47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bell County
    • Knox Central

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am rooting for Knox in this game, but, I think Bell will likely win as I have witessed them firsthand this last week score at will on our boys. The line for Bell is a decent line, but, the second wave for Bell on defense is really something to contend with and the Davenport kid has to be the fastest high school running back I've seen in person. He gets around the end fast enough, but when he sees daylight, it's like he grabs for the overdrive gear. Knox has a huge line that should be comparable to Bell's and maybe even better, but, their corners are going to have to be extraordinary to keep up with the speed in the Bell backfield. The game will hinge on how well the Knox defense holds Davenport in check and how much they can soften up Bell's secondary with their passing game so they can establish the running game where the box isn't loaded up. Good luck to the Panthers against a very good Bell team.

Good post.

I think a lot of people are basing their opinions on the common opponent, Johnson Central. Quite a few adjustments have been made since that game and I believe that KC has improved considerably since.

Win or lose, I think Bell needs a game where their opponent gives them a stiff test if they want to go far in the playoffs.

If I were hanging my hat on victories over 2 teams that are McCreary (1-4) and Middlesboro (2-4), I think I'd re-evaluate Knox's ability to play with Bell. I don't look for this game to be close at all. Bell by 28 points.

Well since you don't think Middlesboro and McCreary Central is much how about Clay Co. and Johnson Central. Bell wins, but not in a Cake Walk this is a very good Knox Team.

42 Bell points is posible but I think for that to happen will require numerous KC turnovers and a very poor offensive showing by KC resulting in unusually good field position for Bell all night. In a normal game type setting I just can't see anyone putting up that many points on this defense. Still, history is on Bell's side and the lopsided predictions that some are making don't upset me. As an outsider I would probably see it the same way.

Hasbeen2 none of my comments are meant to be personal. We are all just stating our opinions. KC is very good and should be proud of what they have done, but I know strange things happen and Bell is getting really pumped up for this one as KC. Bell knows how close things have been between the two and they are fired up to dominate this game to claim there spot as the best in the 4A. I feel like it may be close for awhile but think Bell will pull away. Nothing personal KC should be proud of what they are accomplishing.

Hasbeen2 none of my comments are meant to be personal. We are all just stating our opinions. KC is very good and should be proud of what they have done, but I know strange things happen and Bell is getting really pumped up for this one as KC. Bell knows how close things have been between the two and they are fired up to dominate this game to claim there spot as the best in the 4A. I feel like it may be close for awhile but think Bell will pull away. Nothing personal KC should be proud of what they are accomplishing.

As I said, predictions don't upset me so no need to explain. I understand and take no offense. I was merely stating why I don't expect it to be a wide margin. We'll see Friday.

Knox has improved as a program over the years that is for certain but so has Bell. I think Bell has more athletes on both sides of the ball, the OL/DL will offset each other and they have a marked advantage in Coaching.

Bell Wins.

This started me thinking. How many Hilton assistants have gone on to become successfull head coaches? I can only think of one.

Holcomb at Breathit, Petersen at Fleming Co., Greer at Bell Co., Calebs at Cawood, Foley at Frankfort, Poynter at Bourbon somewhat?, Mills at Knox, Robbins at Marion.

I am sure their is a few more? Is that enough?

Holcomb at Breathit, Petersen at Fleming Co., Greer at Bell Co., Calebs at Cawood, Foley at Frankfort, Poynter at Bourbon somewhat?, Mills at Knox, Robbins at Marion.

I am sure their is a few more? Is that enough?

I was thinking of Bell assistants but I'll give you Holcomb. Not sure you could term Greer's stint at Bell or Whitley as successful nor Calebs at Cawood. I didn't know Robbins or Foley were former Dudley assistants. At Bell?

I was thinking of Bell assistants but I'll give you Holcomb. Not sure you could term Greer's stint at Bell or Whitley as successful nor Calebs at Cawood. I didn't know Robbins or Foley were former Dudley assistants. At Bell?

I believe Greer's record at Bell Co. in 4 years was like 30-13. Last time I checked I'd say 80% of the teams in Ky would be envious of that. As for Calebs, they only gave him 1 year and then they hired all the 1st year teachers (no exceptions, as far as I know) and it was his first year. I think that is correct, not 100% on that.