Time to worry about big cats?

20ROOK

4 sightings in the last week in Owen County of a black panther. I wonder is it just a big house cat? My son and his girlfriend claim to have seen one last saturday on their way home from my house. I had my wonders until tonight when he seen it turn over his trash barrel in his back yard, which is a 55 gal. metal drum 3/4 full. When she came home she seen it at the edge of their driveway. Can a housecat turn over a 55 gallon drum barrel? I don't think so. . What should they do if they see it again? I say shoot it if its that close to the house, besides there is no law against shooting a 100 lb housecat is there?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 sightings in the last week in Owen County of a black panther. I wonder is it just a big house cat? My son and his girlfriend claim to have seen one last saturday on their way home from my house. I had my wonders until tonight when he seen it turn over his trash barrel in his back yard, which is a 55 gal. metal drum 3/4 full. When she came home she seen it at the edge of their driveway. Can a housecat turn over a 55 gallon drum barrel? I don't think so. . What should they do if they see it again? I say shoot it if its that close to the house, besides there is no law against shooting a 100 lb housecat is there?

I say shoot it if it is in range, close to the house or not.

The three that I have seen were light brown in color. The one that my son and his girlfriend seen twice was black with a big head and small round ears. From looking at pics, I saw a cougar and they saw a jaguar?

Do people doubt Panthers live in KY? I have seen one in EKY and I know a few others who have as well.

I wouldn't go as far as to say no way do they live in KY but if they do they are far and few in between. I will also say that the majority of people that claim to have seen them either saw something else and that it was a cougar or are just plain full of it.

There have been cases of cougars found as far north as Chicago that were traced to breeds that are native to Florida. So to think there aren't a few that have miagrated to KY is probably a little naive. I will say that not only do black panthers/cougars not exist in KY they just flat don't exist. I have seen many threads on different sites of people claiming to have seen black panthers. Some even have pictures but the only thing they all have in common is the pics are all pretty much the same quality as every big foot pic I've seen. Also, no one has ever killed one or even found one dead.

Do people doubt Panthers live in KY? I have seen one in EKY and I know a few others who have as well.

A whole bunch of them have been sighted in Ludlow, a few in Augusta, and quite a few in Fleming County :D

Not calling anyone full of bologna by any stretch, but if there are "panthers" here in KY they have been let go from someone who had an exotic pet. No reason or correlation that mountain lions have migrated this direction from the west, and the others simply aren't native. Jaguars and Panthers and Tigers and Cheetahs and all the rest simply aren't native. I'd like to see pictures that were authentic, not photoshopped. But by all means, if you see one, shoot it. Then please take the pic and post it in here. There have been some jaguar shootings in Louisville. Drive-by shootings at a few XJS's.

Not calling anyone full of bologna by any stretch, but if there are "panthers" here in KY they have been let go from someone who had an exotic pet. No reason or correlation that mountain lions have migrated this direction from the west, and the others simply aren't native. Jaguars and Panthers and Tigers and Cheetahs and all the rest simply aren't native. I'd like to see pictures that were authentic, not photoshopped. But by all means, if you see one, shoot it. Then please take the pic and post it in here. There have been some jaguar shootings in Louisville. Drive-by shootings at a few XJS's.

:thumb:

Folks, I am here to tell you, there was an alarming number of coyotes this spring turkey season. A Sheriff should consult his associates at the dept of fish and wildlife before making statements that will raise the level of paranoia in the community. If Andy needs some proof, perhaps set up some game cameras. Ain't no panthers, ain't no cougars, ain't no leopards, ain't no Bengal Tigers, ain't no....you get the point. There may be a fluke out there from a captive that has been released or gotten loose. Those goats were likely mutilated by coyotes who are currently feeding heavily with pups. Seems way more logical than some wompus cat or Freddy Krueger.