Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 74 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

2 for 22 from 3, backdoors all day, didn't get back in transition,,easy formula for losing.

 

Totally agree. Not saying the game would have played out this way, but hit two more of those threes and you're looking at a 6-point lead instead of a tie game after the late run.

 

I can abide an occasional poor shooting day, but everyone should be able to at least get back on defense.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are fans that actually support their teams and then there are fans that do nothing but hate.

 

I so agree with you In All, don't care for haters:p. On a side note, how did you ever come up with such an original user name? Am almost flattered.:thumb:

Kinda wondered why Hood saw zero PT ? May have been a good game to see how he would perform in case this type of thing happens in the NCAA. But how can anyone second guess Cal. I mean seriously most coaches come in after the type of season the Cats had and talk about rebuilding. Take a look at what he has done with this team. He gets questionable D1 players outside of Patterson and turns them into legit D1 players. He then bring in Freshmen and molds them into a 27-2 team and dang near came came back from 19 down. Imagine what he will do when he gets his players in here.

Regardless of what happens in the tourney the Cats are back and the entire nation knows it.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the game at all today, maybe that is a blessing.

 

After they lost to South Carolina, I predicted that they would lose one more before tournament play. Hopefully that's it.

Kinda wondered why Hood saw zero PT ?

 

 

I said it early in the season and I still think it: He should have been redshirted.

Hindsight 20/20 but probably should have had a shoot around.

I said it early in the season and I still think it: He should have been redshirted.

 

He will never see the floor under Calipari with the revolving door of one and done recruits that will always be coming in. Either he stays to be forever remembered as a UK graduate and a guaranteed good job after college or choose to go where he deservably will play and start. I mean wasn't he recruited by Duke and other big name colleges? I would choose the latter.

How about Scotty Hopson doing the John Wall dance post game... does he not have his own? Wonder if he got an autograph pre-game?

Bull. You play two NCAA games with a day's rest three times if you want to win it all. Gets you ready for the final run. I love the timing of this one day's rest.

 

Two big things here is:

 

1. Both teams are in the same situation.

2. There is no travel between the first and second game.

 

So while playing two games in three days is good preparation for the NCAA tournament, you can't say it's the exact same situation. But I do agree that it will be a good preparation for UK.

I am not shocked by this loss at all! Kind of reminds me of 1978.:thumb:

 

What about 1978?

 

I think AD means that the 1978 team was great, but had two conference slip-ups during the season. That team lost at Alabama and at LSU during the regular season. It helped expose a couple things and they eventually used that to better themselves, which led to a national title.

In his radio segment after the game, Cal said of Bledsoe's play, "He was fine."

:confused:

 

What's he supposed to do, throw him under the bus on the radio? Last year people complained when Gillispie did this; now we complain because Cal doesn't? C'mon.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the game at all today, maybe that is a blessing.

 

After they lost to South Carolina, I predicted that they would lose one more before tournament play. Hopefully that's it.

 

Yeah, the second loss isn't surprising. It could have come against MSU, Vandy, or today. Kentucky has had a streak of difficult games. Going on the road to a big rival, a really solid team, in a quick turnaround leads one to think the Cats were ripe for the picking. And they were.

Boy what are you all gonna do if Georgia beats us this week? Gotta hope a young team learns from this. 28-2 is pretty special. What team did you play on that was 28-2 ? :sssh:

Edited by Da champ
can't type

:laugh: UK shoots 20 percent from the field for most of the game, ends up 35%. Has a stretch of about 3 minutes where Wall gets all the calls to get them back in the game, they had 6 less fouls than UT and shoot probably 10 more free throws on the ROAD and there is bonus points to the officials. I guess there really are UK fans and then there are basketball fans.:idunno:

 

It doesn't take the majority of the calls to make it bad...it takes key calls to make it bad. If you can honestly say the officiating was terrific today, then you watched a different game than I watched.

Here is my question: Why can't guys like Wall and Bledsoe (and numerous players from other teams) who have the ability to be excellent offensive back court players use those same physical skills to be excellent defensive players? I am not talking about swiping a pass here and there or blocking a layup. I'm talking about getting low and not letting a dribbler get by you, about not geting back-doored, about help defense, etc. To me it seems obvious that these are the kinds of plays that win you games yet many of the physically gifted players refuse or are otherwise unable to play serviceable defense. Why is this?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.