Your pick dark horse 2010

We know that the Highlands and the Trinitys will be up for a title every year. This thread is not about the power programs that year after year reload blow out every team in sight and win the state title. This thread is for those teams that most years lose more games then they win, but for some reason they make a great run either making the playoffs or making a run in the playoffs who do you pick as your dark horse 2010.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas any one?

Think Glasgow in 2A will be a team with a chance to win the region. I have coached Middle School Football at Monroe Co. the past 5 years and Glasgow's Junior and Senior classes both have a lot of talent in them. Feel Glasgow with compete with Monroe and Green Co. for regional.

Ryle in 6A will make some serious noise this yr in the State as will NewCath in 2A.

I certainly don't think NCC qualifies with regards to the original question. Ryle doesn't either, but I could see a stretch argument being made for the Raiders.

I certainly don't think NCC qualifies with regards to the original question. Ryle doesn't either, but I could see a stretch argument being made for the Raiders.

Ok, then my sleepers in NKY this yr will be Campbell Cty and Holmes. Both teams are loaded with talent and are very, very well coached. This could be Holmes yr to do some damage and surprise some people as Coach Lickerts kids have bought into his program and as far as Campbell Cty goes, this Sr class is the same class that lets just say handled the Birds back in the Frosh days and with the addition of new offensive coordinator Kevin Siple (formerly of Indian Hill, Cinti OH) the Camels may lead the State in alot of offensive categories this yr. I thing both of those programs qualify. JMO, 20n10

I think Trigg Co has an opportunity to be much improved from last year. They had a very young team last yr, but, you could see the talent. That extra year of maturity should help. They play Mayfield in the 2nd game and that should tell us alot about what to expect from those guys...

It dosn't matter that Campbell County was good as Freshman, they will find away to lose. Leading the state or Nky in Offense will not make them a winning program just look at last year all them passing yards and still the second lowest points score in NKY. The new coach will help if they let him.

It dosn't matter that Campbell County was good as Freshman, they will find away to lose. Leading the state or Nky in Offense will not make them a winning program just look at last year all them passing yards and still the second lowest points score in NKY. The new coach will help if they let him.

Now, now, be nice Marley. You should root the old programs on and especially the kids even if you have moved on to greener pastures. This is why they are one of my Darkhorse teams this yr. They have obstacles, but maybe with some new direction on Offense they will prevail. I know alot of those kids and families out there and I wish them nothing but the best. Good Luck Camels. 20n10

Why wouldn't they let Siple do what he was hired to do? I agree with you it does not matter what they day as a freshman class but I think this team will be better than they were last year.

I think Trigg Co has an opportunity to be much improved from last year. They had a very young team last yr, but, you could see the talent. That extra year of maturity should help. They play Mayfield in the 2nd game and that should tell us alot about what to expect from those guys...

I do agree that Trigg will be improved this year, but they will have a tough row to hoe against Murray. Although they were in the Regional Championship last year, Murray returns a lot and could be considered a dark horse in the west.