Fantasy Controversy

UKMustangFan

I would quit a league too if the only reason a trade was vetoed was because I was improving my team. To me the only time a trade should be vetoed is if there is cheating/collusion, or a less knowledgeable player is being clearly taken advantage of. Yes I believe you were wrong in vetoing the trade, especially if the only motivation for doing so is that people are upset they didn't draft as well and don't want to lose.

My thoughts as well. Vetoing a trade because you're afraid it will make someone's team too good is no different than a bogus trade that tries to accomplish that same thing. I'd be apt to quit the league as well.

That's also the reason I never liked allowing the rest of the league to veto trades. I prefer to have a trustworthy and fair commisioner have that authority.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This reminds me of something that I posted on here like 2 years ago regarding a premeditated trade prior to a draft. Player A was in a position to get AP and player B was a huge fan of AP and wanted him. so Player B agreed to get Randy Moss for Player A and then they were going to trade after the draft. If it had been just that and they had drafted normally I wouldn't have been annoyed. My bone of contention though was that A went nothing but RBs and B went nothing but WRs. In my opinion it skewed the draft when it happened because of players who went when they would normally not have gone.

Had it just been for AP and RM I wouldn't have cared, but when they were trading half their rosters to each other I was ticked and tried to block it for some time.

This reminds me of something that I posted on here like 2 years ago regarding a premeditated trade prior to a draft. Player A was in a position to get AP and player B was a huge fan of AP and wanted him. so Player B agreed to get Randy Moss for Player A and then they were going to trade after the draft. If it had been just that and they had drafted normally I wouldn't have been annoyed. My bone of contention though was that A went nothing but RBs and B went nothing but WRs. In my opinion it skewed the draft when it happened because of players who went when they would normally not have gone.

Had it just been for AP and RM I wouldn't have cared, but when they were trading half their rosters to each other I was ticked and tried to block it for some time.

I seem to remember that story.

Just so everyone can see my roster compared to his...I think my team is every bit as good overall. 14 team league.

My team:

QB Joe Flacco

QB Ben Rothlisberger

QB Bruce Gradkowski

RB Michael Turner

RB Jahvid Best

RB Jamaal Charles

RB Justin Forsett

WR Anquan Boldin

WR Louis Murphy

WR Dez Bryant

WR Eddie Royal

TE Dustin Keller

TE Bo Scaife

K Graham Gano

D/ST Philadelphia

His team (with trade going through):

QB Tom Brady

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB Arian Foster

RB Tim Hightower

RB Brandon Jacobs

RB Leon Washington

RB Jerome Harrison

WR Malcolm Floyd

WR Steve Breaston

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Roddy White

TE Owen Daniels

TE Kevin Boss

K Jeff Reed

D/ST Interchanging (adds & drops based on weekly matchups)

I think my team is every bit as good...but why let him close the gap? :D

That's also the reason I never liked allowing the rest of the league to veto trades. I prefer to have a trustworthy and fair commisioner have that authority.

Now that I agree with....In fact, I actually approached the commissioner and told him to remove my veto (as it's the one that is set to end the trade), if he felt it was the right thing to do. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with trying to protect your advantages in a league (if it's within the rules), but I guess I'm the only one that feels that way, so it looks as if the trade will go through.

Wow, pretty weak stuff going on in that league. Personally I wouldn't join any league that allowed a trade to be vetoed (a commish should have the power to reverse any trade with proven collusion, but that's it). If two adults come to an agreement than the trade is fine by me. I don't care if a guy gets buyer's remorse---we are talking about adults here.

I agree with those that say only a commissioner should veto trades. In my big money league we have a commissioner that reviews all trades and would decide if a veto needed to occur. We have not had one veto in my time in the league.

Vetoing a trade because it hurts you is weak sauce. Try to talk someone out of dong it, fine, but veto it just because it hurts you? Weak. Go make a trade of your own to improve.

I agree with those that say only a commissioner should veto trades. In my big money league we have a commissioner that reviews all trades and would decide if a veto needed to occur. We have not had one veto in my time in the league.

Vetoing a trade because it hurts you is weak sauce. Try to talk someone out of dong it, fine, but veto it just because it hurts you? Weak. Go make a trade of your own to improve.

:thumb: :thumb:

So MLB teams blocking other teams waiver claims is weak as well then? It's the same thing. I'm trying to stop my direct competition from improving. No difference.

So MLB teams blocking other teams waiver claims is weak as well then? It's the same thing. I'm trying to stop my direct competition from improving. No difference.

You keep comparing it to waiver claims. Do you forget that fantasy football actually has waiver claims? See, that would be an accurate and direct comparison. I absolutely pick up players that I think would benefit another team, thus preventing my opponent from having them. Not the same as vetoing a trade. A direct comparison would be an MLB team somehow getting a trade nullified, which I don't even know if they can do that.

Teams improve all the time through trading in the professional leagues, and all too often there is not a danged thing another team can do about it other than to go improve their team as well.

You keep comparing it to waiver claims. Do you forget that fantasy football actually has waiver claims? See, that would be an accurate and direct comparison. I absolutely pick up players that I think would benefit another team, thus preventing my opponent from having them. Not the same as vetoing a trade. A direct comparison would be an MLB team somehow getting a trade nullified, which I don't even know if they can do that.

Teams improve all the time through trading in the professional leagues, and all too often there is not a danged thing another team can do about it other than to go improve their team as well.

:thumb:

The waiver thing isn't an accurate comparison. Its a weak attempt to justify the veto. Personally, I'd just stick with saying I'll do whatever is possible within my power to keep him from improving his team.

I think everyone understands that the veto option is in place to prevent two players from working together to boost one guy's team. That isn't the case here...both teams stand to benefit from this trade. This is an ideal fantasy football trade where it's fair and both guys can be happy about what they're getting.