Time to worry about big cats?

20ROOK

Folks, I am here to tell you, there was an alarming number of coyotes this spring turkey season. A Sheriff should consult his associates at the dept of fish and wildlife before making statements that will raise the level of paranoia in the community. perhaps set up some game cameras. Ain't no panthers, ain't no cougars, ain't no leopards, ain't no Bengal Tigers, ain't no....you get the point. There may be a fluke out there from a captive that has been released or gotten loose. Those goats were likely mutilated by coyotes who are currently feeding heavily with pups. Seems way more logical than some wompus cat or Freddy Krueger.

That's good.:laugh:

Edited by atticus7
Andy disappeared and was meant to be in bold.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as big cats, in 25 years of hunting these beautiful mountains of SE KY, I have never seen so much as a track from one. Like Doc said, plenty of coyotes and I continue to do my part to control them.... I noticed plenty of bear tracks this spring, more and more each year.

As far as big cats, in 25 years of hunting these beautiful mountains of SE KY, I have never seen so much as a track from one. Like Doc said, plenty of coyotes and I continue to do my part to control them.... I noticed plenty of bear tracks this spring, more and more each year.

It's been mentioned recently that bears have moved with more frequency beyond I-75 and have been seen as far west as Elizabethtown and as far north as Campbell County. So I don't doubt for a second that there are more bears this year.

But I agree with you, I've heard these panther stories my whole life. And there might be one or two around (as someone else mentioned, likely runaways from captivity), but I don't believe it and won't believe until one is dead and photographed.

It's been mentioned recently that bears have moved with more frequency beyond I-75 and have been seen as far west as Elizabethtown and as far north as Campbell County. So I don't doubt for a second that there are more bears this year.

But I agree with you, I've heard these panther stories my whole life. And there might be one or two around (as someone else mentioned, likely runaways from captivity), but I don't believe it and won't believe until one is dead and photographed.

Or until you see one.

I have hunted as much as anyone in my 48 years and I've never seen one either (while hunting).

Folks, I am here to tell you, there was an alarming number of coyotes this spring turkey season. A Sheriff should consult his associates at the dept of fish and wildlife before making statements that will raise the level of paranoia in the community. If Andy needs some proof, perhaps set up some game cameras. Ain't no panthers, ain't no cougars, ain't no leopards, ain't no Bengal Tigers, ain't no....you get the point. There may be a fluke out there from a captive that has been released or gotten loose. Those goats were likely mutilated by coyotes who are currently feeding heavily with pups. Seems way more logical than some wompus cat or Freddy Krueger.
You must work for KDFW.

Folks, I am here to tell you, there was an alarming number of coyotes this spring turkey season. A Sheriff should consult his associates at the dept of fish and wildlife before making statements that will raise the level of paranoia in the community. If Andy needs some proof, perhaps set up some game cameras. Ain't no panthers, ain't no cougars, ain't no leopards, ain't no Bengal Tigers, ain't no....you get the point. There may be a fluke out there from a captive that has been released or gotten loose. Those goats were likely mutilated by coyotes who are currently feeding heavily with pups. Seems way more logical than some wompus cat or Freddy Krueger.

I have lost a little faith Spin Doc. Everyone knows that a Plain Whompus Cat, also known as the Meadow Whompus Cat, only eats birds, The Auger Tail Whompus Cat is the goat and sheep killer. They use their spring like auger tail to burrow down into the ground and when the unsuspecting sheep or goat walk over them. They spring from the ground propelled by their spring loaded tail and it's bye bye goat. Their favorite food is he Six Toed Chicken Monkey. I'm sure you have seen them though. They are everywhere. Anywhere you find the Six Toed Chicken Monkey, you will find Auger Tails.

I have lost a little faith Spin Doc. Everyone knows that a Plain Whompus Cat, also known as the Meadow Whompus Cat, only eats birds, The Auger Tail Whompus Cat is the goat and sheep killer. They use their spring like auger tail to burrow down into the ground and when the unsuspecting sheep or goat walk over them. They spring from the ground propelled by their spring loaded tail and it's bye bye goat. Their favorite food is he Six Toed Chicken Monkey. I'm sure you have seen them though. They are everywhere. Anywhere you find the Six Toed Chicken Monkey, you will find Auger Tails.
Now that's good stuff!!:lol: