Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 2010

Featured Replies

jbw

 

Not being from Jeff. Co. - I know you are not aware of some of the demographics. AS I understand it --the Senior Class of many of the local schools is "way down" this year. One of those things which happen now and again -- sort of like the vernal equinox. WE may only have 12-15 Sr's on this years team.

 

Also if I am not mistaken (and I am sure Park or someone will correct me) that St. X may only have 20 or so Sr's. So it seems to be county-wide.

 

Our parents don't "raise a stink" -- but if they do -- then they are in the wrong place.

 

We will just show up every Friday and do the best we can.:thumb:

Thanks for the explanation... that makes sense. I was thinking T probably had like 45 or so seniors on the team, and it shocked me to think that as few as 2 out of 45 would play.

 

Note to T supporters: please don't take my questions about this topic to mean I am taking a jab at T. Trinity has an amazing tradition and has been dominant in the sport of football in the past 10 years. They have a first-class program!

 

And to build upon what I said in a previous post... I don't know what kind of a year T will have this season, but given how many underclassmen are playing in 2010, LOOK OUT in 2011!

  • Replies 155
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, I think your numbers are correct..... from what I'm hearing X and T have 37 senior football players combined this year.

Jim, I think your numbers are correct..... from what I'm hearing X and T have 37 senior football players combined this year.

 

Park

 

I am glad to know that I was not too far off. Just a down year all the way around. Would be curious about some of the JCPS schools if they were experiencing the same thing. Maybe there was alot of good tv and/or movies 17-18 years ago.:sssh:

I think there are only about 15 seniors on the entire team. (The basketball team has only one.) I believe for some demographic reason the number of seniors enrolled all across Jefferson County is down. I think Coach Beatty has decided to operate under a meritocracy rather than an aristocracy this year. I see no problem with that. That's kind of the way real life is, isn't it?

I guess we're a bit of an anomaly at Ballard. We have 29 seniors this season (had 21 and 22 the previous 2 seasons).

 

And I can't believe there's even a discussion about 'meritocracy' vs. 'aristocracy' and high school football coaches. We defer to seniors...so long as they're the player we trust most at their position! (Actually, all our 'priority' stuff -- who gets new equipment, number choice, who eats first at camp, etc. -- is based 100% on who was most committed in the off-season; this year, a Freshman-to-be was #4 on the priority list because he never missed a day in the off-season and participated in our off-days quarterback school.)

 

Last year, we replaced a senior with a 'hungry, eager-to-please' sophomore after our 3rd game and it turned us around on defense. That kid is a junior LEADER for us now...and best yet, he knows if he gets complacent, we won't hesitate a second to replace him with someone younger.

 

I know Coach Beatty (or any other coach in America) is no different - I remember quite well Bernard Jackson, Tendai Charisika, etc, etc, playing quite a bit at X before their senior year.

I guess we're a bit of an anomaly at Ballard. We have 29 seniors this season (had 21 and 22 the previous 2 seasons).

 

And I can't believe there's even a discussion about 'meritocracy' vs. 'aristocracy' and high school football coaches. We defer to seniors...so long as they're the player we trust most at their position! (Actually, all our 'priority' stuff -- who gets new equipment, number choice, who eats first at camp, etc. -- is based 100% on who was most committed in the off-season; this year, a Freshman-to-be was #4 on the priority list because he never missed a day in the off-season and participated in our off-days quarterback school.)

 

Last year, we replaced a senior with a 'hungry, eager-to-please' sophomore after our 3rd game and it turned us around on defense. That kid is a junior LEADER for us now...and best yet, he knows if he gets complacent, we won't hesitate a second to replace him with someone younger.

 

I know Coach Beatty (or any other coach in America) is no different - I remember quite well Bernard Jackson, Tendai Charisika, etc, etc, playing quite a bit at X before their senior year.

 

Coach;

 

That is as it should be. "Every day a job interview." Interesting to hear your Senior #'s are up -- you may very well be the exception this year.

Jim, I think your numbers are correct..... from what I'm hearing X and T have 37 senior football players combined this year.

 

Park, you are usually spot on with your St. X. information, but you are WAY OFF on this. St. X. actually has 43 seniors who played as juniors last season. Check your roster on saintx.com.

 

This current senior class at Trinity started out with about 75 players as freshmen, but for some unknown reason has suffered a lot of attrition over the last three years, bringing the number of seniors down all the way to 16 (reference the 2010-2011 roster on the Trinity web site).

Not saying you're wrong here Oxnard, but it is a 2009 roster listed at saintx.com.

Not saying you're wrong here Oxnard, but it is a 2009 roster listed at saintx.com.

 

Do you actually think that 43 juniors who played varsity for St. X. last season would diminish to just 21 seniors this season (especially when we do not have a talent-rich junior class)? Trust me, I'm not wrong on this. This class started with 106 freshmen and is now at 43, which is the normal percentage loss for X going from freshmen to senior. Based on my observations over the years, Trinity also usually starts with around 100 and ends with 40-45 by the time they are seniors.

 

By the way, I do have a question for you. Why have so many players who are currently seniors at Trinity quit the football program? Something really weird must have occurred along the way for a football class which began at approximately 75 as freshmen to drop to only 16 as seniors. I know the 75 is a low starting point for the Rocks (which maybe can be blamed on strange "demographics" for a single year), but the monstrous drop from 75 to 16 has nothing to do with "demographics". What happened?

Do you actually think that 43 juniors who played varsity for St. X. last season would diminish to just 21 seniors this season (especially when we do not have a talent-rich junior class)? Trust me, I'm not wrong on this. This class started with 106 freshmen and is now at 43, which is the normal percentage loss for X going from freshmen to senior. Based on my observations over the years, Trinity also usually starts with around 100 and ends with 40-45 by the time they are seniors.

 

By the way, I do have a question for you. Why have so many players who are currently seniors at Trinity quit the football program? Something really weird must have occurred along the way for a football class which began at approximately 75 as freshmen to drop to only 16 as seniors. I know the 75 is a low starting point for the Rocks (which maybe can be blamed on strange "demographics" for a single year), but the monstrous drop from 75 to 16 has nothing to do with "demographics". What happened?

 

OX

We very much appreciate your concern over the 'health' of our program.:idunno:

By the way, I do have a question for you. Why have so many players who are currently seniors at Trinity quit the football program? Something really weird must have occurred along the way for a football class which began at approximately 75 as freshmen to drop to only 16 as seniors. I know the 75 is a low starting point for the Rocks (which maybe can be blamed on strange "demographics" for a single year), but the monstrous drop from 75 to 16 has nothing to do with "demographics". What happened?

 

Coach Beatty kicked 42 of them off because they were too slow.

They could not afford all of the state championship rings. Having to buy so many in a row was quite expensive.

Coach Beatty kicked 42 of them off because they were too slow.

 

That and maybe their GPA's were too high!

Do you actually think that 43 juniors who played varsity for St. X. last season would diminish to just 21 seniors this season (especially when we do not have a talent-rich junior class)? Trust me, I'm not wrong on this. This class started with 106 freshmen and is now at 43, which is the normal percentage loss for X going from freshmen to senior. Based on my observations over the years, Trinity also usually starts with around 100 and ends with 40-45 by the time they are seniors.

 

By the way, I do have a question for you. Why have so many players who are currently seniors at Trinity quit the football program? Something really weird must have occurred along the way for a football class which began at approximately 75 as freshmen to drop to only 16 as seniors. I know the 75 is a low starting point for the Rocks (which maybe can be blamed on strange "demographics" for a single year), but the monstrous drop from 75 to 16 has nothing to do with "demographics". What happened?

 

What part of "not saying you're wrong here" don't you understand? I'm not questioning you're knowledge if St. X athletics, I'm simply saying the roster online is not the current. Is it not?

 

As to you're question to me, I haven't the slightest clue, but 69 and RP's responses were both pretty funny!:lol:

Coach Beatty kicked 42 of them off because they were too slow.

 

There have been a number of hilarious responses to the question I posed, but maybe this one is the closest to the truth. It seems like all the Rock fans have strangely adopted the Sargeant Shultz philosophy...."I know nothing."

 

By the way, I think that Trinity may have its best ever team this year (at least until next year, when the young Rocks are one year older).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.