February 27, 201016 yr Now I understand why the other SEC coaches have complained about the late game Thursday and then the early road game on Saturday. UK didn't seem to have any legs under them early and by the end it was too late. As someone else mentioned, though, this shouldn't come as a surprise. It might actually help point out some flaws. That is definitely something that should be addressed after this year. UK has benefited from it, so I won't use that as a crutch for this game, but it definitely sets an imbalance.
February 27, 201016 yr This UK team will be lucky to make it to the Elite 8. They will run into a team who can shoot the ball and create turnovers and that will be it. This team is incapable of putting together six consecutive solid wins outside of Rupp, which is necessary to win the title. Still, I'll take this season over what the last two UK loser coaches could do this year if they were still in Lexington.
February 27, 201016 yr That is definitely something that should be addressed after this year. I'm sure ESPN will understand and stop showing SEC games on Thursday after that huge TV deal was signed last summer...
February 27, 201016 yr Now I understand why the other SEC coaches have complained about the late game Thursday and then the early road game on Saturday. UK didn't seem to have any legs under them early and by the end it was too late. As someone else mentioned, though, this shouldn't come as a surprise. It might actually help point out some flaws. But some of these guys are gonna be in the NBA next year playing Wednesday night in New Jersey and Thursday night in Miami.
February 27, 201016 yr ^^ Bledsoe has really gone to craps lately. He is terrible...Why does he keep playing him? Why no Liggins today? Bledsoe staying on the floor still just amazes me.
February 27, 201016 yr UK has played its last three road games in hornets' nests and has come away with two wins. In college balll these days, it it just really difficult to win on the road. MSU had their largest crowd of the season (if not ever) and Tenn had their biggest of the year (selling restricted view seats). Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and realize that the tournaments are on neutral courts. (I do realize that UK has some flaws but no team is perfect.)
February 27, 201016 yr I'm sure ESPN will understand and stop showing SEC games on Thursday after that huge TV deal was signed last summer... I'm not saying move it off of Thursday, I'm saying try to find a way to balance it. UK had this happen once this year, but several other teams had this multiple. That's what I'm saying.
February 27, 201016 yr Losing this game doesn't hurt UK at all IMO, if anything it will get their attention and maybe some guys will step their game up much like Miller did today, if Bledsoe and Dodson can get it going this team will be fine…
February 27, 201016 yr A tired team cannot shoot, and this UK team is tired.You need your legs to shoot,and right now,they don't have them.I just hope Coach Cal sees that.
February 27, 201016 yr Well just call Coach Cal, and give him the secret on fixing the outside shooting and we'll all feel much better about the Cats chances in the tournament. :lol: It could start with you not picking them again . Possibly giving Hood some PT against the zone ,because he can't be a worse Defensive player than Bledsoe or Dodson. Another learning experience for the young Cats .
February 27, 201016 yr This UK team will be lucky to make it to the Elite 8. They will run into a team who can shoot the ball and create turnovers and that will be it. This team is incapable of putting together six consecutive solid wins outside of Rupp, which is necessary to win the title. Still, I'll take this season over what the last two UK loser coaches could do this year if they were still in Lexington. But on the other hand no other teams play at Home in the NCAA.:sssh:
February 27, 201016 yr This UK team will be lucky to make it to the Elite 8. They will run into a team who can shoot the ball and create turnovers and that will be it. This team is incapable of putting together six consecutive solid wins outside of Rupp, which is necessary to win the title. Still, I'll take this season over what the last two UK loser coaches could do this year if they were still in Lexington. Being lucky is not bad and they won't be playing on the other teams home floor in front of all their students and fans. Ky will have as many fans as anyone on the neutral floors in the NCAA. As far as winning six in a row, only one team can do that and the cats have as good of a chance as anyone else.
February 27, 201016 yr I'm sure ESPN will understand and stop showing SEC games on Thursday after that huge TV deal was signed last summer... I don't believe they need to change it. A perfect world would allow you to play at home Thursday night and also on Saturday; but that can't really work. I'm just making an excuse for why UK might have struggled!
February 27, 201016 yr But some of these guys are gonna be in the NBA next year playing Wednesday night in New Jersey and Thursday night in Miami. Along side 12 other pros; Wall and Cousins aren't playing beside 12 pros a night at UK. In fact the Kentucky bench is getting shorter as the year goes along. That won't happen in the NBA until the playoffs.
February 27, 201016 yr Guess this loss wasn't all that shocking after all... It's been over an hour and we're only on page 2. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.