently and hopefully it will have some benefits to wield for the program. The high school coaches are getting more involved with middle school program so hopefully that will help things. I'd also like to see them reach a hand out to the NKYFL league and towards the Raiders program where I know they get several players from as well.

I'm pickin' up what you're throwin' down...but as I said a few weeks ago.

When Covcath beat a Pike and Dematteo-less team, JC got lucky because they'd see the Blue Colonels or Ashland in round two and not the Red Colonels.

If not for that, we'd see an all nky region finals in Ft. Thomas...IMO of course.

I hope you're correct in your prediction. Like you said, only time will tell...