Unique Reds Trades

Preachit

17 wins in 09 was impressive. If he can match that for the next couple of years it will have been a good trade for both.

Right and he was a stud with 12 wins at the AS break. He averages about 1.5 base runners per inning. He isn't exactly a Cy young candidate every year. Hamilton has a chance at a few MVP's. Like I said I would have made the trade at the time, but I wish they hadn't now that the Reds have pitching depth.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right and he was a stud with 12 wins at the AS break. He averages about 1.5 base runners per inning. He isn't exactly a Cy young candidate every year. Hamilton has a chance at a few MVP's. Like I said I would have made the trade at the time, but I wish they hadn't now that the Reds have pitching depth.

I'm with you for the most part. I'm still not convinced he's going to be bette than Homer. I do have a concern about the number of runners he puts on base.

I'm with you for the most part. I'm still not convinced he's going to be bette than Homer. I do have a concern about the number of runners he puts on base.

I have no idea why, but I think Homer wins 17 or so games and is a top 5 or 6 guy in the NL next year.

Agreed but that doesn't mean they were "happy" to get rid of Hamilton. They weren't looking to dump him.

The Reds didn't dump Hamilton. They got a guy who will probably be their #1 starter next season & has already started one All Star game. Hamilton has been great for Texas, but it takes pitching to win. That's especially true when you're trying to build a team with a small to mid-sized payroll.

At the time, Hamilton's future was fairly uncertain. I'd do the trade again. Clearly, I think highly of Volquez.

The Reds didn't dump Hamilton. They got a guy who will probably be their #1 starter next season & has already started one All Star game. Hamilton has been great for Texas, but it takes pitching to win. That's especially true when you're trying to build a team with a small to mid-sized payroll.

At the time, Hamilton's future was fairly uncertain. I'd do the trade again. Clearly, I think highly of Volquez.

Agreed on all account assuming EV gets back to his 09 level next season.

I hope you're right, but my feeling is you have EV severely overrated. At least he learned a new pitch while he was out. They also say it takes some time to recover form the surgery and that this year he should be at his best. While Hamilton's future was uncertain the same can obviously be said for EV's. My guess is the Reds would trade EV for Hamilton straight up right now, but the Rangers wouldn't make that trade.