Johnson Central 47 Scott 13

swamprat

JC only led 12-7 at the half....I'm going to go out on a limb and say they lost next week to the Blue Colonels.

That was the thought last year, too. Didn't come to pass. I'm gonna wait and see because I had Holmes picked to romp last night. Who knows at this point? ;-)

JC only led 12-7 at the half....I'm going to go out on a limb and say they lost next week to the Blue Colonels.

Cov. Cath. has to beat Ashland to earn the chance to see whether your prediction is accurate. I think the Colonels will win, but they have laid a couple of eggs this year. Sounds like Scott had a very respectable showing last night. The halftime score had lots of people on the edge of their seats.

I really wonder if we will ever see a Scott playoff in this next decade? Granted I know they have a very good freshman team coming up that could give them some wins once they hit the varsity level (but then again, how those players develop is still unknown) but will they get a playoff win?

As a Scott Alumni, I know of the struggles of our football program but I've never known one to be stuck in such a hole like this one has. I've always supported them and will continue to do so like my other struggling teams (Kentucky and the Bengals) but I've always held out hope that one day we finally would have a season that others in the area could respect. Alas, it has not come to fruition yet. As a 2008 graduate, I will say that they are some very good athletes roaming of the halls of Scott that don't tryout for the team (I was one of them but my focus was on baseball as I was being recruited by schools for it). Granted there are probably kids like that roaming every schools' halls but I really think there it is a rather larger percentage in this case for Scott, at least thats how it was while I was at school.

Either way, I really hope Scott's program is able to pull things together and bring some respect to their school...

Which #1 seed OR #2 seed would host in the region championship in this bracket?

Assuming Highlands beats Dixie next week and JC beats the winner of Covcath/Ashland, would the Birds host? or JC?

I'm thinking JC would since Highlands did last year.

I really wonder if we will ever see a Scott playoff in this next decade? Granted I know they have a very good freshman team coming up that could give them some wins once they hit the varsity level (but then again, how those players develop is still unknown) but will they get a playoff win?

As a Scott Alumni, I know of the struggles of our football program but I've never known one to be stuck in such a hole like this one has. I've always supported them and will continue to do so like my other struggling teams (Kentucky and the Bengals) but I've always held out hope that one day we finally would have a season that others in the area could respect. Alas, it has not come to fruition yet. As a 2008 graduate, I will say that they are some very good athletes roaming of the halls of Scott that don't tryout for the team (I was one of them but my focus was on baseball as I was being recruited by schools for it). Granted there are probably kids like that roaming every schools' halls but I really think there it is a rather larger percentage in this case for Scott, at least thats how it was while I was at school.

Either way, I really hope Scott's program is able to pull things together and bring some respect to their school...

Scott will be in a district with Cooper, Conner, and either Grant Co or Oldham Co next year, so there is still hope for them to host a playoff game at some point in the next 4 years IMO.

AS far as never seeing them go through this many struggles, didn't they go three season without a win at one point? I believe the Russell Poland led team was the one that stopped that streak.

They'll be in 5A starting next year. No CovCath. No Highlands. Perfect opportunity to build on some successes.

Scott will be in a district with Cooper, Conner, and either Grant Co or Oldham Co next year, so there is still hope for them to host a playoff game at some point in the next 4 years IMO.

AS far as never seeing them go through this many struggles, didn't they go three season without a win at one point? I believe the Russell Poland led team was the one that stopped that streak.

Well to be honest, I believe they have had only 1 winning season in their entire program history and I wasn't there to see that. They have always struggled as a program since the school opened in 1982 (I believe thats the right date), so as them going three seasons without a win isn't entirely surprising. I just can't believe that a team could be stuck in such a rut since since the school opened and not come out of it for a short period of time. Lloyd, for example, used to be very strong despite their struggles in recent memory. Cooper, despite being an entirely new school, is much farther along than Scott has ever come close to. Bishop Brossart and Walton Verona are also examples (but then again they are in 1A so it might not be a fair comparison at that).

Don't let this score fool you. JC's offense is state title worthy. They're defense is their achilles. No team in 5a will STOP central. Opponents only chance is to contain the bleeding and hope that their offense matches score for score in a shootout with time of possession being a critical factor. CCH will be a respectable opponent this year, but they won't be able to stop the JJ-Hall-Bratton machine that is JC. Their past several games have been offensive blowouts. Their is no lulling into a false sense of reality in this camp post lowly Scott. JC is the real deal and will give NKY everything and then some.