Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 2010

Featured Replies

It's a tomato, tomoto thing. You can substitute as you wish.:lol:

 

 

Oh I could substitute alright!!! :lol::lol::lol:

  • Replies 155
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did I click on this thread again? :idunno:

 

AL

 

Because down deep you "like us...you really like us.":D

Alabama Larry, you are just a bit lonely, that's why you keep an eye on us at the Rock Land!!

Hatcher is much bigger (as in taller) and faster than Whiting. Jordon Whiting was a much more physical looking as a Sophmore.

Trinity's current Senior class struggled as Freshman and they lost most of their players going into their sophomore year. As they have progressed alot of players found themselves wedged between a stronger group before them and arguably the most talented two clases to ever step foot on Trinity's campus. Beatty has been salivating over the current Junior and Sophomore class for two years now so the writing was on the wall for alot of these kids. Most of this class just moved on to other sports, baseball, lacrosse, wrestling or just being a student.

I think we will be just fine. Please tell OX and his brothers to not worry about us and pretend we aren't even here.:sssh:

My assessment of T having seen them play against Highlands:

 

Besides the obvious assessment that Quick is a very nice football player, I was very impressed with T's offensive line. Granted that T's short passing game makes it very tough for the D to get to the QB, I was nonetheless impressed with T's pass blocking and also their run blocking. The O line moved well, always (well, at least every time I made a point of watching) took the correct first step and shifted their feet and body well to maintain their blocks. Just a very nice, mobile and well coached O line. RBs ran well. QB did a nice job, particularly for a sophomore. Doesn't have the strongest of arms, then again he's only a sophomore and besides, I'm not sure he needs one in T's offense. Had good technique and set his feet well on the naked bootlegs. I see T scoring a lot of points this year.

 

On D, obviously there's work to be done on pass defense (particularly against the deep ball). Some one posted that with the new D coordinator, there has been a change in coverage philosophy. If true, that could explain some of the problems I saw. Nice but inconsistent pass rush by the D line. Lbers looked pretty good in pass coverage (did Highlands complete any passes short, over the middle?). Run defense was somewhat inconsistent. Very good at times; not so good others. More work to be done on the D than the O (which I know is obvious given the score).

 

Kicking game looked okay; not spectacular. Kicker has a nice leg and made the endzone a couple of times. I don't recall T even punting. Did they? I can't say for certain if T's kickoff returns will be strong, as Highlands kicker made the endzone every time with the exception of one and on that one, it hit the leg of an middle returner I think and went out of bounds. But with Quick back deep returning kicks, I have to believe that if he gets the chance to return a kick, he's going to take it a long way. Won't surprise me if every team without a kicker capable of making the endzone squib kicks it to keep it out of Quick's hands.

 

All in all, a very nice football team. Will they win state? No clue as I haven't seen X or any other 6A team this season. But it's another in long string of talented, disciplined and well coached T teams.

My assessment of T having seen them play against Highlands:

 

Besides the obvious assessment that Quick is a very nice football player, I was very impressed with T's offensive line. Granted that T's short passing game makes it very tough for the D to get to the QB, I was nonetheless impressed with T's pass blocking and also their run blocking. The O line moved well, always (well, at least every time I made a point of watching) took the correct first step and shifted their feet and body well to maintain their blocks. Just a very nice, mobile and well coached O line. RBs ran well. QB did a nice job, particularly for a sophomore. Doesn't have the strongest of arms, then again he's only a sophomore and besides, I'm not sure he needs one in T's offense. Had good technique and set his feet well on the naked bootlegs. I see T scoring a lot of points this year.

 

On D, obviously there's work to be done on pass defense (particularly against the deep ball). Some one posted that with the new D coordinator, there has been a change in coverage philosophy. If true, that could explain some of the problems I saw. Nice but inconsistent pass rush by the D line. Lbers looked pretty good in pass coverage (did Highlands complete any passes short, over the middle?). Run defense was somewhat inconsistent. Very good at times; not so good others. More work to be done on the D than the O (which I know is obvious given the score).

 

Kicking game looked okay; not spectacular. Kicker has a nice leg and made the endzone a couple of times. I don't recall T even punting. Did they? I can't say for certain if T's kickoff returns will be strong, as Highlands kicker made the endzone every time with the exception of one and on that one, it hit the leg of an middle returner I think and went out of bounds. But with Quick back deep returning kicks, I have to believe that if he gets the chance to return a kick, he's going to take it a long way. Won't surprise me if every team without a kicker capable of making the endzone squib kicks it to keep it out of Quick's hands.

 

All in all, a very nice football team. Will they win state? No clue as I haven't seen X or any other 6A team this season. But it's another in long string of talented, disciplined and well coached T teams.

 

LN

 

Thanks for the thorough and insightful assesment. It is appreciated. My hope was that this contest - would point out areas of needed improvement against a top-flight and quality opponent. Hopefully it helped you guys as well. A win-win.

I am worried as should all in 6A. With the numbers Trinity put on the mighty Highlands team they would seem to be unstoppable. I am concerned about their defense also. Despite the number of points the Bluebirds amassed on the Shamrocks, they probalbly held Highlands to one of their lowest offensive scoring games of the upcoming season.:sssh:

I am worried as should all in 6A. With the numbers Trinity put on the mighty Highlands team they would seem to be unstoppable. I am concerned about their defense also. Despite the number of points the Bluebirds amassed on the Shamrocks, they probalbly held Highlands to one of their lowest offensive scoring games of the upcoming season.:sssh:

 

Alan;

 

There you go again talking about that 'briar patch." No need to be concerned about us -- we are young and still learning.:idunno:

My assessment of T having seen them play against Highlands:

 

Besides the obvious assessment that Quick is a very nice football player, I was very impressed with T's offensive line. Granted that T's short passing game makes it very tough for the D to get to the QB, I was nonetheless impressed with T's pass blocking and also their run blocking. The O line moved well, always (well, at least every time I made a point of watching) took the correct first step and shifted their feet and body well to maintain their blocks. Just a very nice, mobile and well coached O line. RBs ran well. QB did a nice job, particularly for a sophomore. Doesn't have the strongest of arms, then again he's only a sophomore and besides, I'm not sure he needs one in T's offense. Had good technique and set his feet well on the naked bootlegs. I see T scoring a lot of points this year.

 

On D, obviously there's work to be done on pass defense (particularly against the deep ball). Some one posted that with the new D coordinator, there has been a change in coverage philosophy. If true, that could explain some of the problems I saw. Nice but inconsistent pass rush by the D line. Lbers looked pretty good in pass coverage (did Highlands complete any passes short, over the middle?). Run defense was somewhat inconsistent. Very good at times; not so good others. More work to be done on the D than the O (which I know is obvious given the score).

 

Kicking game looked okay; not spectacular. Kicker has a nice leg and made the endzone a couple of times. I don't recall T even punting. Did they? I can't say for certain if T's kickoff returns will be strong, as Highlands kicker made the endzone every time with the exception of one and on that one, it hit the leg of an middle returner I think and went out of bounds. But with Quick back deep returning kicks, I have to believe that if he gets the chance to return a kick, he's going to take it a long way. Won't surprise me if every team without a kicker capable of making the endzone squib kicks it to keep it out of Quick's hands.

 

All in all, a very nice football team. Will they win state? No clue as I haven't seen X or any other 6A team this season. But it's another in long string of talented, disciplined and well coached T teams.

 

Agree with this however; more importantly, Beatty will have the correct kids playing at the end of the season- and that may mean we see some players going both ways!

Agree with this however; more importantly, Beatty will have the correct kids playing at the end of the season- and that may mean we see some players going both ways!

 

IMO Quick will be WR/KR/PR/DB and Hatcher will be DE or LB and TE in games that are competitive.

IMO Quick will be WR/KR/PR/DB and Hatcher will be DE or LB and TE in games that are competitive.

 

OX

 

Have you shared those thoughts w/ Coach B ?:sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.