47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bell County
    • Knox Central

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is finally time to ring the Bell. KC has finally got the program that it needs. I have seen both teams play. I thing this will be a big upset to the Bell community. Why will KC win? They have nothing to lose. They seem to be hungry and looking to put their program up with the best. For Bell it will be buisness as usual.

It does not matter who beat who and by how much. it all matters how you match up with the other team you are playing. Both teams had better be ready. I am sure it will be a fight to the end. Good luck to both teams. I can't wait until Friday.

In just a few short seasons Knox Central has gone from being eveyone's favorite homecoming opponent to a team that is knocking on the door to being a statewide power. The biggest hurdle has been Bell County and a win over the Bobcats unfortunately appears to be the only way KC will achieve the recognition they deserve. Make no mistake, this is a very solid KC football team. Excellent defense combined with a versatile offense. The bad news is that this may be one Bell's best teams, no small accomplishment considering all the great teams that have come from Log Mountain. Great teams do the small things well, things that go unoticed unless they mess up. KC may not quite be at that level just yet, but Bell is and I'm afraid the missed PATs that have tarnished some otherwise stellar performances recently just may be KC's downfall in a tight game. Still, the Panther's have shown marked improvement every single week and I'm going to hope that trend continues. So, for those reasons and simply because I'm a fan and believe they are due, I'll take ......

KC 26-Bell Co. 24

In just a few short seasons Knox Central has gone from being eveyone's favorite homecoming opponent to a team that is knocking on the door to being a statewide power. The biggest hurdle has been Bell County and a win over the Bobcats unfortunately appears to be the only way KC will achieve the recognition they deserve. Make no mistake, this is a very solid KC football team. Excellent defense combined with a versatile offense. The bad news is that this may be one Bell's best teams, no small accomplishment considering all the great teams that have come from Log Mountain. Great teams do the small things well, things that go unoticed unless they mess up. KC may not quite be at that level just yet, but Bell is and I'm afraid the missed PATs that have tarnished some otherwise stellar performances recently just may be KC's downfall in a tight game. Still, the Panther's have shown marked improvement every single week and I'm going to hope that trend continues. So, for those reasons and simply because I'm a fan and believe they are due, I'll take ......

KC 26-Bell Co. 24

Knox could really benefit from Bell Co. dropping to 3A. Whos going to win between Bell and Knox is yet to be seen, but I don't know if I'd ever thought I would see the day where KC is better IMO than Corbin, Rockastle, Middlesboro, and Whitley Co. But they are better than all those teams I believe right now.

Knox could really benefit from Bell Co. dropping to 3A.

I believe KC is destined to win many district titles in years to come, but it just seems that it would be so much more legit to take it from Bell before they change classes. As they say, be the best you must beat the best.

Knox Central is a very good Football Team. They beat Middlesboro 45-0 McCreary Central 55-0 beat some other good teams, they are real. This team looks a lot like the team that had Bell on the Ropes 2 years ago in the play-off. With that said I pick Bell by 14. Bell is still the best until so meone beats them. Which ever team wins or loses the fans will get their dimes worth.

Knox Central is a very good Football Team. They beat Middlesboro 45-0 McCreary Central 55-0 beat some other good teams, they are real. This team looks a lot like the team that had Bell on the Ropes 2 years ago in the play-off. With that said I pick Bell by 14. Bell is still the best until so meone beats them. Which ever team wins or loses the fans will get their dimes worth.

If I were hanging my hat on victories over 2 teams that are McCreary (1-4) and Middlesboro (2-4), I think I'd re-evaluate Knox's ability to play with Bell. I don't look for this game to be close at all. Bell by 28 points.

TRENCHMASTER, Bell is a great team no doubt. This is not David vs Goliath. I hope you have seen KC play more than one game. I know Bell county followers were at the KC vs Johnson Central game. I think you have put the cart way before the horse on this one. 42-14 is not going to happen. If it does end up that way I will really be suprised. I don't think Hasbeen2 is using his enthusiasm I think it is his faith and knowledge of his program. Everyone knows what it would take to compete with Bell. I think you will be suprised to see the KC defense in the bell back field making big plays. The average lineman on the KC defense is 230lbs these are kids that have played from 3rd grade on up. They are very talented and quick. No knock on KC's program 42-14 that is a JOKE. What is their own right? I honestley don't think you know.

Hasbeen2 I appreciate your enthusiasm for the program and I agree they are heading a very positive direction, however, I think Bell County will soundly defeat them 42-14. No knock on KC though they are good in their own right.

Hasbeen2 I appreciate your enthusiasm for the program and I agree they are heading a very positive direction, however, I think Bell County will soundly defeat them 42-14. No knock on KC though they are good in their own right.

42 Bell points is posible but I think for that to happen will require numerous KC turnovers and a very poor offensive showing by KC resulting in unusually good field position for Bell all night. In a normal game type setting I just can't see anyone putting up that many points on this defense. Still, history is on Bell's side and the lopsided predictions that some are making don't upset me. As an outsider I would probably see it the same way.

I am rooting for Knox in this game, but, I think Bell will likely win as I have witessed them firsthand this last week score at will on our boys. The line for Bell is a decent line, but, the second wave for Bell on defense is really something to contend with and the Davenport kid has to be the fastest high school running back I've seen in person. He gets around the end fast enough, but when he sees daylight, it's like he grabs for the overdrive gear. Knox has a huge line that should be comparable to Bell's and maybe even better, but, their corners are going to have to be extraordinary to keep up with the speed in the Bell backfield. The game will hinge on how well the Knox defense holds Davenport in check and how much they can soften up Bell's secondary with their passing game so they can establish the running game where the box isn't loaded up. Good luck to the Panthers against a very good Bell team.