Scott County players

Who can give an update on the Scott County players as to which school they will be attending?

The Rivals.com site has Dakota Euton commiting to Akron as of 11-6-09.

It lists G'lawn Guyn as having offers from Ball St., Coastal Carolina, South Florida, and Western Kentucky. I have heard the mention of prep school lately. Has G'lawn academically qualified or would the move to a prep school be to allow him to improve his scholarship offers?

I have heard that Chad Jackson was attending James Madison University, but yet Rivals.com makes no mention of that. They do list that Chad has offers from West Virginia and Xavier University.

What about the Flannery and Shotwell kids?

Does anyone have the update from Georgetown, Kentucky?

Who can give an update on the Scott County players as to which school they will be attending?

The Rivals.com site has Dakota Euton commiting to Akron as of 11-6-09.

It lists G'lawn Guyn as having offers from Ball St., Coastal Carolina, South Florida, and Western Kentucky. I have heard the mention of prep school lately. Has G'lawn academically qualified or would the move to a prep school be to allow him to improve his scholarship offers?

I have heard that Chad Jackson was attending James Madison University, but yet Rivals.com makes no mention of that. They do list that Chad has offers from West Virginia and Xavier University.

What about the Flannery and Shotwell kids?

Does anyone have the update from Georgetown, Kentucky?

Flannery signed with an NAIA or Division II school in Ohio. Shotwell is a junior.

I don't believe Flannery has signed yet. As I understand it, he received an offer.

He hasn't signed because 6'1 one dimensional streaky shooting guards are a dime a dozen. If he improves his ball handling and passing he could play on the next level but not D2

He hasn't signed because 6'1 one dimensional streaky shooting guards are a dime a dozen. If he improves his ball handling and passing he could play on the next level but not D2

By looking at your previous quotes, you don't have anything positive to say about anybody or anything!

From what I'm told, Flannery has not signed because of other offers on the table. He currently has offers from Walsh University, Asbury University, James Madison and NKU. Other schools have shown interest but these are the schools that he has narrowed it down to. He was at Asbury Unviersity today on a visit.

And by looking at the stats on KHSAA's website, he is 6'3" and averaged double digits shooting over 50% from the field and 40% from three. Doesn't look like a streaky shooting guard to me.

Hate to say this but he will play at the next level whether you think he can or can't.:D

Just got done speaking with Austin Flannery. He informed me that he has committed to Asbury College to play basketball next year.

Austin was part of the Shining Star Sports-McFarland 2009 AAU State Championship team.

Congrats to Austin and his family!!

By looking at your previous quotes, you don't have anything positive to say about anybody or anything!

From what I'm told, Flannery has not signed because of other offers on the table. He currently has offers from Walsh University, Asbury University, James Madison and NKU. Other schools have shown interest but these are the schools that he has narrowed it down to. He was at Asbury Unviersity today on a visit.

And by looking at the stats on KHSAA's website, he is 6'3" and averaged double digits shooting over 50% from the field and 40% from three. Doesn't look like a streaky shooting guard to me.

Hate to say this but he will play at the next level whether you think he can or can't.:D

Contrary to what you might think, I just tell it like I see it. My intention is not to bring people down and if it is taken negative then that is out of my control. My point is that he is limited and even though he probably will play at the next level, he will need to find the right fit to suit his skills....which is a set shooter.....and a good one. He does need to be more consistent. Final stats are always misleading. Best of luck to him

Contrary to what you might think, I just tell it like I see it. My intention is not to bring people down and if it is taken negative then that is out of my control. My point is that he is limited and even though he probably will play at the next level, he will need to find the right fit to suit his skills....which is a set shooter.....and a good one. He does need to be more consistent. Final stats are always misleading. Best of luck to him

Then I believe Flannery has found the right fit. Asbury has a former UK walk-on in Adam Delph at the point and they play the run and gun style. They would rather out score a team so he can set up in the corner and knock down those threes.

I went to several Scott Co. games this year and one thing I noticed about him was how his all around game has improved. I thought he passed the ball very well and he rebounded and defended good. I also seen him score some off the dribble and around the basket. When he was a junior I would have considered all those things maybe even a weakness for him. Just talking to me and some of my friends we all thought he really improved.

I'm sorry you can't control talking negatively about high school kids. Thats tough.

Is he talking negatively or simply assessing the kid's skills?

He inaccurately depicted Flannery IMO. Hes probably 6-3 and a very good shooter. I thought he depicted him inaccurately. I'd much rather talk positively about high school kids rather than call a kid a dime a dozen who is very talented.