Is Bieger out at Cooper?

I understand some of your arguments. The only thing that I have a problem with is doing in front for everyone to see and embarassing young kids. There are ways to get your point across and doing it infront for everyone to see is not one of them. The program is fairly new which means, they have younger kids playing up that may be outmatched. The information that I received from a parent that it all started because they were losing.

Well, I'm not trying to say I think he was definitively in the right or in the wrong - especially seeing as I wasn't there and I haven't even spoken with anyone who was. I guess I'm just trying to add a little perspective on who Bob is, what he's about, and a few of my own personal thoughts on coaching.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Typo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His kids were not outmatched Saturday. They were playing a Villa team that only had 14 players total in the program and 9 are freshman.

I understand what you are saying, but from I hear this isnt the first problem they have had there. I think this is pretty much, "the straw that broke the camels back". So to speak....

Understanding that Cooper told Bieger to practice the team on Saturday and then coach districts. Beiger apparently responded with "I'll coach districts but I'm not practicing."

I find that hard to believe but we will see tomorrow when they have practice.

He did not. The assistant coaches set up a parent/player pizza party for after practice. Coach Bieger was told that "NO" parents were on his side and elected not to be a distraction (from what I'm told by someone very close). I would not say that "NO" parents are on his side though. MOST parents just didn't like the delivery of the message, but agreed with what he said. Time to let it go and see how it plays out.

Edited by hja1224
spelling

The "softness" of America continues. I feel sorry for coaches nowadays. Look at the situation at Campbell County for boys basketball and this one, and it is clear the inmates are running the asylum. Coaches can't coach. Parents don't parent and the kids suffer from a lack of discipline in the long run. I think I am going to start learning Chinese.

The "softness" of America continues. I feel sorry for coaches nowadays. Look at the situation at Campbell County for boys basketball and this one, and it is clear the inmates are running the asylum. Coaches can't coach. Parents don't parent and the kids suffer from a lack of discipline in the long run. I think I am going to start learning Chinese.

I agree.... other than the Chinese part.

I completely agree. A wise coach once told me that parents tend to see with their hearts and not their eyes. By no means am I trying to bash parents though as they are always a huge part of programs. Just starting to notice that parents are more worried about their son/daughter playing than them learning the values of hard working and being able to work and support other members of the team.

• 2 weeks later...
I hear that coach Bieger is back for next year. It was also announced that Coach Borchers is the new AD. Congrats to both.

Isn't Borchers the football coach? If he is, did he step down from coaching since I was lead to believe that Boone County Schools doesn't allow administrators to be coaches?