Weight Loss--Any good ideas??

StickerMann

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to post a typical 2000 calorie day for them. Particularly interested in portable, on the go/road food choices - and yes, I'm willing to pack a cooler.

In that case a 24 pack of Michelob Ultra. :D

In watching your diet, what I have learned it is not so much about the foods as it is about the portion sizes. If you are willing to pack food, put together little meals to eat during the day. Handful of almonds with a string cheese; Protein shake; Apple w/cottage cheese; carrots; etc.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy for you though.

About a year or so ago when I was drinking 4-5 soft drinks a day, if I would go a day or even just a morning without one, I'd have awful migranes. Shortly after having my 1st Coke or Pepsi, it would go away. My body's addiction to the caffine was causing the headaches, not the caffine preventing them.

Now that I've got myself down to maybe 1 Coke a day, I never get migranes. Now obviously, I'm not saying this is what's going on in your situation, but sometimes migranes are caused by the body's reliance on the caffine, as was true in my case.

I've had migranes since I was 6 years old, well before I started drinking coffee. I tried quitting coffee and was debilitated by migranes. I'm talking the "white light in my eyes", throwing up kind of misery. And they would last for days, sometimes a week at a time.

I finally went to the doctor (this was at a point in my life when I couldn't afford health insurance), and he told me to drink the coffee.

Migranes are caused by the rapid dialation and constriction of blood vessels in one's brain. I can either be on prescription meds daily, or I can drink my caffeine (which I choose to do in coffee, black, no sugar), make sure I keep a regular sleep schedule, excercise and avoid food "triggers".

Other potential health benefits in coffee include reduced risk of dementia and Parkinsons, and coffee has naturally occurring anti-oxidants.

Red Wine is good in moderation as well as some fats. Moderation is the key, not denial.

I've had migranes since I was 6 years old, well before I started drinking coffee. I tried quitting coffee and was debilitated by migranes. I'm talking the "white light in my eyes", throwing up kind of misery. And they would last for days, sometimes a week at a time.

I finally went to the doctor (this was at a point in my life when I couldn't afford health insurance), and he told me to drink the coffee.

Migranes are caused by the rapid dialation and constriction of blood vessels in one's brain. I can either be on prescription meds daily, or I can drink my caffeine (which I choose to do in coffee, black, no sugar), make sure I keep a regular sleep schedule, excercise and avoid food "triggers".

Other potential health benefits in coffee include reduced risk of dementia and Parkinsons, and coffee has naturally occurring anti-oxidants.

Red Wine is good in moderation as well as some fats. Moderation is the key, not denial.

That's true for most everything. The BGP Politics and Religion forum, for example.

Anyone want to post a typical 2000 calorie day for them. Particularly interested in portable, on the go/road food choices - and yes, I'm willing to pack a cooler.

I can't because I don't track my calories that accurately. I just try to eat reasonably smart. I do okay for the most part, but man I have some days where I am certain I eat well north of 4000 calories.

I did have a very knowledgeable nutrionalist tell me not to get overly caught up in the protein vs. carb thing. There is certainly some purpose in watching the increment of those items (such as protein helps you to feel more full and thus eat less), but at the end of the day it is the number of calories you take in that is the most important factor.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy for you though.

About a year or so ago when I was drinking 4-5 soft drinks a day, if I would go a day or even just a morning without one, I'd have awful migranes. Shortly after having my 1st Coke or Pepsi, it would go away. My body's addiction to the caffine was causing the headaches, not the caffine preventing them.

Now that I've got myself down to maybe 1 Coke a day, I never get migranes. Now obviously, I'm not saying this is what's going on in your situation, but sometimes migranes are caused by the body's reliance on the caffine, as was true in my case.

You can't classify it as healthy for no. It's not like a vitamin. But to say it's is unhealthy isn't true either. Again, Tylenol will help relieve head aches but take a hand full and see what happens. Would you say Tylenol is unhealthy. Caffeine is used to treat problems like migranes and asthma.

A good book with plans for healthy eating is the "Flat Belly Diet" book from Prevention magazine. It gives portable snacks, eating out tips and meal recipes. I never call it dieting. It is healthy eating and this book has it all. Fruits, vegetables, cheeses, meats and oils. Foods I love. Portion control. Even a work out scaled to increasing metabolism.

Edited by Jaysie
sp.