This about says it all

tigershark

“This vote calls into question the capability of KHSAA… to deal with the issue and others like it. Their response to strong competition is not harder work, it’s changing the rules. If the superintendents… would bring the same commitment to education…Kentucky wouldn’t be 50th in just about everything.”

Senator Tim Shaughnessy, D-Louisville

Louisville Courier-Journal October 21st, 2005

This about says it all, soon the KHSAA Public School Division will be a watered down “B” division that will not be able to compete with schools from other states, and yes the KHSAA will soon join the State’s Education Department as one of the worst in the country.

It also calls into the light the reality of the arrogance of the private schools. A warning shot was given 2 years ago when a proposal was presented to eliminate any student that received financial aid from varsity action. It failed because it eliminated kids from playing. This one passed, and I am still surprised it did, because it does not eliminate any kids from playing.

The privates ignored the warning shot and took the position that they cannot do anything to us because we are the KHSAA and anything less is just a poor league. The 48 schools are EVERYTHING to the KHSAA. Their arrogance has cost them. Now that they have received a slap across the face, HOPEFULLY, all sides can sit down and work something out to prevent the separation but solve the issues that 198 public schools feels exist. The privates can choose to take the role of the Democrats and whine like the D's did after they lost Florida (and the BGP private school posters are doing) or take a role of being visionaries and presenting a workable solution to this issue.

The private school posters have taken numerous shots at the public schools as whiners. Now it is the same group's turn to see how the other shoe is going to fit them. Do they whine like they have been attacking the public schools for or be visionaries?

“This vote calls into question the capability of KHSAA… to deal with the issue and others like it. Their response to strong competition is not harder work, it’s changing the rules. If the superintendents… would bring the same commitment to education…Kentucky wouldn’t be 50th in just about everything.”

This about says it all, soon the KHSAA Public School Division will be a watered down “B” division that will not be able to compete with schools from other states, and yes the KHSAA will soon join the State’s Education Department as one of the worst in the country.

Amen, for the arrogance.

:laugh: :laugh:

It also calls into the light the reality of the arrogance of the private schools. A warning shot was given 2 years ago when a proposal was presented to eliminate any student that received financial aid from varsity action. It failed because it eliminated kids from playing. This one passed, and I am still surprised it did, because it does not eliminate any kids from playing.

The privates ignored the warning shot and took the position that they cannot do anything to us because we are the KHSAA and anything less is just a poor league. The 48 schools are EVERYTHING to the KHSAA. Their arrogance has cost them. Now that they have received a slap across the face, HOPEFULLY, all sides can sit down and work something out to prevent the separation but solve the issues that 198 public schools feels exist. The privates can choose to take the role of the Democrats and whine like the D's did after they lost Florida (and the BGP private school posters are doing) or take a role of being visionaries and presenting a workable solution to this issue.

The private school posters have taken numerous shots at the public schools as whiners. Now it is the same group's turn to see how the other shoe is going to fit them. Do they whine like they have been attacking the public schools for or be visionaries?

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm sure as educators this is a message you really want to send. If you can't beat someone , find away to get them out of the way.

Ex.

"Teacher Billy Ray's family has more money and his parents care more. So can you get him thrown out of school so I can be number one in the class?"

This is basically what you all are doing.

The private schools have offered alternatives but the Know Nothings keep asking for more. There are workable solutions, but I don't think that the Know Nothings want any of them. They want the separation because they want to trumpet that they are not able to compete.

I would say that those who voted see not much if any difference between this creation of a new class of playoffs between telling Beechwood that they cannot and are not expected to compete with St. X for a football title.

Well then let's have a separate class for Baptists. Let's have a separate class for the middle class. Let's have a separate class for the poor. They are already trying to set up a class for Know Nothings.

I am not an attorney, but let's look at what I see as the basis for a law suit.

1. The KHSAA is an agent of state government. The courts have already ruled on this in an open records case. This places a much higher burden on the KHSAA than state associations that are voluntary associations to avoid discriminatory practices.

2. The KHSAA has passed a rule that says that member schools cannot play against schools that are not members of their state organisations. Therefore membership in the KHSAA is required in order to participate in high school athletics in Kentuucky.

3. The separation of the KHSAA into private and public divisions is arbitrary, discriminatory and without logical basis. The vast majority of the private schools have demonstrated NO athletic advantage, yet these schools are segregated into a separate category.

4. Public schools that have demonstrated high athletic achievement and which have most, if not all, of the private school advantages are not being segregated into a separate category. Thus the division is arbitrary.

5. The private school playoffs will consist of fewer rounds of competition than the public school playoffs, thus depriving the private schools of the opportunity to earn much needed revenue and causing irreparable harm.

6. The private schools that are being segregated into a separate class are primarily faith based institutions. The segregation is an effort on the part of public school administrators to discriminate against faith based instituions.

These are just a few things off the top of my head.

Anyone else care to add?

I think that all Private School supporters should decided to stop giving money to the public school scholarship fund, which by the way also goes to athletes.

If you are having trouble figuring it out, We should not have to pay the percentage of our State Tax that goes to Education. It is obviously not being spent properly, look at the quality of our Public Schools, so they shouldn’t miss our donations.

I think that all Private School supporters should decided to stop giving money to the public school scholarship fund, which by the way also goes to athletes.

If you are having trouble figuring it out, We should not have to pay the percentage of our State Tax that goes to Education. It is obviously not being spent properly, look at the quality of our Public Schools, so they shouldn’t miss our donations.

It is definitely time for the vouchers!!!!

I would say that those who voted see not much if any difference between this creation of a new class of playoffs between telling Beechwood that they cannot and are not expected to compete with St. X for a football title.

Its very simple as educators you have decided to give your students the wrong message. Instead of working to get better all they have to do is get people kicked out of the equation.

Its called the Real World mam, maybe some should come join it.

If I go for interview I can't complain that a guy comes from a nicer family and can afford a better suit or wait thats not fair he has a degree from Harvard he can't apply for a job with me.

I got a 93 on my test, but that rich kid got a 96 but that don't count cause he has an advantage over me , I really got the highest grade.

Its a joke pure and simple, public educators are hypocrites.

What is all our money being used for? WE are one of the worst public school educated states in the country , evidently a majority can't compete in sports either. I want my money back to! :D

Yes that is a very astute comment. But there is only one problem with it....the KHSAA stand for Kentucky High School ATHLETIC Association. Not acadmeic.....I love it when somebody makes such a informed statement. Obviously Louisville voters are well informed too......

Maybe if you put the KHSAA in charge of academics we would be better but at least we could be no worse.....

Yes that is a very astute comment. But there is only one problem with it....the KHSAA stand for Kentucky High School ATHLETIC Association. Not acadmeic.....I love it when somebody makes such a informed statement. Obviously Louisville voters are well informed too......

Maybe if you put the KHSAA in charge of academics we would be better but at least we could be no worse.....

Uh, try reading it again and then say "oops, never mind".

Would this vote have even come up if the Private schools stunk at sports? What about the kids that go to these schools for academics? It does still happen. What if Erlanger LLyod's enrollment had dropped by 50% the last 10-20 years, and on;y 1% of that 50% played sports at their new school? What if those teams were defeated routinely by Llyod?