Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 2010

Featured Replies

The Rock Faithful are adhering to the old saying what happens at Trinity stays at Trinity.

I really don't believe that anything actually did happen for so many seniors to quit football. Football at T & X is a real life full time job and some kids have other ideas about their high school years. Maybe they also saw what young talent was behind them, I believe that happened some last year the seniors were a bit taken back by the talent of the young Rocks.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like all the Rock fans have strangely adopted the Sargeant Shultz philosophy...."I know nothing."

 

I know one kid's father was let go from his job here locally and moved to Oklahoma. Another kid gave up football to focus on basketball (no longer playing btw). I know of two kids who transferred, to where I don't know. One young man had to give up playing because of injury. Anyone on the other 54? Maybe they valued their time at the pool too much during the summer.

Do you actually think that 43 juniors who played varsity for St. X. last season would diminish to just 21 seniors this season (especially when we do not have a talent-rich junior class)? Trust me, I'm not wrong on this. This class started with 106 freshmen and is now at 43, which is the normal percentage loss for X going from freshmen to senior. Based on my observations over the years, Trinity also usually starts with around 100 and ends with 40-45 by the time they are seniors.

 

By the way, I do have a question for you. Why have so many players who are currently seniors at Trinity quit the football program? Something really weird must have occurred along the way for a football class which began at approximately 75 as freshmen to drop to only 16 as seniors. I know the 75 is a low starting point for the Rocks (which maybe can be blamed on strange "demographics" for a single year), but the monstrous drop from 75 to 16 has nothing to do with "demographics". What happened?

 

OX

 

In doing some futher checking today, that apparently what was we had to do in order to keep the Tiger's from either (a) Dropping football altogether or (b) Dropping down to 8-man. :D

I know one kid's father was let go from his job here locally and moved to Oklahoma. Another kid gave up football to focus on basketball (no longer playing btw). I know of two kids who transferred, to where I don't know. One young man had to give up playing because of injury. Anyone on the other 54? Maybe they valued their time at the pool too much during the summer.

 

I really liked the "too many rings and not enough fingers"--- as well as the "too slow" reasons.

  • Author
I really liked the "too many rings and not enough fingers"--- as well as the "too slow" reasons.

Top 10 reasons Trinity had to trim some players:

10. All players have to fit in the "Player Box", and there just wasn't enough room.

9. Sprints at the end of practice were taking way to long.

8. Number 102 won't fit on the jersey.

7. Saying you're the 12th string left guard just isn't fun any more.

6. Do you know how much 145 football helmets cost?

5. Somebody has to be in the student section.

4. How many "Jimmys and Joes" can you really have.

3. To many rings and not enough fingers.

2. Some players were just too slow.

1. Obama

Top 10 reasons Trinity had to trim some players:

10. All players have to fit in the "Player Box", and there just wasn't enough room.

9. Sprints at the end of practice were taking way to long.

8. Number 102 won't fit on the jersey.

7. Saying you're the 12th string left guard just isn't fun any more.

6. Do you know how much 145 football helmets cost?

5. Somebody has to be in the student section.

4. How many "Jimmys and Joes" can you really have.

3. To many rings and not enough fingers.

2. Some players were just too slow.

1. Obama

 

 

Classic !!! :lol::lol:

Top 10 reasons Trinity had to trim some players:

10. All players have to fit in the "Player Box", and there just wasn't enough room.

9. Sprints at the end of practice were taking way to long.

8. Number 102 won't fit on the jersey.

7. Saying you're the 12th string left guard just isn't fun any more.

6. Do you know how much 145 football helmets cost?

5. Somebody has to be in the student section.

4. How many "Jimmys and Joes" can you really have.

3. To many rings and not enough fingers.

2. Some players were just too slow.

1. Obama

 

Now that really is some funny stuff! :lol::lol::lol: But I was actually thinking it was Tubby's fault!

  • Author
Now that really is some funny stuff! :lol::lol::lol: But I was actually thinking it was Tubby's fault!

 

It's a tomato, tomoto thing. You can substitute as you wish.:lol:

Last man in the 40 yard sprint at the end of practice each day has to polish all of the championship trophies.

Ox, I checked saintx.com and did not find the 2010 roster. I did see the 2009 roster and saw there were 43 juniors on the roster last year. I hope they all did come back and you are correct.

I apologize if this is one one of the two preceding pages but I saw in Demling's blog a mention about a soph DE who is rated very high nationally in his class.

 

Anyone?

I apologize if this is one one of the two preceding pages but I saw in Demling's blog a mention about a soph DE who is rated very high nationally in his class.

 

Anyone?

 

I would imagine he is referring to Jason Hatcher, & he is gonna be a beast!

I apologize if this is one one of the two preceding pages but I saw in Demling's blog a mention about a soph DE who is rated very high nationally in his class.

 

Anyone?

 

Big time monster. Some say he's the best on the team all together.

He reminds me of Jordan Whitting.

There have been a number of hilarious responses to the question I posed, but maybe this one is the closest to the truth. It seems like all the Rock fans have strangely adopted the Sargeant Shultz philosophy...."I know nothing."

 

By the way, I think that Trinity may have its best ever team this year (at least until next year, when the young Rocks are one year older).

 

 

If this team even approaches the 2002 squad I would be shocked and there are many who would argue that the 02 team wasn't even the best we have ever had. I am wondering what is prompting you to start digging your flood barrier so soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.