Trinity 2010

Ram

LN

I did not mean "nice" in the corteous and accomodating sense -- but rather in the "we are just a little ol' Team from St. Matthews with all new kids and we jest be learnin'..so please be gentle."

Whoops sorry about that. I'm quite sure the Rocks will demonstrate that, while young, they are one of the best teams in the State. Should be one heck of a game, I mean scrimmage. :D

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Quick was outstanding. Looks like he grew a couple of inches and the speed was just wow at times. Qb #13 very good. If he is the new sophomore, he will be great over the next couple of years. Good size and speed on both sides. Typical Trinity, a work in progress until the playoffs.

James Quick was outstanding. Looks like he grew a couple of inches and the speed was just wow at times. Qb #13 very good. If he is the new sophomore, he will be great over the next couple of years. Good size and speed on both sides. Typical Trinity, a work in progress until the playoffs.

James can get so much better which is the scary part!! Travis Wright is #13 at QB and seems to have a pretty good hold on the #1 spot right now. Travis was the starter on the freshman team last year and comes from St. Patrick. Cody Wolfe is the transfer out of Florida and wears a #1 practice jersey.

LOL...I wouldn't count on Highlands being "gentle"...and vice versa. This will be a great test for Trinity's young team, but I won't be shocked if t Rocks win by 2 or more scores.

I would be! Unless Trinity is a much improved team from last year they might be in for a long night.

Thoughts after Friday nights Green and White game, I believe the 2010-2011 Rocks are a really fast football team, but very young. It seems that the defense is ahead of the offense, the #1 O's and the #2 O's appeared just as fast and talented as each other, there could be alllot of changes made in those to groups before the start of the season. All QB's looked good, running backs looked a bit confused on some plays but heck it is real early. Coach's seem really excited about this years team . They seems to be more TEAM than "I" on this years team and they are more talented than last years team. I understand that there are maybe only two to four seniors who will see action on the field. This Friday nights exibition at Highlands should be a great one to see, four quarters starters and two quarters for subs, is what I heard friday night. Good Luck Rocks!

I understand that there are maybe only two to four seniors who will see action on the field.

This is really surprising... only 2-4 seniors will play this year at T? What do the seniors (and the parents of the seniors) have to say about this?

Is this because the T underclassmen are just that good, or are the T seniors really down?

Again, this is very shocking if true. I would have to think that at most KY prep football programs (and especially the larger schools with a lot of players on the teams), if a coach only played 2-4 seniors one year the parents of the seniors would raise a BIG stink about it.

This is really surprising... only 2-4 seniors will play this year at T? What do the seniors (and the parents of the seniors) have to say about this?

Is this because the T underclassmen are just that good, or are the T seniors really down?

Again, this is very shocking if true. I would have to think that at most KY prep football programs (and especially the larger schools with a lot of players on the teams), if a coach only played 2-4 seniors one year the parents of the seniors would raise a BIG stink about it.

At Trinity, you go into it knowing that only the best are put on the field, whomever that may be, Junior, Senior or Sophomore. And, I'll just give you a little story. There was a player on my son's frosh team that was apparently quite good. I can't remember exactly, but he was either splitting time, or 2nd string, and him mom raised a stink. She eventually pulled him from Trinity and put him at X. That's not the point of the story though. The point of the story is what Coach Beatty had to say to the frosh team after the whole incident. It was (paraphrased): "Don't EVER have your mommy or daddy make a stink, or you won't play." :lol: I don't think that many can argue with the players that are chosen as starters in most cases. Trinity's success speaks for itself.

I understand what you are saying, but has it EVER happened at Trinity that only 2-4 senior players saw action of the field during the season? I'm thinking that it would be unprecedented for any large-school prep football team in KY to have as few as 2-4 seniors play (forget start, we're talking getting playing time).

T's gonna be scary in 2011!

This may be true at most prep programs in the state. But then again most prep programs haven't won 7 titles in the last 10 years either.

I'm not sure of the validity of the 2-4 number. But I do know, no one at Trinity is going to listen to anyone whining about their kid not playing.

I understand what you are saying, but has it EVER happened at Trinity that only 2-4 senior players saw action of the field during the season? I'm thinking that it would be unprecedented for any large-school prep football team in KY to have as few as 2-4 seniors play (forget start, we're talking getting playing time).

T's gonna be scary in 2011!

jbw

Not being from Jeff. Co. - I know you are not aware of some of the demographics. AS I understand it --the Senior Class of many of the local schools is "way down" this year. One of those things which happen now and again -- sort of like the vernal equinox. WE may only have 12-15 Sr's on this years team.

Also if I am not mistaken (and I am sure Park or someone will correct me) that St. X may only have 20 or so Sr's. So it seems to be county-wide.

Our parents don't "raise a stink" -- but if they do -- then they are in the wrong place.

We will just show up every Friday and do the best we can.:thumb: