February 27, 201016 yr Author Guess this loss wasn't all that shocking after all... It's been over an hour and we're only on page 2. :lol: I think the time of day might have something to do with it. I thought it would be much worse. :lol:
February 27, 201016 yr Wall was fouled a lot more times than the officials called it. I thought the charge call on him at the end(actually pretty much ended the game) was very, very weak. I thought that was a bad call but when I watched the replay, it was definitely a charge. I hate the charging call with a passion because it is called wrong so often. The one on Bledsoe earlier in the game when he jumped directly to his left around Pearl(?), barely brushed Pearl who was already falling back ... now that was a bad call. When the offensive player jumps left or right, it almost never should be a charge and if there is contact, it should almost always be called on the defender because the contact comes from the defender leaning or falling into the offensive player's path ... JMO. Overall though, I thought the officials were very consistent in how they called the game. They let them play. They let a lot of reaches and minor contact go. The officials aren't to blame for this. Horrible shooting. Horrible transition defense. STOP THE BALL!! Someone PLEASE! I bet UT had 10 points on almost uncontested layups where the dribbler went from half court to the rim for a layup. I would like to break down this game film. It seemed to me that the player being guarded by Bledsoe went for 25-30 points in this one. Liggins should have played a lot more for Bledsoe today. More offensive patience and get it inside to Cousins and Patterson. Cousins did not get nearly enough touches in the half court offense. The high/low was there if they worked it. Put Patterson at the high post and let him and Cousins work it. Great comeback but when you come from that far back, it is very difficult to have enough energy to finish and that is what happened today. On the positive side, Miller is really starting to come around. I like what I am seeing out of him.
February 27, 201016 yr Cats will still be ok in Tourney , we may not win it but they will know we have been there .
February 27, 201016 yr I felt like they missed at least 5 open 3 balls in good rythm that would have totally changed the game. The officials didn't seem to be anti- UK to me they just seemed to call ticky tack on the perimeter and let both teams play football in the paint. U.K. never figured out how the game was being called.
February 27, 201016 yr That is definitely something that should be addressed after this year. UK has benefited from it, so I won't use that as a crutch for this game, but it definitely sets an imbalance. Bull. You play two NCAA games with a day's rest three times if you want to win it all. Gets you ready for the final run. I love the timing of this one day's rest. Also, UK figured out the zone, they just did not the shots. During their comeback they settled for too many threes when Chism was on Cousins and he rarely touched the ball. The guards just wanted to make the big shots.
February 27, 201016 yr :laugh: I guess there really are UK fans and then there are basketball fans.:idunno: There are fans that actually support their teams and then there are fans that do nothing but hate.
February 27, 201016 yr Bull. You play two NCAA games with a day's rest three times if you want to win it all. Gets you ready for the final run. I love the timing of this one day's rest. Also, UK figured out the zone, they just did not the shots. During their comeback they settled for too many threes when Chism was on Cousins and he rarely touched the ball. The guards just wanted to make the big shots. The difference is that the other team has the same disadvantage of having just played, therefore it is balanced.
February 27, 201016 yr And one more thing ... thank you to Pearl and Tennessee. They exposed another area UK needs to improve. Half court offense. Transition defense. Those are UK's two areas they need to improve to win a title. Finally, UK's half court defense let them down today also. They made their comeback because they played defense. That has been the key to this team all season. They play great defense. The defense today gave up way, way too many shots inside. Credit UT for excellent patience and execution in the half court but UK's half court defense wasn't there today for 40 minutes. Maybe for 15 minutes and that is when they made the comeback.
February 27, 201016 yr I hate to lose but sometimes it makes a team stronger to have there weaknesses exposed to them ,also . But I just don't like losing to Bruce Pearl .
February 27, 201016 yr This game killed me. UK just continues to struggle against zones. Turnovers. Poor, poor, poor defense. It was a nice comeback but UT deserved to win the game. As for the refs, at least no one can say UK got the benefit of the calls. Blaming a game on the refs is pathetic anyways. It's pathetic when U of L fans say refs won a game for UK, and it would be pathetic for a UK fan to blame todays game on the refs as well.
February 27, 201016 yr In his radio segment after the game, Cal said of Bledsoe's play, "He was fine." :confused:
February 27, 201016 yr A tired team cannot shoot, and this UK team is tired.You need your legs to shoot,and right now,they don't have them.I just hope Coach Cal sees that. This team couldn't hit 3's if they had 3 days bed rest.
February 27, 201016 yr Where was Cousins today? You gotta admire the run they put together (UK), but this one hurts.
February 27, 201016 yr Where was Cousins today? You gotta admire the run they put together (UK), but this one hurts. Cousins was getting swallowed up by the UT zone that UK couldn't shoot their way out of.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.